PSA FE Echoes Special Edition Preorders are up on Amazon

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Yeah, I was signed up for Amazon notifications and never got one either.

Amazon can't be trusted for these kind of things, I'm afraid... last year I never received my notification after Fates SE went up.

Which means I have to constantly refresh pages only to get a very small chance to grab one and this is ridiculous (I'm in Europe and there are no preorders yet).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I got mine right after it went up and I was optimistic that it would be at least a day after the first 10 minutes but geez, glad I saw it when I did, friggin' scalpers ruining these things for the rest of us, I wish that people wouldn't buy from them so that they could be 200 bucks in the hole like they deserve.

Thankfully I didn't get a repeat of the switch this time.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I was doing things with my dad when this went up, I am so mad I missed this but I should have known better then to trust Amazon to have it when I could order it.  My mom said she will stop by GS for me on her way home today and put $5 towards it if they still have preorders, here's hoping and if they do I will pay in full this Saturday to make sure I get it.  

part of the problem was that Amazon didn't have a 1 per customer on this edition

I wouldn't worry to much about buying one second hand, I expect it to at max reach $120 and it'll live at around $80-$100 on the second hand market for a while

Guys, instead of freaking out because preorders are no longer available online, I highly recommend checking out your local GameStop. Go there in-person. As a person who always does preorders in-person at GameStop, I've found that sometimes GameStops have preorders available even after online retailers say that they've run out of preorders.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Guys, instead of freaking out because preorders are no longer available online, I highly recommend checking out your local GameStop. Go there in-person. As a person who always does preorders in-person at GameStop, I've found that sometimes GameStops have preorders available even after online retailers say that they've run out of preorders.

listen to him, GS and other retailers are allocated so many copies, and a lot of people just don't bother going inside to check.

you also could preorder some of dem amiibas if you want to

Only reason I knew about the Limited Edition being available on Amazon was because I receive twitter notifications from two Nintendo based websites and they usually update when pre-orders go up on certain sites.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah this is a good backup, or heck even a good first option, my personal dislike of Gamestop aside, they are good with this stuff.

Yes GameStop might not be one's first choice to get games, but they tend to be good with having special editions or limited editions of games available for pre-order physically in-store. It might be a good idea to call your store ahead of time to avoid making a trip if they don't have them available.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah this is a good backup, or heck even a good first option, my personal dislike of Gamestop aside, they are good with this stuff.

This is literally HOW I got my copy this time around, lol. They sold out online so fast, no time for notifications to even be effective - especially with work.

The most prudent thing is to call (I know, scary right?) and ask if they are still taking pre-orders in store before you waste a trip.

@KazeNinja17'd

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

My GameStop ran out of the Fates Special Edition last year, so I'm wary about trusting them to have it.

I was able to reserve a copy in store at a Gamestop, so I recommend everyone calls their local GS.

I'm sad because I wanted the discount because I have Amazon Prime. Does anyone know if you can cancel/get refunded for your preorder at GS (in case Amazon does restock)?

Did this some hours ago, but I managed to reserve a copy in GameStop as well as the amiibos yesssssss

I was the only one to ask for it, everyone else there wanted a Switch

Edited by Reloaded

1 hour ago, Iris said:

I was able to reserve a copy in store at a Gamestop, so I recommend everyone calls their local GS.

I'm sad because I wanted the discount because I have Amazon Prime. Does anyone know if you can cancel/get refunded for your preorder at GS (in case Amazon does restock)?

You can cancel your pre-order, or just never pick it up, but I don't know if you'll get your $5 deposit back, probably not.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

You can cancel your pre-order, or just never pick it up, but I don't know if you'll get your $5 deposit back, probably not.

I know if you don't cancel it and don't pick it up, you don't get a refund on your $5 deposit. You're also charged a $5 restocking fee if you pre-order online and have it shipped to store (not an option for the Limited edition), though. I'm also pretty sure that GameStop might have you put down more than just $5 when it comes to limited/special editions. I think I had to put down $25 for the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE special edition.

Just now, KazeNinja17 said:

I know if you don't cancel it and don't pick it up, you don't get a refund on your $5 deposit. You're also charged a $5 restocking fee if you pre-order online and have it shipped to store (not an option for the Limited edition), though. I'm also pretty sure that GameStop might have you put down more than just $5 when it comes to limited/special editions. I think I had to put down $25 for the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE special edition.

It might be different for other stores, but mine has always been a flat $5, even for special editions.

Unrelated tangent.  I had Twilight Princess reserved for like 4 years.  I reserved it when it was announced, and then it got delayed multiple times.

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Does anyone know if the Alm and Celica amiibo 2 pack ever went up on amazon for preorder. Google is giving me no answers.

I receive tweet notifications from Nintendo Everything and Nintendo Wire and they usually post when pre-orders for anything Nintendo goes up for pre-orders. To my knowledge, they haven't tweeted anything about the Alm and Celica amiibo 2-pack going up for pre-order.