You think Pirates should come back?

Harvey

Yeah, pirates should be readded, though I think they should be given some unique properties to better differentiate themselves from Fighters and Brigands. Maybe make their stats more similar to a knight and give them the innate ability to open locks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Changing these is quite simple. High Consitution/Above Average Defence and HP. O.K Resistance, and Speed. Trash Skill and Low Strength. There you can have multiple options until you find a completely new class within the stats

Berserker as its promotion kinda stops it from going with that kind of build though, since Berserker is typically a high attack, low defense class.

Again, give the Barbarian and Berserker the ability to walk on water/mountains, and have characters that use those classes be pirates and brigands/bandits in-story.

Make the next lord a grizzly pirate king fighting for the freedom of democracy.

On the people discussing the redundancy of pirates, you're missing the point of the class. It's not designed as a class for the player to use, they still give us pirates in a lot of the games just for kicks, but the actual idea of the class is to have slowly approaching reinforcements on the map that the player can see and stands as a threat to villages. You could potentially combine this class with bandits who do the same thing over mountains but then you're losing a fun aesthetic.

Edited by Jotari

While yeah some people seem to be using redundancy as a big stand alone reason not to have the class at all which I disagree with I don't think you can eliminate it as a factor. As I said earlier different games handle classes differently and I don't think that's an inherently bad thing. Some games don't use many classes primarily for flavour, especially if they can't fit them into their system. (Branched promotion, reclassing, third tiers, anything else I'm missing) Plus the flavour part of them isn't always appropriate to the setting anyway.

I do enjoy the concept of approaching pirates to villiages when it is in the games though. (But then I enjoy the concept of alot of things which aren't going to be in every game, though maybe I should reflect a bit on why my go to thought was giant spiders eating defenceless villagers) 

Edited by goodperson707

On 4/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, Jotari said:

Make the next lord a grizzly pirate king fighting for the freedom of democracy.

On the people discussing the redundancy of pirates, you're missing the point of the class. It's not designed as a class for the player to use, they still give us pirates in a lot of the games just for kicks, but the actual idea of the class is to have slowly approaching reinforcements on the map that the player can see and stands as a threat to villages. You could potentially combine this class with bandits who do the same thing over mountains but then you're losing a fun aesthetic.

THIS!!!!!! 

Not to mention the amount of other forms of tactics that pirates can do besides villages..like capturing certain weak units etc.