Custom Battle Animation Inserter

turtleofdoom

I am trying to use the Custom Battle Animation editor in Nightmare to insert a new battle sprite that uses swords and axes, and of course throwing axes. Firstly, I am using the 0xFFF830 pointer and assume this is free space. How do I set this up the Custom Battle Animation UI given that I need to setup animations for Sword, Axe, Hand Axe, Tomahawk, and Disarm animations (5 slots); however, the UI only provide 4 slots (see image below)? Do I need to use both FFF830 and FFF840 for this to work? If so, how does the class pointer know which animations to play?

CustomBattleAnimation.png.0c24da36ffe2dc87797eb976def3ee15.png

I've never used this in Nightmare, but it seems to be you could just add that 5th one on the next page. The delimiter (the thing that tells the game it's reached the end of the list) for this table is 3 0x00s in a row, I believe, so if the next entry begins at 0xFFF840, you should be fine. If you need to add another set of animations for a class, just make sure you skip a block.

10 hours ago, turtleofdoom said:

Do I need to use both FFF830 and FFF840 for this to work?

Yes

If so, how does the class pointer know which animations to play?

As Tequila said, 3 0x00s in a row ends the list. You could have 6 entries comprise a single class animation list. Until the game sees those 3 0x00s, it will keep reading.