One thing I really hope they keep *SPOILERS*

So I have just finished my what, 5th playthrough of Gaiden and I just remembered something and that is the final battle.

In the final battle, when Alm gets the killing blow he throws away his shield and jumps all up on Duma's face and kills him. This got me thinking, imagine how amazing this scene could look if they animated it and had voice over and uhhhhh just thinking about it gives me chills.

So yeah. That's about it. Thoughts?

That would actually be an amazing way to finish off the final boss.

Having not played Gaiden yet, I'm unfamiliar with most of the characters(personality-wise) and story elements, but wow, from what I've read and seen, Alm is kinda scarin' me lol.

I agree, we need a special animated cutscene for when Alm goes WW!Link on Duma. If the cutscenes we've seen so far are any indication, it will be glorious.

7 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I agree, we need a special animated cutscene for when Alm goes WW!Link on Duma. If the cutscenes we've seen so far are any indication, it will be glorious.

Pretty much this.
I would like to see Alm defeating Duma in a cutscene in a similar way to how Link defeated Oot/WW Ganon/dorf and Demise for example.

I also hope that Duma will open his eye at that moment.

141-Fire_Emblem_Gaiden_(Japan)_-_Chapter

i'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. I mean Ike did a similar thing.

bonus points to leaving him suspended mid-air on doma's face while the dialogue starts going

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

i'll be pretty disappointed if they don't. I mean Ike did a similar thing.

bonus points to leaving him suspended mid-air on doma's face while the dialogue starts going

Pretty much this, IS deserves to be shamed if they leave out that greatness.

I don't think it will be censored. There is no gore or sexual connotations, so it wouldn't throw up red flags beyond a Teen or Pegi13 rating, just as long as their is no red blood. *shrugs*

Isn't Alm being overly brutal in combat a major issue with his character? Like, he's so desensitized to violence and was basically weaned on combat that he lacks any feelings of mercy or guilt in battle? 

I haven't played Gaiden, yet, but that's what I've gathered that the devs were attempting to convey with him from what I've read. Like, "this is what war does to our youth."

25 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I don't think it will be censored. There is no gore or sexual connotations, so it wouldn't throw up red flags beyond a Teen or Pegi13 rating, just as long as their is no red blood. *shrugs*

Isn't Alm being overly brutal in combat a major issue with his character? Like, he's so desensitized to violence and was basically weaned on combat that he lacks any feelings of mercy or guilt in battle? 

I haven't played Gaiden, yet, but that's what I've gathered that the devs were attempting to convey with him from what I've read. Like, "this is what war does to our youth."

i guess a lot of what alm is like depends on how you interpret his like, 20 lines of dialogue, but i'm not sure where you've read that since he's definitely not "desensitized to violence" nor does he "lack any feelings of mercy or guilt"

when you recruit force and python he says

"But the “Pact of the Gods” upheld by Sofia and Rigel means we shouldn’t come to blows, right? Our guardian, the Lady Mila, would never permit such a thing." 

which clearly indicates that he's not entirely eager to start killing people.

there's another example later on but considering you haven't played it'd be wiser not to mention it since it's quite spoilery

so yeah I think whoever you heard that from was probably exaggerating a lot

it's really more that whereas celica thinks that violence isn't necessary he thinks it is

Edited by unique

Oooh

Yeah, I was more or less trying to, I guess, extrapolate the interpretations I've gathered. Most summaries on Alm's character essentially make him a viking of a warrior, and completely justified to be the OG Dread Fighter, despite being this unassuming young man by appearance.

Although, it could be more those explanations giving Celica more credit in that she tones him down to teach him a better path.

So, yeah, I'm wrong, lol.

11 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Oooh

Yeah, I was more or less trying to, I guess, extrapolate the interpretations I've gathered. Most summaries on Alm's character essentially make him a viking of a warrior, and completely justified to be the OG Dread Fighter, despite being this unassuming young man by appearance.

Although, it could be more those explanations giving Celica more credit in that she tones him down to teach him a better path.

So, yeah, I'm wrong, lol.

About half of Alm's dialogue(Which really isn't much) is him speaking about how much he wants to kill/fight/chase down Rigelians, half is him saying he shouldn't fight unnecessarily. There's really no development that explains this shift, so I'd say blame it on the writing of the period. Final Fantasy 4 hadn't come out yet, so story-focused JRPGs weren't popular.

The snippits of Alm's dialogue in Awakening portray him as somebody who is overly eager to fight and kill, but Celica calms him down. This is probably how they'll write him in SoV, keeping the two aspects of his personality that never really got a proper bridge in OG Gaiden.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

About half of Alm's dialogue(Which really isn't much) is him speaking about how much he wants to kill/fight/chase down Rigelians, half is him saying he shouldn't fight. I'd say blame it on the writing of the period. Final Fantasy 4 hadn't come out yet, so story-focused JRPGs weren't popular.

i know alm is the one who decides that it's right to fight rigel, but does he ever actually say that he actually wants to kill/fight them? the only time I remember it really being discussed at all was that one conversation with celica which essentially goes

"alm can't we do it without fighting them "

"no we can't rigel's gonna kill us if we don't"

"we shouldn't fight though we should try to live in peace"

"but rigel's gonna fuck us up if we don't fight"
"what if we talk to them though rudolf's probably an okay guy maybe he'll stop killing us if we talk to him. are you just doing this so you can be king or something"

