Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition!!!![WIP]

Armaada J

5 hours ago, Armaada J said:

I'm glad you thought of this. I was also considering these ideas,  what do you think:

• Wind Edge: Light Magic learned by sword units
  • Bolt Axe: Thunder Magic learned by axe units
  • Flame Lance: Fire magic learned by lance units

Wind Blade Light Magic ? 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, here's ANOTHER survey!

People: "Armaada J why do you have so many polls?" 

Because IIII''MMMM INDECISIVE!!! :D Anyway, this survey is about a couple of things for the type chart, and the tiebreaker to see who becomes the hack's Eevee-esque.

https://goo.gl/forms/WjpMnFGrmEWTMBf63

23 minutes ago, Armaada J said:

Ok guys, here's ANOTHER survey!

People: "Armaada J why do you have so many polls?" 

Because IIII''MMMM INDECISIVE!!! :D Anyway, this survey is about a couple of things for the type chart, and the tiebreaker to see who becomes the hack's Eevee-esque.

https://goo.gl/forms/WjpMnFGrmEWTMBf63

First time posting in this thread though I was following it from the start. Pokemon + FE is a great idea, looking forward to play it.

But how is the 3rd question an yes no question? I want Beast type.

27 minutes ago, ranger016 said:

First time posting in this thread though I was following it from the start. Pokemon + FE is a great idea, looking forward to play it.

But how is the 3rd question an yes no question? I want Beast type.

Yeah I threw that out when I realized that late-night Armaada J can't english good. But Beast type is probably gonna happen anyway because it's easier and more efficient for me.

Survey results: First off, Kilff beat Mozu by an EXTREMELY narrow margin to become our new Eevee!! SoV hype represent!!! Also, Anima will be split into fire, thunder, and wind. I know I screwed up the question, but I am going to combine "mounted" and "laguz" types into "Beast" type in order to streamline the weapon chart. I think we are quickly approaching the point in the process when I can begin putting together the first real draft of the dex.

9 hours ago, Armaada J said:

Survey results: First off, Kilff beat Mozu by an EXTREMELY narrow margin to become our new Eevee!! SoV hype represent!!! Also, Anima will be split into fire, thunder, and wind. I know I screwed up the question, but I am going to combine "mounted" and "laguz" types into "Beast" type in order to streamline the weapon chart. I think we are quickly approaching the point in the process when I can begin putting together the first real draft of the dex.

Kliif has Five Options for evolution ,Stones coulde be the Promotion Item for some characters (Trainers maybe)  

Could be : 

Kliff (Hero Crest ) -----------> Mercenary Kliff(Lv 20 )  ------------- > Sword Master Kliff (Lv40 ) ---------> Dread Fighter Kliff

Kliff (Knight Crest ) -------- > Cavalier Kliff (Lv 20 ) ------------ > Paladin Kliff ( Lv 40 )  --------- > Gold Knight Kliff

Kliff (Guilding Ring ) -------- > Mage Kliff (Lv 30 ) ------------- > Sage Kliff

Kliff ( Orion Bolt ) ------- > Archer Kliff ( Lv 20 )  ----------- > Sniper Kliff (Lv 40 ) --------- > Forrest Knight Kliff

Kliff ( Heart Seal ) ------- > Soldier Kliff (Lv 20 ) ----------- > Knight Kliff (Lv 40 ) ---------- > Baron Kliff 

58 minutes ago, Donnell said:

Kliif has Five Options for evolution ,Stones coulde be the Promotion Item for some characters (Trainers maybe)  

Could be : 

Kliff (Hero Crest ) -----------> Mercenary Kliff(Lv 20 )  ------------- > Sword Master Kliff (Lv40 ) ---------> Dread Fighter Kliff

Kliff (Knight Crest ) -------- > Cavalier Kliff (Lv 20 ) ------------ > Paladin Kliff ( Lv 40 )  --------- > Gold Knight Kliff

Kliff (Guilding Ring ) -------- > Mage Kliff (Lv 30 ) ------------- > Sage Kliff

Kliff ( Orion Bolt ) ------- > Archer Kliff ( Lv 20 )  ----------- > Sniper Kliff (Lv 40 ) --------- > Forrest Knight Kliff

Kliff ( Heart Seal ) ------- > Soldier Kliff (Lv 20 ) ----------- > Knight Kliff (Lv 40 ) ---------- > Baron Kliff 

I don't think Kliff will get that many evos, for balance reasons. The majority of units will only have one promotion. If any of Kliff's possible promotions do end up promoting, he will have fewer options. I don't want too many characters to have multiple promotions because I want guys with only one or no promotion to still be viable.

