Fire Emblem: Legacy of Fallen Stars

-Parzival-

Working on an FE fangame called Fire Emblem: Legacy of Fallen Stars. I made an r/fireemblem post about it which covers a lot, and the comments cover even more. Link

I'm posting it here as well because, although I'm more than happy with the amount of composers, mugspriters, writers, and programmers that have stepped up, there are still a few issues I need help with, and, of course, more publicity never helps.

First of all, what should I do for actual gameplay? I have this whole thing planned with a new skill system and branching classes and three tiers of promotion and all that, but...I can't do much of that with just simple romhack tools. Generally, would it be smarter to try to make a ton of new systems in a rom hack, or simply wait until FEXNA releases? I'd reccommend reading the entire thread above, or at least most of it, before commenting here as a lot of questions were answered there.