"no i don't i just want to help our country just let me find the princess okay"

"THERE IS NO PRINCESS IDIOT THE ROYAL FAMILY IS FUCKING DEAD. BYE HAVE FUN IN RIGEL"

so yeah I'm not doubting it or anything but I don't really remember alm having much dialogue after that conversation, and i don't remember much of it really being particularly story relevant until the very last chapter

13 minutes ago, unique said:

i know alm is the one who decides that it's right to fight rigel, but does he ever actually say that he actually wants to kill/fight them? the only time I remember it really being discussed at all was that one conversation with celica which essentially goes

"alm can't we do it without fighting them "

"no we can't rigel's gonna kill us if we don't"

"we shouldn't fight though we should try to live in peace"

"but rigel's gonna fuck us up if we don't fight"
"what if we talk to them though rudolf's probably an okay guy maybe he'll stop killing us if we talk to him. are you just doing this so you can be king or something"

"no i don't i just want to help our country just let me find the princess okay"

"THERE IS NO PRINCESS IDIOT THE ROYAL FAMILY IS FUCKING DEAD. BYE HAVE FUN IN RIGEL"

so yeah I'm not doubting it or anything but I don't really remember alm having much dialogue after that conversation, and i don't remember much of it really being particularly story relevant until the very last chapter

Alm's most memorable line is probably "I'll crush these bastards for you.", which he says out of anger after Celica is hurt, and his one display of tactics is him picking off Rigel soldiers who are straggling from the main force. He's also super eager to explicitly take Rudolf's head. Hell, he goes on his journey because he's so angry and fed up with Rigel, and he drags his three best friends(Now four) with him.

Honestly not bad tactics or particularly brutal in reality, but it's hard to imagine any other FE protagonist saying such things. Even Hector and Ike, while they can be crude and brash, don't ever seem super eager to kill anyone.

Edited by Slumber

25 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Alm's most memorable line is probably "I'll crush these bastards for you.", which he says out of anger after Celica is hurt, and his one display of tactics is him picking off Rigel soldiers who are straggling from the main force. He's also super eager to explicitly take Rudolf's head. Hell, he goes on his journey because he's so angry and fed up with Rigel, and he drags his three best friends(Now four) with him.

isn't it more that his friends drag him with him? like, I remember that earlier part from a certain battle, it was pretty much his only line in that chapter, but in the first chapter I'm pretty sure his friends show up at the village and ask him to go 

i'm pretty sure it's luka who tells him everything that's going on, and he just ends up going with them because mycen won't

i'm sure he does do it because dozer and his friends are doing bad things, but all he really does is ask mycen to go and then go himself when mycen says no 

again I guess it's more up to interpretation but in that case I don't think it really says much about alm himself

also relevant to the actual thread: they're definitely keeping that in

the animations they've shown so far have all been very true to the originals (celica even jumps up before she attacks)

i'd be very, very surprised if they decided to remove that

I suppose it wouldn't translate as well into 3d, but I think there'll definitely be something to that effect put in

Edited by unique

Just now, unique said:

isn't it more that his friends drag him with him? like, I remember that earlier part from a certain battle, it was pretty much his only line in that chapter, but in the first chapter I'm pretty sure his friends show up at the village and ask him to go 

i'm pretty sure it's luka who tells him everything that's going on, and he just ends up going with them because mycen won't

i'm sure he does do it because dozer and his friends are doing bad things, but all he really does is ask mycen to go and then go himself when mycen says no 

again I guess it's more up to interpretation but in that case I don't think it really says much about alm himself

No, Lukas shows up and asks if Mycen will fight Rigel, then when Mycen refuses, Alm offers to go in his place, and then he drags along Kliff, Grey and Tobin.

4 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Dammit, you beat me to it. This was exactly what I was going to hope that scene became in Echoes... But yeah, I don't see them getting rid of it or anything. I imagine it was one of the more memorable parts of the game (never played it), and it would be pretty sweet to see that in full 3D animation.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Honestly not bad tactics or particularly brutal in reality, but it's hard to imagine any other FE protagonist saying such things. Even Hector and Ike, while they can be crude and brash, don't ever seem super eager to kill anyone.

Yeah, I think "Alm is a bloodthirsty savage" is a bit of an exaggeration around here, because he's not slaughtering his enemies for the fun of it...But yeah, definitely more brutal and/or extremist than other lords in his views and what he's willing to do. It helps they already had Celica alongside him to slap classic "Wide-eyed, pacifistic Idealist" onto, so Alm was written to be her foil and vice versa.

I like it; helps him stand out from other lords, but he never dips past sympathetic. Righteous anger, to an extent...and it may go a little too far every now and then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/3/2017 at 9:28 PM, Azz said:

So I have just finished my what, 5th playthrough of Gaiden and I just remembered something and that is the final battle.

In the final battle, when Alm gets the killing blow he throws away his shield and jumps all up on Duma's face and kills him. This got me thinking, imagine how amazing this scene could look if they animated it and had voice over and uhhhhh just thinking about it gives me chills.

So yeah. That's about it. Thoughts?

Just wanted to say that a user on reddit just finished Chapter 5 and confirmed everything is still in.

9 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Just wanted to say that a user on reddit just finished Chapter 5 and confirmed everything is still in.

Thank Naga