Holy crap I just had a fantastic idea!!! What if I put Devdan and Danved in the game as separate characters?! And they could have nearly identical move sets. Is that lame?

12 minutes ago, Armaada J said:

Holy crap I just had a fantastic idea!!! What if I put Devdan and Danved in the game as separate characters?! And they could have nearly identical move sets. Is that lame?

That would be great!

34 minutes ago, Armaada J said:

More Halberdiers always is a good idea  

Soooooo I've been brainstorming characters and I checked and apparently I accidentally compiled a list of 237 individual characters (I wasn't even counting evolutions yet!) So I'm going to transfer the list of a google doc and maybe you guys can look at it and tell me who you DON'T want to see in the hack? The largest dex I'd feel comfortable having (not because I'm limited but because balance) is 140-151, so we'd have to cut the list down to about 100 to make room for evolutions I think. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Armaada J said:

Soooooo I've been brainstorming characters and I checked and apparently I accidentally compiled a list of 237 individual characters (I wasn't even counting evolutions yet!) So I'm going to transfer the list of a google doc and maybe you guys can look at it and tell me who you DON'T want to see in the hack? The largest dex I'd feel comfortable having (not because I'm limited but because balance) is 140-151, so we'd have to cut the list down to about 100 to make room for evolutions I think. Thoughts?

For all  the Fire Emblem Games ? 

Gheb ,Oliver ,Moulder ,Wendell and Arden HAVE to be in this list 

4 minutes ago, Donnell said:

For all  the Fire Emblem Games ? 

Gheb ,Oliver ,Moulder ,Wendell and Arden HAVE to be in this list 

Of course how could I forget the best units in the series?

I'd like every game in the series to have at least SOME representation, even if it's just the lords. So hopefully y'all can rule out some less desirable units for me.

Ok everyone Im adding my list of brainstormed characters. As I said, I got overzealous and listed too many characters. If everyone could let me know which characters on this list should NOT be in the hack that would be very helpful. Also, if there's a character you want that isn't on here, then I may add them depending on how many characters I remove, but no promises. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ERfmR_E4M66d57cRUzvjK_HVNtkFPYVI3VOXVsnUFbg/edit?usp=sharing

13 hours ago, Armaada J said:

Ok everyone Im adding my list of brainstormed characters. As I said, I got overzealous and listed too many characters. If everyone could let me know which characters on this list should NOT be in the hack that would be very helpful. Also, if there's a character you want that isn't on here, then I may add them depending on how many characters I remove, but no promises. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ERfmR_E4M66d57cRUzvjK_HVNtkFPYVI3VOXVsnUFbg/edit?usp=sharing

Names are taken from Serenes Forest so they might be a bit confusing.

> Remove [Add removed ones as NPCs maybe]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

Bantu, Bord, Cord, Wrys, Draug

[FE 4/5]

Noish, Alec

[FE 6/7]

Fiora, Florina / Farina [either one], Lucius, Dorcas, Serra, Fae, Jahn, Nils / Ninian [either one]

[FE8]

Vanessa, Neimi, Colm, Natalie [you mean Natasha?], Rennac

> Add [Either as pokemon or random npcs / trainers]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

Wolf, Sedgar, Nagi [maybe a split evo for tiki]

[FE 4/5]

Cuan, Sety, Fin, Manfroy

[FE 6/7]

Lloyd, Linus, Ephidel, Percival, Hugh, Rutger, Legault, Harken, Allen, Lance, Dieck

[FE8]

Marisa, Knoll

** May be add others as npc characters [gym leaders, proffessor, bill, other npc characters, random trainers]

> NPC [others I like but can't include]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

MU from FE12, Luke, Rody, Ryan, Julian, Yumina, Yubello, Barst, Frey, Etzel,

Ellerean, Jake, Robert, Belf, Leiden, Elice, Gotoh

[FE 4/5]

Ethlin, Levin, Othin, Halvan, Evayle, Asvel, Ayra, Shanan, Galzus

[FE 6/7]

Merlinus, Saul, Zealot, Gonzales, Echidna, Elphin, Miledy, Cecilia, Igrene,  Zeiss,

Douglas, Niime, Yodel, Narshen, Gale, Brunya, Murdoch, Guinevere, Heath,

Renault, Athos, Karla, Kishuna, Bramimond, Limstella

[FE8]

Natasha, Orson, Ismaire, Carlyle, Morva

** Never played FE 2,9,10,13,14 so I don't know about them.

I know there are still a lot of characters left but I couldn't remove them, sorry.

