Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology announced for 3DS

The DanMan

On 3/26/2017 at 10:01 AM, Gustavos said:

I'm hoping all the bad endings return, especially the one where

Reveal hidden contents

I may buy this. I've felt an urge to replay Radiant Historia a few times over the years, and there's definitely some expanded content with that new character. If it were just a prettied up remake I wouldn't bother. I do encourage people to keep an eye on this if they missed the original.

The bad ending that I think should stay in is

Spoiler

the one where Aht shoves Our Hero into an alternate dimension so NO ONE will hurt him!  It's adorable, creepy, and shows some limits to Lippti/Teo's powers.

The moral of that ending is to discipline your kids~!

44 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hide contents

the one where Aht shoves Our Hero into an alternate dimension so NO ONE will hurt him!  It's adorable, creepy, and shows some limits to Lippti/Teo's powers.

Yes, absolutely! Also

Spoiler

The one where Stocke and Raynie tie the knot and settle down waiting for the world to end. It's endearing and believable that Stocke would take the opportunity to explore this romance using the power of the White Chronicle. Also, and I may be misremembering, but didn't Lippti and Teo comment on each of these wrong decisions? I remember one decision made them so at a loss for words at Stocke's stupidity/naivety that their disappointment was a priceless reaction. I also remember my Fates Revelation playthrough having a My Castle and Corrin based on Radiant Historia. Fitting since Revelation is supposed to be the true path attained after exploring two other major decisions.

I can't stress enough how well this game tackles elements of time travel. I'm not too savvy of the JRPG genre outside of big names (final fantasy, persona, pokemon, etc) but this is the game I cite for doing that plot element well.

Edited by Gustavos

Lippti and Teo do comment on every bad ending.

Spoiler

The utter naiveté one would probably be accepting power from Hugo. I recall for the Raynie romance ending that after Lippti and Teo criticize him, Stocke basically rebukes them saying something along the lines of "like you'd know what romance is" and Teo goes "hah, you got me fair and square!" I bring that one up because it humanizes the child duo a little more. And then there is the conut researcher side quest wherein the siblings actually intervene to force Stocke to make things end right. I like the kids, they're guides that aren't overly annoying or useless.

Most of the bad endings you can see coming from miles away, but they are entertaining and cost free.

The time travel mechanics are kept relatively simple, perhaps that is why it works rather well.

I played about 6 hours of the original. Really enjoyed those hours, but the copy of the game wasn't mine, so I never got around to playing it again.

If the remake comes here, I may just pick it up.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hide contents

That ending creeped the hell out of me, and I was stuck in complete 'What' moment.

It was actually cool !

I was thinking of Fates a little and imagining if it had been done like Radiant Historia (Lilth and Azura give you the ability to traverse time and space at the moment you decide your route. You then alternate between BR and CQ, and then gradually you come to realize you shouldn't have sided with either to fight Anankos and end up going back to create Rev.. Only to get stuck there eventually and force you to finish BR and CQ before at last vanquishing Anankos.)

And then I decided on having a little-not-so-creative funsies:

Introducing Radiant Fateoria: A Parody 

Starring: (Cast is currently pending)

Spoiler

Corrin, as Stocke: 

“I’m a special services agent who travels across time? Cool! Heiss seems like such a nice guy!”

Camilla, as Queen Protea, and Azura as Princess Eruca:

Azura: “Mooooth-ther-er who I do lovest so, when can I per-form The Rit-u-al?”

Camilla: “Don’t sing to me about that again my step-darling. Find your missing brother Ernst. Everybody, keep looking! I don’t care how many years it’s been, look harder! No complaining! Now somebody, go prepare my golden bathtub and fill it with all the people I’ve had surgically altered to look just like Ernst!”

Mitama and Azama as Raynie and Marco.

Mitama: Yawnnn.

Mage is my new role.

With Thunder, Fire, Ice, I

Destroy! … When awake.

Azama: You killed Setsuna Corrin! Oh, she’s supposed to be called Mimel and Corrin Stocke? Not that I care- about Setsuna that is. This Mimel seems nice, I guess I’ll kill this Stocke for her. And oh yeah Corrin, I replaced my prop sword with a real one when no one was looking, hope you don’t mind.

Odin as Rosch and Ophelia as Sonja:

Odin: “I get a giant robot arm? Sweet! Evil beware, Odin Dark Mark II is reborn!”

*Sword is being sharpened with a tourniquet nearby*

Odin: “Wait, I have to lose my current one? No!!!”

Ophelia: “But Daddy, it’d be so cool. Please hold still.”

Odin: “You’re right my dear, I’ll be strong. *gulp*”

Elise as Aht:

Elise: “Cute! I so gonna love this!”

Sakura as Gafka:

Sakura: “Um, why me for this role? And how long is it going to take to put all that costume hair on me?”

King Garon as Hugo:

Garon: “Prophet Noah this, Prophet Noah that. I’ll never show you him, he only talks to me- is that suspicious? I used to be a politician by the way. Do you know how often someone comes up to me and asks if I’m evil?”

Hinoka as the Prophet Noah:

Hinoka: “Where’s my script? -What do you mean there is no script!?!”

Xander and Flora as Dias and Selvan:

Xander: “We betray our Queen in one history? I do not approve!”

Flora: “And we burn our own country to the ground on the other.”

Xander: “Let me see about that… Well the Queen asks for us to do it, so it’s fine by me.”

Asugi as Heiss:

Asugi: “Why do I have to play the old bad guy? You wanted a ninja? Why not my dad? You'll pay me in exquisitely light and fluffy pastries? Won't object to that, now where's the ugly makeup?”

Mikoto as King Victor:

Mikoto: *Silently does dark stuff while wearing a hoodie with a floating black book over and behind her head.*

Forrest as Viola:

Forrest: “I don’t like to fight, even when acting. And why am I being cast in a female’s role? Oh, and I have a condition? What exactly is it? *Whispers* I am not okay with that, that’s downright offensive!”

Ryoma as Raul:

Ryoma: “My overall strategy? We charge straight into the heart of the enemy. I’ll even go ahead of all of you, don’t lose track of me!”

Izana as Garland:

Izana: “I’m the ruler of a desert kingdom that’s neutral in a war between Granorg and Alistel? Party at my oasis!”

Laslow and Selkie as Vanoss and Liese:

Laslow: “I get to spend all my time performing and sleeping with a woman who I don’t actually have to marry? Sign me up!”

Selkie: “Do I approve of interracial romance? Sure, I love playing with balls.”

Arthur as Kiel:

Arthur: “I’m a young aspiring hero of justice? Excellent, justice always wins! Wait, I die? Just my luck. Is it too late to back out? No? Well I’m sure I’ll come back in the end!? …Right? …Please tell me I do.”

Gunter as The Master:

Gunter: “I’m the superboss? Fine, I’ll whip Stocke, Aht, and Eruca into shape. As compensation for my acting, I want to keep the giant spider treehouse. It’s being replaced with Anankos? Is there a difference?”

And lastly,

Takumi and Leo as Lippti and Teo:

Takumi: “Wait, one of these costumes…”

Leo: “is a dress.”

L & T Simultaneously: “I’m not wearing it!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer