Comparison of SoV vs Gaiden stats

Saw this from user Shephen on reddit and thought it was interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/60ibkq/comparison_of_sov_units_stats_and_their_fe2/

Of course, we don't know if these are final or in the cases of level averages, outliers, but most notable is what looks to be fairly significant buffs for Gray.

I don't think these are RNG blessings. Among all the stat comparisons, there are only very few cases were the stats were lower than in Gaiden. It seems that stats have been increased a bit, which I like.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Ok glad Boey and Gray seem more useful this time around. Tobin may be passable. This gives me hope.

Hopefully Tobin did get much  better growths, because he barely changed - I love his new design and I really want to use all of the villagers, so please don't suck this go around, Tobin.

10 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Hopefully Tobin did get much  better growths, because he barely changed - I love his new design and I really want to use all of the villagers, so please don't suck this go around, Tobin.

My thought is that Gray may be upgraded to a sort of Jagen-lite and be on the rougher side of growths this time while Tobin is in the middle.

5 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

My thought is that Gray may be upgraded to a sort of Jagen-lite and be on the rougher side of growths this time while Tobin is in the middle.

That's possible - pretty much what Grey was like as a Merc for me already, so that makes some sense.

I just want Tobin to be passable instead of hot garbage.

Wasn't Grey arguably already the "best"(Using the term loosely) villager? Tobin needs boosts more than Grey does.

Edited by Slumber

40 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Wasn't Grey arguably already the "best"(Using the term loosely) villager? Tobin needs boosts more than Grey does.

I'd say so, I hope Tobin will have his chance to shine in fact. Actually, I was incredibily lucky with Tobin's level ups during my Gaiden playthrough and he turned out to be pretty decent (I made him a Cavalier).

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I thought Cliff was seen as the "best"

Just now, Pixelman said:

I thought Cliff was seen as the "best"

Kliff gets some magic that Gray and Tobin don't, and he has the highest defense, but Grey has the highest ATK, which may be the most important stat in the game. That's where the "arguably" comes in. It's either Grey or Kliff, depending on who you ask.

Regardless, if they're keeping basically everything the same, Tobin was the one who needed the buff, not Grey(Of Kliff, had he been buffed).

Yup, that's definitely good news. Super low growth rates and such was something I was worried about, due to them faithfully porting over a lot of the mechanics. Glad they're modernizing it in that aspect.

I just hope that we don't get too many Nyx or Micaiah situations where they could be good, but likely won't.

I just love it when a supposedly all mighty mage cannot ORKO or even the guy that you just emptied your wallet to hire for that matter.