Edit - Removed Arden and Gheb from the remove part. Changed a few characters.

Edited by ranger016

56 minutes ago, ranger016 said:

Names are taken from Serenes Forest so they might be a bit confusing.

> Remove [Add removed ones as NPCs maybe]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

Bantu, Bord, Cord, Wrys, Draug, 

[FE 4/5]

Arden [maybe add as an npc], 

[FE 6/7]

Fiora, Florina / Farina [either one], Lucius, Dorcas, Serra, Fae, Jahn,

[FE8]

Vanessa, Neimi, Colm, Natalie [you mean Natasha?], Rennac, Gheb [he must be why the dex became so large]

> Add [Either as pokemon or random npcs / trainers]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

Wolf, Sedgar, Nagi [maybe a split evo for tiki], 

[FE 4/5]

Sety, Fin, Manfroy

[FE 6/7]

Lloyd, Linus, Ephidel, Percival, Hugh, Rutger, Legault, Harken, Allen, Lance, Dieck

[FE8]

Natasha, Marisa, Knoll

** May be add others as npc characters [gym leaders, proffessor, bill, other npc characters, random trainers]

> NPC [others I like but can't include]:

[FE1/3/11/12]

MU from FE12, Luke, Rody, Ryan, Julian, Yumina, Yubello, Barst, Frey, Etzel,

Ellerean, Jake, Robert, Belf, Leiden, Elice, Gotoh

[FE 4/5]

Cuan, Ethlin, Levin, Othin, Halvan, Evayle, Asvel, Ayra, Shanan, Galzus

[FE 6/7]

Merlinus, Saul, Zealot, Gonzales, Echidna, Elphin, Miledy, Cecilia, Igrene,  Zeiss,

Douglas, Niime, Yodel, Narshen, Gale, Brunya, Murdoch, Guinevere, Heath,

Renault, Athos, Karla, Kishuna, Bramimond, Limstella

[FE8]

Orson, Ismaire, Carlyle, Morva

** Never played FE 2,9,10,13,14 so I don't know about them.

I know there are still a lot of characters left but I couldn't remove them, sorry.

Please ,don't remove Arden and Gheb ,for the meme :(:

remove : 

FE1/3/11/12

Bantu : He's in the same game that Tiki and Nagi ,he is redundant (He can be a NPC that give Tiki to you )

Nyna : She don't is more a support character that a battle one , she can be a Move Tutor for characters learn '' Parthia '' ,'' Mercurius'' and '' Gradivus '' 

FE4/5 :

Remove : 

Deirdre :She is the worst playable character in this game ,she can be a Move Tutor that give '' Book of Naga '' for Julia and '' Renewal '' for Seliph 

Noish : He as only three conversations in the game ,you have much more important Red Cavalier in the game 

Alec : I like him  , but FE4 has some others characters more important 

Suggestions to Add :

Julius and Julia : They are one of the most important characters in the second generation ,and interesting ones

Manfroy : Arguably the main villain of the game ,and in my opinion ,the best character of the Garnef Archetype 

Quan : This list have Travant ,but don't have Quan ? ,He is Sigurd best friend ,and father of the protagonist of FE5 

Shannan , Ishtar , Lewyn , Faval , Claud , Langbalt,Othin  : Only for the Holy Weapons and Crusaders representation(and for Pugi ) 

Fin : Fin is the Only characters that is playable in ALL generations of  the Game ,he is playable in Generation I of FE4 ,in Generation II of FE4 and appeared in FE5 ,he deserves a chance 

FE 6/7

Remove : 

Nils : He is a important characters ,but he and Ninian makes the same thing ,he can be a NPC or a Dragon/Wyvern Gym Leader

Farina : Too much pegasi ,she only appearances in Hector Mode and she joins you party if you pay 

Add : 

Athos and Brammimond : They are the Living Legends ,they can be interesting characters 

FE8 :

