Nightmare Help

Citrus Fruit

I'm just starting out on hacking FE8, and I'm trying to use Nightmare. Everything runs smoothly in the application, and it saves correctly, but whenever I open my ROM nothing has changed. I know I'm editing the right ROM, and that I'm saving it because whenever I open Nightmare and the modules, the settings I changed are saved there. I don't really know why none of my changes are going into the game (changing portraits, base states, ect.). If anyone knows how I could fix it, that would be great.  

Are you using FEditor at the same time, or any other program that modifies the ROM?
Are you hitting 'Apply' and then saving?

The process you go through (plus what specific modules you're using) would help troubleshoot this.

20 hours ago, Primefusion said:

Are you using FEditor at the same time, or any other program that modifies the ROM?
Are you hitting 'Apply' and then saving?

The process you go through (plus what specific modules you're using) would help troubleshoot this.

I do also use FEditor, but they are never open at the same time.

For my process, I just open Nightmare, load the ROM, load the corresponding game module, and everything opens as normal. I can edit anything and there aren't any problems. However, even when I hit apply or save, there is no change in the ROM what-so-ever. Stats don't change, portraits don't change or anything. 

As for modules, I use the ones here

If you need anymore information, I'll gladly give it.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to tell you. I downloaded those modules and Nightmare, tried the FE8 Character Editor, and everything was peachy. Went to Eirika, gave her +45 to base HP, hit apply, saved, and saw the results in game.

This is a long shot, but what operating system are you running?

39 minutes ago, Primefusion said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what to tell you. I downloaded those modules and Nightmare, tried the FE8 Character Editor, and everything was peachy. Went to Eirika, gave her +45 to base HP, hit apply, saved, and saw the results in game.

This is a long shot, but what operating system are you running?

33 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

Are you using Nightmare, or Nightmare 2? Using Nightmare 2, I had a bit of trouble with the save feature being wonky at first as well.

I seem to have found the problem. I don't know what exactly was wrong with my ROM, but I downloaded it a few times and it never did work. But after downloading a new ROM by someone else, it works great. Thanks so much for the nice suggestions.