Echoes Limited Edition Announced for NA

Nintendoeverything is reporting on this, which I've heard is a fairly reputable source, but I can't find an official confirmation.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-limited-edition-bundle-revealed-for-north-america/

Anyone confirm?

please spare a thought for those of us in europe

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! We can get all the 6 Fire Emblem characters in the game. It's nice to see we'll able to get Roy along with Corrin added in the game since it's was a shame that we can't get Roy in Fire Emblem Fates. Also, I do see that pin map sprite has Marth in it since that's a lot different from his Fate's map sprite.

Wonder when preorders will start happening, I was already going to be paying a visit to Gamestop today to pick up a copy of Horizon for my sister's birthday. It'll finally give me an excuse to pick up a Roy Amiibo as well.

I wouldn't mind getting this, but judging from how things went with the Fates Special Edition, I might be a little too late on pre-ordering it. I mean it's not going to stop me from trying, but if I land a limited edition pre-order then yay, if not? I'll get the digital version.

Edited by Commander Xelon

You're correct about Corrin, but as per the PR.

Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99. When used in the game, these amiibo will activate their own exclusive dungeons, allowing heroes to earn items and level up their armies further by defeating bosses. By selecting Mila’s Turnwheel from the menu on the overworld map, they will also be able to take advantage of their Alm and Celica amiibo in battle. During combat, players can sacrifice a portion of Alm or Celica’s health in order to summon a computer-controlled illusory hero, which will act as a temporary ally for a single turn.

As Alm and Celica get stronger, their stats can be saved to their respective amiibo, allowing their summoned unit to grow in strength alongside them. In addition, all Fire Emblem amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series can be used to summon an illusory hero of that character, allowing players to seek assistance from spectral visages of Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina and the upcoming Corrin amiibo. All other currently available amiibo are also compatible, and will summon an additional monster to the battleground to assist players in battle, providing some much-needed help in case of a strategic emergency.

And this is why I held off on preordering. I don't mind splurging the extra $20 for those swagalicious pins and artbook that's clearly worth more than 20$ 

i'm glad they only show up for one turn

it'd be a bit silly for marth to show up in valentia to help out alm

i don't have the money to get this but it looks cool

and will also be the first time we get a real 3d model of roy outside of smash bros, so that's something

Not gonna shell out the money for this. But I eagerly await some here tearing up their artbook to upload the images. Just as I do the CD. Thank you for your financial sacrifice!

It sounds like the Alm and Celica amiibos are just grinding dungeons- yay! The one-turn phantoms thing sounds balanced, but that they're AI controlled means no SS Summoner Phantom strats. It sounds like the other amiibos work the same, good. There are too many FEbos out there currently- to have them all as long-term playable units would be kinda broken.

Man, I won't be able to sleep safely until I've secured my UK/Europe pre-order XD

A bit disappointed the Amiibo are 1-turn only. I was hoping for 5+ turns NPCs at worst. I guess they could be nice meatshields, haha.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Only Europe is getting amibos?!? What?!?

Only Europe is getting the Amiibo with the bundles, but you can order the Amiibo separately.

Not even Japan got the Amiibo in their bundles.

Either way, there are pros and cons. Like people who don't collect or use Amiibo.

I don't have the money to pre-order the thing right now, so I'll have to wait a week to when I can. Hopefully between now and then it doesn't sell out, or when I go to the Gamestop to cancel my reservation of the regular version I can reserve it there (Can't currently online) and put down 5 for the thing so I can pay the rest in May, assuming you can do that with the Special Edition. If not, I'll just pre-order it at the end of the week.

Damn you Nintendo, always doing this to me. Maybe I'll learn my lesson and wait next time. Probably not though.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Only Europe is getting the Amiibo with the bundles, but you can order the Amiibo separately.

Not even Japan got the Amiibo in their bundles.

Either way, there are pros and cons. Like people who don't collect or use Amiibo.

Anyway it's a collector, so I think it's not bad idea to include the Amiibos within.

Hmmm. I want this, but I don't want to deal with Gamestop. More particularly, I don't want to deal with their shipping (especially for a Friday release) and in-store pickup is apparently not an option. I'll take a gamble on it going live with another retailer, preferably Best Buy since they came through for me with Fates.