Conquest Lunatic PMU pick whatever you want

Ozarhok

I'm really in the mood for some Fire Emblem and I'm down to my last free save file, and seeing as I've done PMU playthroughs of two of Birthright & Conquest on the hardest difficulity (I don't like Revelations), I thought I'd make my last playthrough of this game for a while an interesting one. I thought about making this a "Screw Me Over" playthrough, but my favorite parts of these are who I'm going to get and how they'll turn out, so I want this to be truly random.

General Rule:

-As long as it's possible and doesn't conflict with someone else's pick, you're allowed to choose whoever you want in whatever class you want, period. Awful and useless picks are just as encouraged as actual good characters, so don't be afraid to choose something weird.
-The only rule I have regarding this is that there are only two characters allowed for a single class.

Rules:
-Corrin, 9 first gen characters and 5 children will be used.
-Gunter is not allowed, Lunatic is hard enough and having a truly not-good chatacter won't help things.
-Children can be picked regardless if the parents are a picked unit.
-If Niles is chosen, then someone can choose a boss character for me to capture and use. The captured character can fill either a normal or child character spot.
-The avatar's bane/boon or class can be picked alongside a unit pick.
-A single Dread Fighter, Dark Falcon, Lodestar, Vanguard, Great Lord, Grandmaster, Witch/Ballistician and Anna are available.

Self-imposed rules:
-Units who need a unit to change class from a character I haven't obtained yet will be in their default class until then
-Units must either switch to their chosen class on the map they're obtained or during the inbetween chapter intermission after that
-Children must be obtained as soon as I have both of their parents, or at the very latest a story chapter later.
-Every unit is allowed to be used until I've completed Chapter 10.
-Unpicked but forced units can be used, but only as pair-up fodder
-Battle & Visitation bonuses might be used

Units
1. Kiran!Vanguard Def/Res
4. Felicia!Berserker(S Arthur)
5. Elise!Sorcerer(S Odin)
6. Arthur!Butler(S Felicia)
8. Effie!MasterNinja(S Kaze)
7. Nyx!Wtich(S Leo)
9. Beruka!Maid(S Jakob)
2. Peri!WyvernLord(S Xander)
3. Charlotte!Swordmaster(S Corrin)
10. Xander!MasterNinja(A+ Kaze)
Children
2. Ophelia!DarkFalcon(Elise)
3. Midori!Gerenal(Effie)
4. Kana!GreatLord
1. Forrest!Grandmaster(Nyx)
5. Dwyer!MaligKnight(Beruka)

Edited in order of recruitment for my convience

Edited by Ozarhok

Seeing that so far these picks have been pretty good and not completely awful choices, I've decided to make the executive decision and upgrade this to a Lunatic playthrough. Though please, don't let this affect whatever choice you had in mind.

Edited by Ozarhok

7 hours ago, Ozarhok said:

If I don't get the required characters needed to start this within 7 hours of this post, fell free to submit another character if you already have.

Tragic that your regular units are filled up, Swordmaster!Leo is a great pic for every run.

Also tragic that you'll be missing out on Ballistician Corrin, and that his heart class is chosen. Let's make him Vanguard!Corrin, and hope he tanks his way through Conquest.

I'll also give you Great Lord Kana.

1 minute ago, 3+2=Pie said:

General Midori through her mother, Effie

GENERAL MIDORIIIIIIIN

I'd like to give my thoughts on this team, considerind that this is the hardest mode in Fates and every character matters