Rennac : The only thing that he does is give you the Member Card

Kyle : Much Cavaliers ,i like him ,but i like Franz and Forde more

Vanessa : Only for reduces the dex

Natalie/Natasha : I like her ,but Moulder is better 

Garcia 

FE13 :

Robin(M)/Robin(F) : They are exactly the same character ,make a survey to decide who is present in the game

Priam : He is a interesting character ,but only recruited prior the final chapter and i think he is not necessary 

Add : 

Tharja ,Cordelia ,Gaius

FE14 :

Corrin(M)/Corrin (F) : Same motive that Robin

Gunter : Maybe as a NPC/Gym Leader

Fuuga

* FE9 and FE10 have much more characters that the others ,i don't played the games

Edited by Donnell

59 minutes ago, Donnell said:

Please ,don't remove Arden and Gheb ,for the meme :(:

remove : 

FE1/3/11/12

Bantu : He's in the same game that Tiki and Nagi ,he is redundant (He can be a NPC that give Tiki to you )

Nyna : She don't is more a support character that a battle one , she can be a Move Tutor for characters learn '' Parthia '' ,'' Mercurius'' and '' Gradivus '' 

FE4/5 :

Remove : 

Deirdre :She is the worst playable character in this game ,she can be a Move Tutor that give '' Book of Naga '' for Julia and '' Renewal '' for Seliph 

Noish : He as only three conversations in the game ,you have much more important Red Cavalier in the game 

Alec : I like him  , but FE4 has some others characters more important 

Suggestions to Add :

Julius and Julia : They are one of the most important characters in the second generation ,and interesting ones

Manfroy : Arguably the main villain of the game ,and in my opinion ,the best character of the Garnef Archetype 

Quan : This list have Travant ,but don't have Quan ? ,He is Sigurd best friend ,and father of the protagonist of FE5 

Shannan , Ishtar , Lewyn , Faval , Claud , Langbalt,Othin  : Only for the Holy Weapons and Crusaders representation(and for Pugi ) 

Fin : Fin is the Only characters that is playable in ALL generations of  the Game ,he is playable in Generation I of FE4 ,in Generation II of FE4 and appeared in FE5 ,he deserves a chance 

FE 6/7

Remove : 

Nils : He is a important characters ,but he and Ninian makes the same thing ,he can be a NPC or a Dragon/Wyvern Gym Leader

Farina : Too much pegasi ,she only appearances in Hector Mode and she joins you party if you pay 

Add : 

Athos and Brammimond : They are the Living Legends ,they can be interesting characters 

FE8 :

Rennac : The only thing that he does is give you the Member Card

Kyle : Much Cavaliers ,i like him ,but i like Franz and Forde more

Vanessa : Only for reduces the dex

Natalie/Natasha : I like her ,but Moulder is better 

Garcia 

FE13 :

Robin(M)/Robin(F) : They are exactly the same character ,make a survey to decide who is present in the game

Priam : He is a interesting character ,but only recruited prior the final chapter and i think he is not necessary 

Add : 

Tharja ,Cordelia ,Gaius

FE14 :

Corrin(M)/Corrin (F) : Same motive that Robin

Gunter : Maybe as a NPC/Gym Leader

Fuuga

* FE9 and FE10 have much more characters that the others ,i don't played the games

Fine, edited the list.

On 24/03/2017 at 2:06 AM, Armaada J said:

It has been determined that the starters will be Marth, Ephraim, and Hector!!!!

F***. How am I supposed to choose between Ephraim and Hector?? Will we still be able to catch(recruit) the other starters?

15 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

F***. How am I supposed to choose between Ephraim and Hector?? Will we still be able to catch(recruit) the other starters?

You don't have to choice between Ephraim and Hector if you pick Marth 

So I've been able to thin out the cast a bit, but clearly the main issue here is the sheer number of Tellius characters. I've got it down to 48 of the and that number needs to be much closer to 30. I know the people who've commented so far say they haven't played the games, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Once I've got that taken care of I can see about adding any characters that you've suggested, as well as figuring out moves. Those are really the last things to do as far as concept goes, imo. 

Also I feel that it's worth mentioning that I am using my free time (which is hard to find nowadays) to practice with the Pokemon hacking tools so that I can actually begin hacking at some point. At some point I may release a "proof of concept" video that shows that I'm actually capable of making this and am not just wasting everyone's time with this thread.