Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition!!!![WIP]

Armaada J

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys at this point I'm only gonna accept removal suggestions for FE9/10, since it currently has way more characters than any other game. I won't do the add suggestions until then.

3 hours ago, Armaada J said:

Alright guys at this point I'm only gonna accept removal suggestions for FE9/10, since it currently has way more characters than any other game. I won't do the add suggestions until then.

I don't played the game ,but there is characters that could be removed 

FE9/10 -

Tormod 

Astrid 

Gatrie 

Shinon 

Illyana

Leanne/Reyson 

Jill/Haar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ERfmR_E4M66d57cRUzvjK_HVNtkFPYVI3VOXVsnUFbg/edit?usp=sharing

This is where I am now. I'd be comfortable with the final hack even having 151-200 characters, but this list doesn't account for evolutions. Aside from the starters, most characters will only promote once, if they do at all. So if we can get the list down to the 70-80 range we'll be set. 

12 hours ago, Armaada J said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ERfmR_E4M66d57cRUzvjK_HVNtkFPYVI3VOXVsnUFbg/edit?usp=sharing

This is where I am now. I'd be comfortable with the final hack even having 151-200 characters, but this list doesn't account for evolutions. Aside from the starters, most characters will only promote once, if they do at all. So if we can get the list down to the 70-80 range we'll be set. 

These list counts NPC ,Trainers ,Gym Leader and Elite Four ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14pocqPOEZqtefnxTWCsF9II9CR5br4CogcvsAGqW7EU/edit?usp=sharing

How does this look so far? It's been narrowed down quite a bit. Don't worry if a character you wanted originally was removed; they may appear as an npc. The goal number is 77-80 characters on this list, which will give enough room for evolutions and/or legendaries(which will likely be main antagonists). So if there is anyone on this list who you think works better as an npc or trainer, let me know. 

1 hour ago, Armaada J said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14pocqPOEZqtefnxTWCsF9II9CR5br4CogcvsAGqW7EU/edit?usp=sharing

How does this look so far? It's been narrowed down quite a bit. Don't worry if a character you wanted originally was removed; they may appear as an npc. The goal number is 77-80 characters on this list, which will give enough room for evolutions and/or legendaries(which will likely be main antagonists). So if there is anyone on this list who you think works better as an npc or trainer, let me know. 

Pre-Promote characters will have a evolution ? If No , 90 - 100 is a good number in this list 

1 hour ago, Donnell said:

Pre-Promote characters will have a evolution ? If No , 90 - 100 is a good number in this list 

Hopefully you're right. I was going to give Karel and Marcus evos, but if they take up too much room I won't. Hopefully I can get the list down to that range, since I'd have to remove 30 characters as it is.

Edited by Armaada J

Ability:

Great Shield: Level/3% Chance to act as if your Defense/Special Defense was twice as much as it actually is.

Hopefully you're right. I was going to give Karel and Marcus evos, but if they take up too much room I won't. Hopefully I can get the list down to that range, since I'd have to remove 30 characters as it is.

It's best to decide the evolution of the caracters and see the total numbers  of Eirherjar (The Dex with evolution ) 

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Ability:

Great Shield: Level/3% Chance to act as if your Defense/Special Defense was twice as much as it actually is.

Great Shield could be a renamed Protect/Iron Defense  only learned be Armor ,i'm not a Pokemon programmer ,but i think a ability like this is hard to put in the game 

So I forgot to mention this but Leif will be this hack's equivalent of the Dragonite line. Also tomorrow I will post a Dex list of about 190-ish characters (including evolutions). If you guys think there's a character or evolution that is unnecessary please let me know. Even though I could have more than 151 pokemon, I'd really prefer not to since my hacking-knowledge is still beginner level.

