Just seeking some advice concerning Thracia

Lord Tullus

Overused jokes aside, I'm somehow having a lot of trouble deciding whom to give this shield ring to. This is my second attempt at beating thracia, and I'm in chapter 8.  I plan to just complete the game at this point, and I'm dead set on making Lara the best she can be (Because I'm a sucker).  I know the sheild ring would be a waste on her, so aside from the ton of mounted units you get, who would be a good choice to give the first shield ring to?  Leaf and Fergus are already overleveled, and I'm almost ready to promote Asvel.  Dahlshin is dead and My Axe fighters (Othin and Havan) suck.  Any other advice concerning certain stat boosters I'm yet to obtain?

Here's my Current Leaf:  https://gyazo.com/75f54ddadf65081e349ac0faab958500

Edited by Lord Tullus

• Lord Tullus changed the title to Just seeking some advice concerning Thracia

Haha you and I are the same when it comes to Lara I give her stuff too and ironically the first shield ring like you do. heeeey your Leaf got actual real speed? I am shocked my leaf got screwed bad in speed....and str a bit too he is..not so good and I am on chapter 7.

Hmm are you using Karin? she could make use of it since she has low Def that likely won`t go up much..Though I would personally stick with Lara Leaf has 4 Def and she has..0 best give her something for Def especially if she is gonna be out there stealing since Lifis is ehhh not so good a thief and not as fast. Asvel also makes a good one he comes with a 0 base Def too which is not very good on him either.

32 minutes ago, Naglfar94 said:

Haha you and I are the same when it comes to Lara I give her stuff too and ironically the first shield ring like you do. heeeey your Leaf got actual real speed? I am shocked my leaf got screwed bad in speed....and str a bit too he is..not so good and I am on chapter 7.

Hmm are you using Karin? she could make use of it since she has low Def that likely won`t go up much..Though I would personally stick with Lara Leaf has 4 Def and she has..0 best give her something for Def especially if she is gonna be out there stealing since Lifis is ehhh not so good a thief and not as fast. Asvel also makes a good one he comes with a 0 base Def too which is not very good on him either.

Are you seriously considering Lara good for anything? She is completely worthless as a thief, her bases are literal 0s and her constitution is too low to steal anything. Compare that to Lifis, who can steal magic books and has actual base stats to work with (they suck as well as his growths, but he has something going for him). Lara's only real use is to leave her itemless and let her get captured so it is easier to kill enemies, since she is such a weakling any enemy can capture her. And she contributes absolutely nothing until Perne's chapter when she "promotes" to Dancer. Karin should be fine with Hezul+Fala scroll. 

3 hours ago, Naglfar94 said:

Well, any speed could be "actual" speed.  But I used one speed ring on him, and gave him the odo scroll.  That's about it.  Everything else is all Leaf (I know it's Leif, but I like Leaf)  I might need to give him lots of stuff. 

Also, Lifis has been really useful.  He stole like over 7 tomes and 2 rapiers for me.  That base build of his is no joke.  Later on though.... I dunno how it'll go.  And aperantly... Dashin had the Sety Scroll when he died.  So.... there's that.

As for Lara.  She sucks, she can't hurt anything without Scroll abuse or RNG abusing (I Loaded some save states just to get her strength up twice, but that's about it) and her build stat makes it so she can't steal staves even.  I want to use her seriously and invest in her because She's like a doll, and her speed is Sheeda levels of insane.  On top of that, she can promote 3 times, twice to theif fighter, and I hope that combined with loading her up with the Baldo, Neir, and Hezul Scrolls will be enough so that her dancer strength loss isn't as painful.  Why do you hate Lara, Kaga?

Edited by Lord Tullus

I don't think Lara promoting three times actually increases her stats. I believe her bases are set when she promotes to dancer. At least I think I remember her getting some minus stats when I promoted her.

Edited by Jotari

Dancer class bases are lower than Thief, that's why Lara loses stats. Her personal bases dont get affected. Promoting in FE just changes your current class bases, so promoting three times doesn't do anything for Lara besides give her more levels.

If anything it's actually worse though since for whatever reason, the game still thinks Lara is a Thief when she promotes from Dancer, so her stats only go up by the usual amount instead of the actual +7 she should be due.

Edited by Irysa

5 minutes ago, Irysa said:

Dancer class bases are lower than Thief, that's why Lara loses stats. Her personal bases dont get affected. Promoting in FE just changes your current class bases, so promoting three times doesn't do anything for Lara besides give her more levels.

If anything it's actually worse though since for whatever reason, the game still thinks Lara is a Thief when she promotes from Dancer, so her stats only go up by the usual amount instead of the actual +7 she should be due.

