Fire Emblem Echoes, Shadows of Valentia Character Previews

Hi there everyone. My name is Mangs and I have recently started a new series called the Fire Emblem Echoes, Shadows of Valentia character previews. These are very similar to the spotlights I have done before, only that they are shorter, completely free of spoilers, and showcases some of the upcoming characters we will see in Gaidens remake, Shadows of Valentia.

The purpose of these previews is to entertain both veterans who enjoyed gaiden, as well as showing newer players what kind of characters they can expect in the new release. I will showcase their new art next to the old one and make comparisons on how they’ve changed. Since growth rates and bases will arguably remain the same in the remake, I am also going over their Gaiden stats just to give the viewers an idea of how the unit will perform.

I will update this thread as more previews are made, and add them to this list as well. I appreciate any feedback you might have to give me, and of course, if there’s any characters you’d like to see me make previews of next, let me know in this thread, or in the comment section of one of my videos!

Alm

Celica

Mae

Kamui

Boey

Silque

Valbar

Genny

Saber

Kliff

Edited by Mangs

oh shit it's mangs

Good video. You got a lot out of Alm's new design that I didn't really pick-up on(I mostly just fanboyed over him being left handed). Valbar and Grey might be good follow ups, given how much people seem to adore Valbar, even though he lost his dick armor, and Grey is probably the most drastic redesign that has upset... some very specific people.

Interesting. I'm glad they're keeping the stats the same. Although, I have to know something: do you know anything about dynamic growths from Shadow Dragon? Is there a system going to be like that? I've looked around a bit, but I didn't see much. 

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

oh shit it's mangs

Good video. You got a lot out of Alm's new design that I didn't really pick-up on(I mostly just fanboyed over him being left handed). Valbar and Grey might be good follow ups, given how much people seem to adore Valbar, even though he lost his dick armor, and Grey is probably the most drastic redesign that has upset... some very specific people.

Do people really complain about Gray? The original was the blandest thing ever drawn.

Edited by L9999

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

I thought that was a troll thread....

Possibly, but there are many posts of "Yeah, it sucks that they changed Grey/Boey's race! It makes no sense!", so most of it is probably not trolling. And from what I can't tell, this isn't purely people at SF that've been upset about it.

Edited by Slumber

Cool video! Yeah, Alm's new design is pretty great (his metallic headband thing still baffles me, though...what even is that?), especially in comparison to his really generic old one - imo, even old Marth had a more interesting design than he did. I didn't know anything about Gaiden stats or characters, but the revelation that they're updating and buffing stats for the villagers (and likely the other characters too, because I see no reason why it would only be the villagers) is good. Alm was a beast in OG Gaiden, you say? Then I'm glad he'll probably be a beast in Echoes as well!

30 minutes ago, L9999 said:

I thought that was a troll thread....

Nah, it didn't start that way, until people started trying to say certain...certain things. That's all I'm going to say about that.

32 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Lmao. This response, though. I'll admit I laughed out loud.

Edited by Extrasolar

21 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Cool video! Yeah, Alm's new design is pretty great (his metallic headband thing still baffles me, though...what even is that?), especially in comparison to his really generic old one - imo, even old Marth had a more interesting design than he did. I didn't know anything about Gaiden stats or characters, but the revelation that they're updating and buffing stats for the villagers (and likely the other characters too, because I see no reason why it would only be the villagers) is good. Alm was a beast in OG Gaiden, you say? Then I'm glad he'll probably be a beast in Echoes as well!

Nah, it didn't start that way, until people started trying to say certain...certain things. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Lmao. This response, though. I'll admit I laughed out loud.

I bowed out of that thread because I thought that the argument could basically go nowhere fast. Even in trying to justify why I thought the Grey/Boey redesigns made some sense in the context of where IS drew inspiration from, I felt like I was straddling a line. But plenty of people just gave no fucks about lines and the discussion got weird.

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

oh shit it's mangs

I don’t get why such a big deal is being made about Alm being a lefty, I mean everyone in the GBA games were left handed... or right handed depending which side of the screen they were on.

29 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don’t get why such a big deal is being made about Alm being a lefty, I mean everyone in the GBA games were left handed... or right handed depending which side of the screen they were on.

Ever since Link became a dex-traitor, us lefties have had little representation in video games.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Ever since Link became a dex-traitor, us lefties have had little representation in video games.

I suppose so, I got it in TP on wii and SS but in BoTW I think it just became a habit.

Keep calm and blame the wii.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
because specifics.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Oh, you've still got Luigi.

I think Alm fighting left handed says a lot about Mycen being compassionate enough to allow Alm to develop his own unique style. Historically, people who were left handed were beaten encouraged to use their right hand in order to learn new crafts, and this was true of soldiers learning to use weapons from their right handed officers.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Historically, people who were left handed were beaten

or told that it meant that they were following the devil's path lol

You know what, I'm actually curious as to what these videos are about, so I'm gonna check them out. (Been too busy to actually be able to check them out till today)