Kiran: With his Boon/Bane it looks like he just might turn out like Radiant Dawn Ike, with the defence boon representing Ragnell and the resistance bane representing Ike's awful resistance.
Felicia: Both sides of her offence don't look that good, but she gets Rally Strength almost immediately which could lead to some interesting strategies, and Axefaire come reasonably early to help with her offence.
Elise: I didn't even notice I got her, she should be my hardest hitting magic unit.
Arthur: Not as bad as he looks, having a healer right at the start is a rarity for me with these, and he'll have plenty of time to build up his staff rank to use the status effect staves well with his great skill. I'll also probably use all of my Spirit Dusts on him becuase no one else really needs them.
Effie: She should be great, I got Effie as an archer and this should be a speedier but slightly weaker version of that.
Nyx: I've never used her before, so I'm just expecting another Elise but with different skills. Warp is going to be invaluable for the harder stages.
Beruka: This is going to work out pretty well actually. She won't change her class until she's nearly promoted, so she'll gain levels that actually suit her, and once she becomes a Maid she can use her unique ability to make up for her attack loss.
Peri: Having any unit that has access to Rally Defence is a great help to me, the fact that she'll probably turn out well asa Wyvern Lord is a nice bonus.
Charlotte: Never used her before, but she shouldn't really be much different than a Berserker. Hopefully her higher skill will allow her to make use of Gamble.
Xander: He alone changed my opinion of this playthrough to "concerned" to "somewhat concerned". I've had him as a Master Ninja before and he was one of my best units and necessary for some of the hardest chatpers.
Ophelia: Finally, an Ophelia who can make use of her unique ability! I've noticed that the Opheilas I've been getting have been progressivley better.
Midori: I've never had that good of luck with Midori, but I got a good feeling with this one. The Elise!Ophelia I had ton my last Conquest PMU turned out to be one of my better units.
Kana: The last PMU I had, my Great Lord was the best tank I had, so having a unit coming from a defence boon father should make her into hopefully a great tank.
Forrest: Never used a Strategist, but considering everytime I played Awakening I had Robin use tomes and he used them well, so this should be good.
Dwyer: I had him as a Malig Knight before but with Elise as a mother, so this should be a physical version of that. In that playthrough he was solid but didn't stand out, but considering what I could have got I really don't mind.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:49 AM, Ozarhok said:

Kana: The last PMU I had, my Great Lord was the best tank I had, so having a unit coming from a defence boon father should make her into hopefully a great tank.

Erm, sorry, but I wouldn't expect much on the defensive end considering who her mother is... (Fancy way of saying that the fixed parent has no say in their child's growths in this game)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

First update

Chapters 1-6

Typical stuff, though Kiran didn't have that much strength so Chapter 3 took about three-dozen turns to rout. Kiran just barely got to level 10 by the end of Chapter 6, by that I mean the chapter ended with him at 10.01

Hidden Truths 1

I was initially checking this out to see what it was, I didn't expect to actually be able to complete it at this point. I felt a bit overwhelmed on the first attempt and I didn't complete it then, I didn't know when to use the stat boosters and kept Owain and Severa paired up for too long, but I did it on the second attempt.

Chapter 7

Once you learn that pairing Effie up with Silas with a strength tonic while Elise is next to her, Effie becomes unkillable by any of the regular enemies. I had them block off the path to the bottom so everyone else could take on the boss, who was a lot easier this time due to my Corrin not being an inaccurate bow-user.

Chapter 8

At turn 3 I realised I wasn't going to get to 3 villages with this team. Fortunately the only tough part was dealing with the first village of enemies. The enemies that came from the bottom-left villages came after me a few turns between each other so this wasn't much more difficult compared to doing it the proper way.

Chapter 9

Kiran went straight to Nyx & she class changed, then they took out every archer (with some luck) in the area where Haitaka is. I always forget all of the reinforcements that come in the center, and this I was somewhat prepared for it.

Vanguard Dawn

If I knew that this wasn't as overwhelming as it looked I probably would've done it sooner. At around turn 6, Kiran & Effie blocked both waves of enemies by having high defence so that they didn't attack or they stupidly moved an archer right next to me that couldn't attack, and I just ended turns until it was over. I didn't bother with any of the skills from the enemies because I consider that cheating.

Chapter 10

This chapter has never been as hard as people made it out to be, and this time I was able to rout the entire map sans Takumi & get all the houses. Kiran had great defence at this point, so after the first few turns he went down to the right boat where the Oni Savages & Sky Knights come from and pretty much stayed there and took them all out. Though Arthur had to freeze some of the Sky Knights from the left & Hinata to correct some mistakes and missed hits.

