Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition!!!![WIP]

Armaada J

10 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Then what about Horseslayers and Wyrmslayers? Same deals?

Also:

Rapier: A move learned early by Marth. Has both Horse and Armor effectiveness.

Wolf Beil: Hector's Rapier equivalent.

Reginleif: Ephraim's Rapier equivalent.

Falchion: Marth's best ability. Weak, compared to the other ultimate moves, but more accurate, and effective against Dragons.

Armands: Hector's strongest ability. Crazy strong, but a bit inaccurate. Also Dragon-effective. Buffs Defense after use.

Seigmund: Ephraim's strongest ability. The in-between: stronger than Falchion but not as accurate, more accurate than Armands but not as strong. Buffs Attack after use.

Rapier could be Awakening Falchion (Effective against Dragon ) ,his strongest ability could be the Exalted Falchion ( Effective against Dragon and Wyvern ) ,Rapier could be the early move of the Sword Lords 

( Eevee Donnel is real ,Master of Arms Donnel is Real ) 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, the results of the survey are as follows:

1. Donnel will be this hack's Magikarp replacement. 
  2. Mozu and Kliff were tied for the role of Eevee for the majority of the vote, but Mozu won with a single vote. Since this is hardly conclusive, there will be a tie breaker vote in the next survey.
  3. The Trinity of Magic will be present in this game.
  4. The majority of voters were indifferent to the addition of non-manakete dragons, so I will keep open the possibility of adding them, but they may not end up being necessary.
  5. You all were pretty split between wanting Laguz and being indifferent to them. So they'll be in the hack.

The next survey will focus on the type advantages and disadvantages present in the hack. Once again, thank you all for you support thus far!

Thanks. In move-related new: Have some... Staff-attribute moves? Okay, how will Staves work?

Heal: Heals (Special Attack/2+10) HP. Usable on out-of-battle Einherjar, in the field, or on partner in a double battle, but cannot be used on the Einharjar with this move.

Mend: Heals (Special Attack/2+30) HP.

Restore: Cures status ailments.

Silence: Inflicts Silence on an enemy, preventing the usage of Fire, Wind, Thunder, Light, Dark and Staff-attribute attacks.

Berserk: Inflicts Berserk, making the enemy hit their partner in double battles and themselves in single ones.

Sleep: Inflicts... Sleep.

10 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Thanks. In move-related new: Have some... Staff-attribute moves? Okay, how will Staves work?

I thought about having staff type moves, but I was also thinking about just having them as Light magic type moves. Not sure it really matters since they wouldn't be doing damage to anyone. 

This will be in the next survey but I'll just get your thoughts anyway, do you think that within the Anima->Light->Dark->Anima triangle, Anima should be further split into wind,fire,and thunder?

Yes. All Mage-types can use all three:

The Wind line has priority boosts (not "guaranteed first attack", but it's more likely that they'll go first) and higher accuracy, but it's weaker and has the lowest Crit rate.

Thunder has lower priority (again, not "always goes last", but more likely too) and accuracy, but it's strongest and has the highest crit rate.

Fire's the in-between.

Light and Dark can have more unique effects (Nosferatu, Mire, etc.)

6 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Yes. All Mage-types can use all three:

The Wind line has priority boosts (not "guaranteed first attack", but it's more likely that they'll go first) and higher accuracy, but it's weaker and has the lowest Crit rate.

Thunder has lower priority (again, not "always goes last", but more likely too) and accuracy, but it's strongest and has the highest crit rate.

Fire's the in-between.

Light and Dark can have more unique effects (Nosferatu, Mire, etc.)

Do you think having too many types would be an issue?

Sword

Lance

Axe

Bow

Horse

Armor

Flying

Dragon

Fire

Wind

Lightning

Light

Dark

It's less than actual Pokemon's types at this point, at least.

Edited by Corrobin

So you have twelve there, 13 in total since Laguz will be in the game. So I guess that's not too bad. Also I've been doing some research and it turns out that I can create new move effects by hex editing and combining/altering existing move effects, so that opens up some possibilities. But since I'm inexperienced with that we'll have to see how it goes.

