New Echoes Trailer - Two Armies

I have a hunch on how bow range might work in Echoes: SoV

1. In Ram Forest, Generic Archer has a generic Bow and Bowrange+1, he has 1-3 range.

Spoiler

unknown.png

2. In Southern Fortress, Archer Kliff has a generic Bow, he has 1-3 range.

Spoiler

15ad165438c242da.png\

3. In Zofia Gate, Archer Tobin has a Steel Bow equipped, he has 1-4 range.

Spoiler

unknown.png

4. In Deliverance Hideout, we see Archer Tobin with Bowrange+1.

Spoiler

3206016-fe4.png

5. In Mountain Graveyard, Sniper Leon has an Iron Bow equipped and Bowrange+2, he has 1-5 range.

Spoiler

unknown.png

6. In Desert Fortress, Sniper Leon has an Iron Bow equipped and Bowrange+2, he has 1-5 range.

Spoiler

fBZ1Rxt.png

I'll assume here that

- Archer Kliff has Bowrange+1, in line with the generic Archer

- Archer Tobin has Bowrange+1 in both Screenshots 3 and 4

My hypothesis with bow range in this game is as follows:

- Generic Bows have 1-2 range, equippable Bows (such as Iron Bow or Steel Bow) have 1-3 range as their weapon parameters

- Archers have Bowrange+1: they have 1-3 range at base, and 1-4 range with an equippable Bow

- Snipers have Bowrange+2: they have 1-4 range at base, and 1-5 range with an equippable Bow

This is consistent with all of the above screenshots, and could be a possible explanation.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hater gonna hate. Lol. This is really something stupid for the "elitists" starting insulty so hardly the newbies of the fire emblem, special considering seems like they would prefer the series stop as awakening as marketing failure and be the special ones who wait years for a new fire emblem like sonic fan and never have FE gaiden remake based of how shadow dragon fail.

On 3/21/2017 at 2:49 PM, Azz said:

Oh if that was the case, then I apologies. I taught they were referring to Chapter 3 and 4 since I have seen a lot of people think that there was some kind of route split/choice between Alm and Celica's route and that you have to play one then the other.

Again apologies to @AzureSen

I initially did, but then taking a closer look at the map (and doing a catch-up via a Gaiden LP) I realized that the big honkin' castle in that footage is probably Zophia Castle and you can see the cave that's probably the Deliverance HQ, so it would indeed appear to be footage of Chapter 3. So it was a mistake on my part.

For reference: 

Edited by Azure Sen

44 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Who is the former user you are talking about?

RangerJackWalker. Who apparently still posts here sometimes, so calling him "former" is the wrong way of putting things.

17 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I initially did, but then taking a closer look at the map (and doing a catch-up via a Gaiden LP) I realized that the big honkin' castle in that footage is probably Zophia Castle and you can see the cave that's probably the Deliverance HQ, so it would indeed appear to be footage of Chapter 3. So it was a mistake on my part.

For reference: 

*screenshot*

You can even see Desaix on the left of the map. No doubt it's Chapter 3.

34 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

Hater gonna hate. Lol. This is really something stupid for the "elitists" starting insulty so hardly the newbies of the fire emblem, special considering seems like they would prefer the series stop as awakening as marketing failure and be the special ones who wait years for a new fire emblem like sonic fan and never have FE gaiden remake based of how shadow dragon fail.

If they were remaking a game for the 'elitists', then why would they choose to remake the game that is by far the closest to the 3DS games on the basis of overall game design. If that was their aim, they would have remade Thracia 776, the game that existed for this purpose to begin with.

I was wondering, why is there a Marth pin in the SE along the Alm and Celica ones? Are we getting some Archanea chapters in the game or...?

Since there's a prologue chapter, other things could be added.

Edited by Pikappa93

This could just be me being optimistic or trusting, but I don't necessarily see them saying that "Pair Up has no place" being a jab at the other games; just a way to inform people that the feature won't be in the game. The wording could have been a little less on the nose, I agree...but  the narrator seems to be going for that effect in the first place, to try to make everything seem epic and amazing and such.