But hypothetically speaking if you could fully max her to level 20/20 before promotion and throw a load of scrolls on her you could  end up with a maxed stat dancer right? And since caps are universal in Thracia (I think?) she could be a monster of a unit.

Hypothetically? I guess, but dancing a different unit so they can travel further or use a staff again is more useful anyway. And she has fucking 0 base str and E swords with 3 build, having her kill anything is a miracle in itself. It's not like Feena who can use the Lady Sword or something for a laugh.

Edited by Irysa

In any case, I've given the Defense/sheild ring to Leif.  That actually saved his hide from dying to some steel bow guys.  After finally completing chapter 8X, I'm faced with yet another issue.  Should I give the Leg ring/Boots to Ieif as well?  I can't imagine him needing it all that much.  With the warp staff, I can just... warp him if need be.   I can repair the warp staff as well.  (Safy is still B rank though.)

Lara is now maxed out with a whopping 9 strength and 9 build (Holy Smokes, Batman!)  and I'd imagine a Flyer would make poor use of the leg ring given how dismount is a thing.  (I hate dismount, if you could not tell)  I'm thinking Either giving it to lara (because she becomes a dancer later, Saving it for a later character, or giving it to my man, Fergus.  Feedback and "OBJECTION's" are appreciated.  

Give it to Leif. If you're already investing in him to make him a decent combat unit then making him able to move around quicker is a big boon. Warp staves also aren't infinite.

When in doubt, give it to Leaf.

I'm glad you like Lara (I do too, even though she's basically Discount Laylea), but her main role should be capture bait to weaken enemy units and dancing, which are non-combative roles. However, I won't stop you from achieving the satisfaction that is this:

Spoiler

On 3/21/2017 at 3:38 AM, L9999 said:

Are you seriously considering Lara good for anything? She is completely worthless as a thief, her bases are literal 0s and her constitution is too low to steal anything. Compare that to Lifis, who can steal magic books and has actual base stats to work with (they suck as well as his growths, but he has something going for him). Lara's only real use is to leave her itemless and let her get captured so it is easier to kill enemies, since she is such a weakling any enemy can capture her. And she contributes absolutely nothing until Perne's chapter when she "promotes" to Dancer. Karin should be fine with Hezul+Fala scroll. 

Yeah I dunno how it went for you cause for all of us it`s different because of RNG but for me Lara was a savior. And she ended up being one of my more deadlier units. My current Lara has 20 in a few stat areas even strength and decent build from that neir scroll. She get`s insane stat gains from just the Baldo scroll by itself. Lifis is good for the manster arc of the game where Leaf goes to prison and such as his earlu access to stealing tomes is handy but in the long run I opt for Lara or even Perne can be a good pick.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:25 AM, Lord Tullus said:

Well, any speed could be "actual" speed.  But I used one speed ring on him, and gave him the odo scroll.  That's about it.  Everything else is all Leaf (I know it's Leif, but I like Leaf)  I might need to give him lots of stuff. 

Also, Lifis has been really useful.  He stole like over 7 tomes and 2 rapiers for me.  That base build of his is no joke.  Later on though.... I dunno how it'll go.  And aperantly... Dashin had the Sety Scroll when he died.  So.... there's that.

As for Lara.  She sucks, she can't hurt anything without Scroll abuse or RNG abusing (I Loaded some save states just to get her strength up twice, but that's about it) and her build stat makes it so she can't steal staves even.  I want to use her seriously and invest in her because She's like a doll, and her speed is Sheeda levels of insane.  On top of that, she can promote 3 times, twice to theif fighter, and I hope that combined with loading her up with the Baldo, Neir, and Hezul Scrolls will be enough so that her dancer strength loss isn't as painful.  Why do you hate Lara, Kaga?

Ah you have to Leaf? Well that is fine as he is a pretty frail unit anyways. Personally I like to give it to units with base stats of 0. But If the Def boost saved Leaf from dying then indeed it was a right choice to use it on him. Yeah that is what i love about Lara her speed is so much like Sheeda. She is also a good decoy for long range tomes to make enemies waste them (if her HP is decent about 30 or so is good) Oh yeah and don`t worry too much about her being a dancer she does not lose her Str stat but she does lose 5 points of speed some build and Def. So she takes some hits in her stats that help her survive but any Str she has will not decrease. My Lara currently has 20 Str and it stayed that way even after promotion. decent build still though lost the 8 I had her at and now 7. This is my Lara and this came from just the Baldo scroll by itself and a tiny bit of Neir. No RNG abuse or anything either she just..grew I must have got a lucky run with RNG this save file.

lara.png.13314f8decd2724738123e6c1e6348bf.png

Edited by Naglfar94