Good on you!

Trample: Horse-element move, deals damage with a chance to flinch

Piercing Dive: Flying move learned by Pegasuses.

Crushing Dive: Flying move learned by Wyverns.

Claw Strike: Dragon move learned by Wyverns.

Blazing Breath: Young!Tiki's Dragon-element attack.

Freezing Breath: Fae's Dragon-element attack.

Tempest Breath: Myrrh's Dragon-element attack.

8 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Sword

Lance

Axe

Bow

Horse

Flying

Dragon

Fire

Wind

Lightning

Light

Dark

It's less than actual Pokemon's types at this point, at least.

Armor could enter in the list

1 minute ago, Donnell said:

And Hidden Weapons/Dagger/Knife and Dancer/Singer ,i forgotten 

I completely forgot! Yes I do plan on having Armor in there. So that's 14 types. I wasn't originally planning on having knives in there. Is it a big deal if it isn't?

Just now, Forged Thoron said:

I completely forgot! Yes I do plan on having Armor in there. So that's 14 types. I wasn't originally planning on having knives in there. Is it a big deal if it isn't?

It's okay. What about Dancer? 

1 minute ago, Forged Thoron said:

Hidden Weapons and Knifes form a Triangle in Fates ,they will help to determine the Weakness Chart

9 minutes ago, Donnell said:

Hidden Weapons and Knifes form a Triangle in Fates ,they will help to determine the Weakness Chart

Hmmm...I may play around with that. You make a good point about it helping determine the weakness chart. I mentioned it before but I'll say it here, I'm taking some liberties with the weakness chart, so while it won't be exactly like any of the in game ones, I'll still try to make it interesting and balanced.

Speaking of... what will Thieves do, aside from "Have move that steals held item"?

...now that I think about it, we need some held items as well.

Just now, Corrobin said:

Speaking of... what will Thieves do, aside from "Have move that steals held item"?

...now that I think about it, we need some held items as well.

Like : 

Pursuit Ring : Boost the Attack and Speed  if held by Arden

Life Ring : Recover the HP per turn , the HP recovered is doubled if held by Seliph 

Goddess Ring : Increases the chance of Critical 

Some of my held item ideas are items that increase various stats(+atk, +spd, +def, etc) and items that affect moves(pokemon example: black glasses). 

Thieves will be similar to the ninjas in fates. 

Some extra types could be used for Armorslayers, Wyrm slayers etc. You could have a wyrmslayer type, no actual unit would have it but it would be the type used for the Wyrmslayer move. Same for armour slayer and Beast slayer. Different units of the same class could get access to different moves, like Sumia could get the heavy spear while Florina gets the beast killer. I think the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald weapons from heroes (And a lot of new weapons from heroes) would be good inclusions.

1 hour ago, AFI said:

Some extra types could be used for Armorslayers, Wyrm slayers etc. You could have a wyrmslayer type, no actual unit would have it but it would be the type used for the Wyrmslayer move. Same for armour slayer and Beast slayer. Different units of the same class could get access to different moves, like Sumia could get the heavy spear while Florina gets the beast killer. I think the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald weapons from heroes (And a lot of new weapons from heroes) would be good inclusions.

I appreciate the suggestion. While this exact solution has crossed my mind, I'm not sure that it would be great for game balance. It is definitely possible to do that though.

Lanceslayer: An Axe-attribute attack learned by Sword units.

Axeslayer: A Sword-attribute attack learned by Lance units.

Swordslayer: A Lance-attribute attack learned by Axe units.

14 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Lanceslayer: An Axe-attribute attack learned by Sword units.

Axeslayer: A Sword-attribute attack learned by Lance units.

Swordslayer: A Lance-attribute attack learned by Axe units.

I'm glad you thought of this. I was also considering these ideas,  what do you think:

• Wind Edge: Wind Magic learned by sword units
  • Bolt Axe: Thunder Magic learned by axe units
  • Flame Lance: Fire magic learned by lance units
Edited by Armaada J