Of course, elitists are gonna elitist no matter what. Even if the narrator had said "Oh, and just letting you know Pair Up isn't in this game," I get the feeling they would react the same way.

And yeah, Tellius narrator was the best narrator... Adding that voice narration to RD was one of the best choices they made, really made the whole thing a lot more epic.

Edited by Extrasolar

12 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

I was wondering, why is there a Marth pin in the SE along the Alm and Celica ones? Are we getting some Archanea chapters in the game or...?

Gaiden takes place in-between Marth's games and has several characters from them make an appearance. So it makes some sense at least.

3 minutes ago, Iridium said:

If they were remaking a game for the 'elitists', then why would they choose to remake the game that is by far the closest to the 3DS games on the basis of overall game design. If that was their aim, they would have remade Thracia 776, the game that existed for this purpose to begin with.

As far I know the game is not made for the 'elitists', but for the old school fan which aren't all 'elitists' and for the newbies to appreciate the old formula.

May you missunderstand me but I was pointing that using echoes as "rekt noob, you don't any more your dear game" is just cancerous and not any constructive for the serie. If the serie go to totally casual, I gonna blame such 'eletists'.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

I don't necessarily see them saying that "Pair Up has no place" being a jab at the other games; just a way to inform people that the feature won't be in the game.

Knowing Nintendo, that definitely is what it is, and people are just taking it as an insult lol. Nintendo has done explanation in humor like that before, it's not terribly surprising.

Anyways, this trailer has certainly gotten me even more pumped! It seems like since everyone is more-or-less delegated to one class (save for villagers) so it seems like they all have more animations unique to them, which is certainly cool. (looks at Saber. Lovin' his animations haha) I think it'd make sense if that is true though, seeing as in Awakening and Fates there were a bunch of potential classes characters could be, so it'd take much more time to make everyone have unique animations.

Villages seem cool. I never played the original Gaiden so I can't feel the same disappointment others felt when they found out that you can't really explore them, but either way they still look good.

Honestly the narrator's voice isn't that bad. A LOT of games have those "overly-excited" narrators so I don't really care all that much and honestly, this dude is better than most haha.

20 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

I'm pretty sure that Marth pin was from the in-game sprite in Echoes since this game is getting all of the six Super Smash Bros. Fire Emblem related amiibos compatible in this game like Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina are compatible for Fire Emblem Fates. But, it's a good thing that Roy and Corrin are compatible in Echoes since it's a shame that those two aren't compatible in Fates.

Edited by King Marth 64

48 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Alas, it looks like we won't be getting Snipers with collapsible bows. Bow Knights probably won't set their enemy on fire, either.

The fire was an effect of the Holy Bow, not the bowknight class itself

Interesting... so out of curiosity how did healing work in the original? As magic costs health it either means limited healing (as healer hurts self akin to Micaiah and healing items) or just healing items...

And can anyone explain the generic weapons versus "equip-able"? Is it say like the default weapon if you haven't equipped another one yet?

2 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

Interesting... so out of curiosity how did healing work in the original? As magic costs health it either means limited healing (as healer hurts self akin to Micaiah and healing items) or just healing items...

And can anyone explain the generic weapons versus "equip-able"? Is it say like the default weapon if you haven't equipped another one yet?

The healer have a magic that steal hp from the enemy which doesn't cost hp. It is a basic magic.

I did looked at in the trailer and I did managed to see some new ones and other ones got localized also besides Slayde:

• Dried Shieldfish (what type of fish is that?)
  • Blessed Sword (I definitively knew that was coming since the other Blessed weapons appeared in Awakening, but it was missing Blessed Sword and Shield in that game)
  • The Calendar in the trailer shows 5th of Pegastym, 401 instead of 23rd, I really totally think that Pegastym thing is a calendar
  • The illusionary soldiers appeared to be blue (I did seen the official video from the Japanese site has Valbar and the Whitewing sisters did appeared as an Other Unit that the color green that was from the other Fire Emblem games)
  • Mila's Servant
  • Child of Fate
  • I saw Saber got promoted to Myrmidon, I was hoping the Myrmidon class turned into a 1st Tier class instead of a 2nd Tier like the other Fire Emblem games
Edited by King Marth 64