Edited by Armaada J

36 minutes ago, Armaada J said:

So I forgot to mention this but Leif will be this hack's equivalent of the Dragonite line. Also tomorrow I will post a Dex list of about 190-ish characters (including evolutions). If you guys think there's a character or evolution that is unnecessary please let me know. Even though I could have more than 151 pokemon, I'd really prefer not to since my hacking-knowledge is still beginner level.

The 151 Pokemon thing is to substitute the Pokemon of the dex ? 

1 minute ago, Armaada J said:

Yes basically.

I Firered we have some Pokemon for other generation (Second and Third Generations ) , so you will delete this Pokemon ?

7 hours ago, Donnell said:

I Firered we have some Pokemon for other generation (Second and Third Generations ) , so you will delete this Pokemon ?

The thing is I can have more than 151 pokemon in the game, but I'm a beginner so I'm trying to take it slow. What I'll probably end up doing is have a list of all the characters I'm putting in the game but they won't all be in at once. I'll add them as development goes on.

Without forde, I think Franz can also go for FE8

As for PoR/RD, We can get rid of Kieran and Zihark, perhaps.

Awakening could do without Inigo, Owain, and Severa. (I think we should add Sumia purely for the reason that she's Chrom's canon wife. And I'm only suggesting an addition because the awakening cast is small as-is.)

Also, if we're getting rid of Fates' retainers, Arthur and Effie should go.

OK guys, after much thought and deliberation I decided that rather than compromise on characters that I want to be in the game, I would just go a bit above 151 and try to manage it. So, here is the first full draft of the Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition (Working title) Dex, with 185 characters!!!! (Including evolutions and legendaries).

One thing you may notice right away is the lack of typings and evolution methods. That's because I don't plan on releasing all of them at once. I'll release a few here and there as development goes on, but I can't spoil all of my surprises not can !? ;) Also, most of the evolutions for now are marked with numbers (so it goes like Marth->Marth 2->Marth 3) - I'll add names later.

OK guys, after much thought and deliberation I decided that rather than compromise on characters that I want to be in the game, I would just go a bit above 151 and try to manage it. So, here is the first full draft of the Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition (Working title) Dex, with 185 characters!!!! (Including evolutions and legendaries).

One thing you may notice right away is the lack of typings and evolution methods. That's because I don't plan on releasing all of them at once. I'll release a few here and there as development goes on, but I can't spoil all of my surprises not can !? ;) Also, most of the evolutions for now are marked with numbers (so it goes like Marth->Marth 2->Marth 3) - I'll add names later.

I like the dex ,i think Camus ---> Sirius is a bit unnecessary (Technically ,Sirius has worst bases that Boss Camus ) 

And Anankos will be in him human form or in him Dragon form ? 

2 hours ago, Donnell said:

I like the dex ,i think Camus ---> Sirius is a bit unnecessary (Technically ,Sirius has worst bases that Boss Camus ) 

And Anankos will be in him human form or in him Dragon form ? 

I didn't actually know that about Camus/Sirius, but I was actually considering removing him anyway.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am still going to be making edits tot his doc as I go along.

Edited by Armaada J

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to establish that this is still happening. I have about 4 weeks of school left, then I can actually put more time into making this. I've been learning to use the tools I'll need to make this hack, and I've made a few sprites for the game. Once I have made enough sprites, I will start actually putting them into the game. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have made enough progress to at least release a satisfactory beta. Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest and support in this project!

On 4/18/2017 at 11:41 AM, Sayyyaka said:

Glad to see Thracia and Binding Blade getting a good amount of representation.  

Joking aside, what do you plan on doing with trainers?  Just leave them be?

For now I won't be changing trainers, but on of the goals is to replace gym leaders with characters. Also, certain characters will be added as npcs

Hey everyone, I'm done with finals which means I actually have time to work on this now! Right now I'm working on editing sprites to put in the ROM(which range in quality from Okay to Terribad on account of me being a rookie). My first objective is to have everything up through the first gym completed by the end of June. I figure that's a decent amount of time for a first time hacker to get ~1/9 of the hack done.