• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, unique said:

i'm glad they only show up for one turn

it'd be a bit silly for marth to show up in valentia to help out alm

i don't have the money to get this but it looks cool

and will also be the first time we get a real 3d model of roy outside of smash bros, so that's something

Only one turn? That kind of sucks. I was hoping we were getting more along the lines of Fates Amiibo function, or at least for a full battle.

Hopefully FE Switch/Warriors will have better amiibo functions.

God damn it I knew it. Time to get jealous of everyone who can get a hand on theirs.

Hidari's art is so pretty I would love the artbook too. I don't mind too much that only Europe get the amiibos since I only own an old 3DS and can't use them. No my problem is that I only own a Canadian 3DS but live in Europe and most sites that will stock the limited edition will refuse to export the game since it is region locked. I also don't have enough money to blow on both a regular version and a glorified shelf trophy that the UK version would be.

Out of curiosity, is there actually some regulations about not selling region locked games across borders or is it just a policy sites take to avoid customer complaints?

Oh man, now comes the stress of hoping I don't miss it >.< I was at work when Fates SE was released. I've signed up for emails, but we'll see how well that goes. If not, I'll pay the scalpers v.v

1 minute ago, Pikappa93 said:

Is it me or are there still no open preorders for Europe? I hope they don't bring us in a Fates-like situation with this Limited Edition...

Nothing exists EU yet

Seems like it's already sold out on Gamestop's website.

I'd almost prefer they didn't make Limited Editions if they're only going to continue getting worse at stocking them.

3 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I'd almost prefer they didn't make Limited Editions if they're only going to continue getting worse at stocking them.

Could be Gamestop being Gamestop, really.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your pre-order by phone for Gamestop? I'd like to go to the store, but I already have other places to go and I don't think my parents would want to take me all over town today...

...ah. It appears I can't. So I'm hoping it's still available by the time I can actually go to the store.

Edited by spiderbrush

Holy fuck, I want, no need that art book!

Also getting the amiibo as a plus, ur mer gerd!!! (Though I do need to get the reader for the old 3ds)

This game is gonna cost me but I honestly don't care. I regret getting the Fates SE but I know I wont regret this.

Also if this SE is 120 euro like Fates I will flip the fuck out. GameStop don't you dare.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I regret getting the Fates SE but I know I wont regret this.

I also got the Fates SE and... well, I don't exactly "regret" getting it because of the game cartridge having all 3 paths, but the rest of its content wasn't that special (both in Europe and NA). Echoes SE appears to be richer in its content, however I'm afraid trying to get my preorder will seriously challenge my mental sanity.

I got the Limited Edition preordered along with the Dual Pack amiibos when I walked in to GameStop around 10:30 am PT today after my College class was over. I asked the store clerk how much is the Limited Edition and she saids the Limited Edition for the price that was just opened today is $59.99. Which it's a good price the get the Limited Edition.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Go to a nearby store, mine was accepting pre orders for the Collector's Edition this morning. You might have better luck going to an actual store rather than online.

I already pre-ordered the regular game thinking we wouldn't get the special edition...and now....

Dammit. That art book is the real prize that I want here... :dry:

Do I cancel my base pre-order and try to find a place where the Special Edition is available for pre-order...

6 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

I wouldn't mind getting this, but judging from how things went with the Fates Special Edition, I might be a little too late on pre-ordering it. I mean it's not going to stop me from trying, but if I land a limited edition pre-order then yay, if not? I'll get the digital version.

it's still up at gamestop.com

you could probably go by one a GS later and pick one up

My lifeguarding wages from the past month and a half should just about see me through this pre-order, though my wallet is certainly feeling the sting post-Switch. Thank God I'm a teenager still mooching off of his parents for food and a home!

In terms of the package itself, hot damn it looks nice! I'm glad it comes with an OST and art book that seems to be much more expansive than Fates'. But the star of the show for me is easily those pins. I'm hardly a collector, and I'm not in the habit of wearing suits, but damn, these look good. Also happy that amiibo come bundled in. I'm hoping the price is somewhere in the £45 to £60, but I knew I would be picking up the amiibo anyway, so this is just a convenience for me.

On the amiibo functionality, I too am disappointed they aren't permanent allies (though I can understand why, given Echoes' plot and mechanics), but none of that will matter so longer as we get some sweet Hidari art with voices, especially if Ray Chase returns as Roy.

Now I need to watch Amazon and GAME like a hawk. I would be watching Nintendo too, but their store's website is screwy on my school's Wi-Fi.

I pre-ordered this as soon as I got out of class today. The pre-orders went up mid-way through my Marketing class, so I was anxious to get it pre-ordered. Thankfully I did.

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

Do I cancel my base pre-order and try to find a place where the Special Edition is available for pre-order...

I had to work, so obviously when I saw this at lunch gamestop was sold out ;n;

I'm watching the Amazon listing like a freakin' HAWK. I will, and if anyone else does notice it up there, I'll post here right away.

I'm keeping my base pre-order until I get a SE nabbed; may keep my regular anyway (and I also plan on getting the game digital - I'm nuts, I know)

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

I already pre-ordered the regular game thinking we wouldn't get the special edition...and now....

Dammit. That art book is the real prize that I want here... :dry:

I wouldn't worry about the regualr edition as there will probably plenty at launch

6 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Man, I won't be able to sleep safely until I've secured my UK/Europe pre-order XD

A bit disappointed the Amiibo are 1-turn only. I was hoping for 5+ turns NPCs at worst. I guess they could be nice meatshields, haha.

where did that 1 turn thing come from, I haven't read it anywhere

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I wouldn't worry about the regualr edition as there will probably plenty at launch

where did that 1 turn thing come from, I haven't read it anywhere

Nintendo's official press release.

The relevant part is quoted in the front page article ^^

Edited by VincentASM

2 hours ago, Aera said:

Oh, you can preorder the limited edition in-store?

I just pre-ordered the limited edition in the store during my break. :v 

I think it's a lot easier to just go there and order it yourself instead of going on the websites to see if it's available. 

But I wasn't able to get the amiibo pack, which was weird.

Edited by Aera

Looks like I am stuck waiting on Amazon since I won't be able to get to a GameStop until Saturday.  I signed up for the alerts for both the LE and Amiibo, hopefully I can get it from them especially since I have a gift card I have been saving.