3 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

The healers took damage when using healing spells (1 for regular healing, 3 for physic, 12 for fortify), and the sisters always had Nosferatu to heal themselves (but not the sage units who get the basic heal spell as well)

(They could also double cast the healing spell, which could be a problem (And only this and Thracia have it. :P))

5 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

Healing magic cost HP yes. Though a basic heal spell was only 1 HP and if your power stat (Now Attack) was high enough you wouldn't really need to use anything above that. Also healers had access to Nosferatu which cost 0 HP and allowed them to recover HP. Also this was the only way for them to get exp as healing did not count.

As for generic weapons, they were just weak weapons with no extra effects that were equipped when you had nothing in your equip slot or you had a shield or ring equipped. For example, the basic sword, lance and axe weapons had a Mt of 0, Hit of 90, Crit or 0 and Wt of 0. The basic bow had a Hit of 7 however but also had 1-3 range and unlike other bows, did not do effective damage versus fliers. That;s about it though.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The healers took damage when using healing spells (1 for regular healing, 3 for physic, 12 for fortify), and the sisters always had Nosferatu to heal themselves (but not the sage units who get the basic heal spell as well)

(They could also double cast the healing spell, which could be a problem (And only this and Thracia have it. :P))

Ah interesting I had heard about Nosferatu before but didn't know the exact costs So I take it that spell in particular is female only? And by double cast I presume you mean heal the same target twice? as I know that was a hated thing in FE 5...

@AzzAh interesting so Nosferatu is basicaly their main EXP source. So you need to split between leveling and healing I man with the lack of staves it makes perfect sense...(as the staff does the work for you and seems to be the source of Exp)

Edited by Dragrath
tried to add quote and comment reply...

4 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

Ah interesting I had heard about Nosferatu before but didn't know the exact costs So I take it that spell in particular is female only? And by double cast I presume you mean heal the same target twice? as I know that was a hated thing in FE 5...

Nosferatu costs nothing, and the sister class is the only one to get it.

And yes, that double casting, but I saw it far more often there.

Edited by Dayni

8 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

Gaiden has three healing spells: Heal, Physic, and Fortify. These function pretty much identically to the staves of the same name, except they can be used infinitely provided you have HP. Heal has an HP cost of 1, Physic has an HP cost of 3, and Fortify an HP cost of 12. Note, however, that healers could heal other healers. Celica can heal Genny (or vice versa), and Silque could do the same with Tatiana. Healing is thus effectively infinite as long as you have more than one healer with at least one spare hitpoint between the two.

It's actually closer to being broken than it is worthless, with the only balancing factor being that not all clerics got all three healing spells. (Tatiana doesn't get Heal and has a decent support movepool, Silque doesn't get Physic or Fortify but has the best support movepool, and Genny doesn't get Fortify and has underwhelming support movepool.)

Clerics also get the Nosferatu spell which is unique to them and doesn't cost any MP. It has poor accuracy, but it's free so what do you expect. All three clerics get it but nobody else does (making it female only by default; there are no priests.)

As for generic weapons, you can think of it as "if a unit's inventory does not have any weapons, they get a crummy bronze weapon for free." There is no generic Black Magic (or rather it's Nosferatu, which dedicated mages don't get), and the generic Bow doesn't get a bonus against fliers or 4/5 range, but the generic sword and lance essentially function identically besides being weaker. Gaiden's inventory is a bit odd because you could also equip Shields or Rings instead of weapons, which meant you'd have a much lower damage output but could benefit from a number of nice additional effects -- some being arguably more broken than mere damage.

1 hour ago, SuperIb said:

Honestly the narrator's voice isn't that bad. A LOT of games have those "overly-excited" narrators so I don't really care all that much and honestly, this dude is better than most haha.

I agree here. Granted, the narrator's not in Tellius!Narrator league, but it's way, way, way better than... *cough* the Mighty No. 9 narrator and narration...

I shudder to think of that fiasco...