Conquest

Not Enough Time Or Rhyme

I have this game and played and finished the main campaign a couple years back.  It was a very interesting and cool game that took the Pokemon formula and changed it up quite a bit by combining it with an SRPG genre.  And I would never have thought that there would be a crossover between Nobunaga's Ambition/Samurai Warriors with Pokemon, since that crossover is very random in my opinion.  I haven't tackled any of the campaigns after the first one, but they do seem interesting and I do like that they offer such a variety of campaigns.

Some of the later campaigns were super-de-duper tedious.  However, the overall concept was amusing enough. Definitely don't regret my purchase!

It was fun when I played through the main ampaign and I don't regret my purchase. But I don't think I'll be replaying it any time soon. 

I remember playing it a few years back, but never finished it because of the aforementioned tedious maps. Also, I spent a long time grinding for Serperior, only to find out the lord that had Servine wasn't compatible enough </3 I stopped altogether after finding that out.

it was a fun game for sure. Sadly, the post game campaigns got a bit repetitive and the guardian charm broke the game in two, but it was nice.

I should try finishing some of the extra campaigns someday.

I almost passed this game up, but I'm glad I gave it a shot in the end.  Did it really come out for the DS?  Time flies.  I need to pick it up again and actually finish it someday.  It was a super fun concept and I had loads of fun playing it.  The soundtrack was top notch too.  This game, Colosseum and XD, and Mystery Dungeon desperately need a soundtrack release, imo. 

Part of me really hopes they revisit this type of game for the sake of improving the mechanics.  Some things were annoying and needlessly tedious.  It was also a bummer that you can't replay the game without losing the, no longer available, downloadable events and warlords (just like the main games, unfortunately).  I really like the idea of "bonding" with Pokemon rather than straight capturing them in this game too.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Forgot a thing.

7 hours ago, Spoiler Alert said:

Part of me really hopes they revisit this type of game for the sake of improving the mechanics.  Some things were annoying and needlessly tedious.  It was also a bummer that you can't replay the game without losing the, no longer available, downloadable events and warlords (just like the main games, unfortunately).  I really like the idea of "bonding" with Pokemon rather than straight capturing them in this game too.

It might be worth looking into fan servers. From it, events and other such things could be distributed. A quick google search revealed a promising fan server for Gen 4 and 5. Another showed a forum post gathering interest for pokemon conquest... They seem to require AR codes though.

Edited by SlayerX

12 hours ago, SlayerX said:

It might be worth looking into fan servers. From it, events and other such things could be distributed. A quick google search revealed a promising fan server for Gen 4 and 5. Another showed a forum post gathering interest for pokemon conquest... They seem to require AR codes though.

Thanks for this

Liked Pokemon Conquest enough, not bad, but not tremendously great. It introduced me to Samurai Warriors, though I didn't buy one until Hyrule Warriors came out.

My criticisms:

Enemy AI is extremely predictable. 

Each country has only one battlefield- they should have included 2-4 variations for each, with which one you get on a given occasion being randomized.

My biggest criticism- only one move per Pokemon was extremely limiting. This is baby's first strategy RPG, but one move? C'mon! Many Pokemon have twice as many types as that! I want at least two, ideally three, per Pokemon in a Conquest sequel.

Also- don't make it so I can blitz most stories in four months or something with Guardian Charms and Dragon Rage. Though I did reset on a number of occasions when I saw I wasn't winning a battle, so I probably could have just avoided doing that to extend things a little.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Liked Pokemon Conquest enough, not bad, but not tremendously great. It introduced me to Samurai Warriors, though I didn't buy one until Hyrule Warriors came out.

My criticisms:

Enemy AI is extremely predictable. 

Each country has only one battlefield- they should have included 2-4 variations for each, with which one you get on a given occasion being randomized.

My biggest criticism- only one move per Pokemon was extremely limiting. This is baby's first strategy RPG, but one move? C'mon! Many Pokemon have twice as many types as that! I want at least two, ideally three, per Pokemon in a Conquest sequel.

Also- don't make it so I can blitz most stories in four months or something with Guardian Charms and Dragon Rage. Though I did reset on a number of occasions when I saw I wasn't winning a battle, so I probably could have just avoided doing that to extend things a little.

I agree after playing fire emblem for a long time and not putting it down I found it hard to play this for a while because of the not switching weapons or different moves 

On 3/28/2017 at 2:40 AM, SlayerX said:

Thanks, but I'd rather not do stuff like that.  I simply wish the whole event system was fixed so limited events, once downloaded, can be reactivated in a new game.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:44 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

It’s probably done like that the first time for balancing purposes.  Depending on how moves could be learned, things may have ended becoming too cheap too easily.  I’ll admit, I’d have liked to see multiple moves as well and hopefully a sequel will implement them if it happens.  However, evolved Pokemon already had an advantage so everyone being restricted to one move probably helped keep things somewhat manageable.  That's how I see it.