Paralouge 20

No matter how many times I play this, this chapter never gets any less annoying. This time however, I decided to pay attention to when reinforcements come and when the groups of enemies move. My best chance was everyone going through the middle-right while sending Camilla left to get the Horse Spirit & deal with the guys over there. I had to send everyone to the top through a tight choke point to stop the Outlaws from getting to the villages. It took nearly the rest of my Freeze staves but I was able to get to every village.

Stats

Class         Level  HP   Str  Mag Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Kiran    Vanguard      14.73  31   23+3 7   14   15-1 14   18   3
Felicia  Berserker     13.77  34+5 18   9   18   17   15   8    12+2
Elise    Dark Mage     12.16  21   4    20  5    14   15   8    15+5
Effie    Knight        12.85  27   19   0   9    9    15   17+2 5
Arthur   Trobadour     15.44  25+5 9    6   15   14   8    10   11+2
Nyx      Witch         13.62  22   1    19  8    20   11   5    9
Beruka   Wyvern Rider  11.39  25   14+2 0   16   10   11   14   8
Ophelia  Dark Falcon   11.97  25   7    15  11   17+2 17   6    19+2

Chapter 11

A simple and easy Chapter, which is what I needed at this point now that I can't use a bunch of my units anymore. I was able to rout the whole map, Ophelia was useful for getting rid of all the units around Hinoka.

Paralouge 6

Even with the scary promoted units I was able to kill everything except the reinforcements. I kept Candace surrouned so I could defeat her whenever I got overwhelmed.

Chapter 12

I didn't have Camilla for this chapter to activate the Dragon Vein and tank the Apothecaries, so I didn't even bother with that and went around instead. I went quick enough so the reinforcements didn't catch up with me. The highlight of this chapter was having Nyx take on the left side of the pot area and survining the enemy phase with just one HP.

Chapter 13

I went left to take on the Wyvern Rider/Knight units that come from the bottom then Reina, I didn't have an archer this time so killing her was tricky. Kiran lured both her and Scarlet for everyone else to finish off them and their groups, though the latter was tougher than I thought so I had to survive the enemy phase after that with some luck.

Chapter 14

This chapter was also difficult without an archer. I was able to easily take care of the initial units and wear down the status staves, but the Kinshi Knight reinforcements were really troublesome. After doing the former, everyone had to head top and Ophelia engaged the bottom Oni Savages to spawn the reinforcements, then Kiran lured them all up and I was barely able to kill them all.

Chapter 15

I just did this chapter now instead of the paralouges because of how short and easy it is, and I wanted to grind Leo's and Jakob's supports at the same time for convienence. I took this opportunity to build up Kiran's Axe ranking a bit because his Sword rank was already at A.

Paralouge 16

Not as hard as I thought it'd be at this point. Elise was able to take on all of the Dark Mage reinforcements near the boss, gaining nearly three levels in the process and promoted later this chapter.

Paralouge 4

I had to take this really slow what with the powerful promoted units, luckily Forrest was able to take on all the more dangerouse mages with his great Resistance.

Paralouge 2

I still wasn't able to engage the Falcon Knights so everyone went to the top right and Kana took care of them. I took so long that the actual bosses showed up, but I killed them right as they showed up.

Chapter 16

I like to take this chapter slow to get the last of my units to level 20, unfortunately it's not a chapter you should do slowly what with the losing money gimmick. I've always had my weaker/unpromoted units slowly take on the left while my stronger units & Xander go right and kill the weaker units.

Stats:

Class         Level HP   Str  Mag Skl Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Kiran     Vanguard      22.82 36   25+3 11  16  17-1 21   23   7
Felicia   Berserker     20.97 41+5 22   11  23  20   19   8    14+2
Elise     Sorcerer      1.0   27   4    30  10  23   19   11   23+2
Effie     Master Ninja  1.78  26   21   0   19  23   16   17+2 16
Arthur    Butler        2.11  31+5 18   8   22  20   13   17   11+2
Nyx       Witch         21.02 24   4    24  12  25   13   7    12
Beruka    Maid          1.30  29   19+2 9   23  16   19   16   16+2
Peri      Wyvern Lord   1.13  30   21+2 0   15  20   16   19   11
Charlotte Swordmaster   1.0   33+5 22   3   15  28   18   13   9
Xander    Master Ninja  4.5   36   20   3   21  19   18   20   13