Themed Teams [Gimmick / for fun]

BANRYU

Amidst all the hardcore strats and optimization that's been going 'round I thought it might be fun to make a little nonsense thread for the express purpose of proposing team setups around a specific theme, effectiveness be damned.

So, for the sake of demonstration...

• Team Naga: Tiki (either), Julia, and 2 of Chrom / Marth / Lucina
  • Team Dark: any 4 of Leo, Tharja, Henry, Sophia, and Raigh
  • Team Plegia: m!Robin, f!Robin, Tharja, Henry
  • Team Vassal: Jakob, Felicia, Frederick, Cherche (Gunter could theoretically also work for this but IIRC he's more of a soldier/commander, whereas the other 4 all can perform servant or stewardship roles)
  • Team Nabata: Sophia, Hawkeye, Faye, Ninian

No rules really, but the more specific your theme and the easier it can be narrowed down to 4 characters, the better.

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:
  • Team Dark: any 4 of Leo, Tharja, Henry, Sophia, and Raigh

You misspelled Odin's name, 5 times. Just sayin

I'd run a Villains team, featuring Ursula/Narcian/Michalis/Zephiel

Cute dragon girls team:

Falchion won't save you this time

Tiki (Mystery)

• Lightning Breath+
  • Triangle Adept 3
  • Quick Riposte 3
  • Fortify Dragons

Nowi

• Lightning Breath+
  • Triangle Adept 3
  • Quick Riposte 3
  • Fortify Dragons

Ninian

• Light Breath+ / Lightning Breath+ / Dark Breath+
  • Dance
  • Triangle Adept 3
  • Wings of Mercy 3
  • Fortify Dragons

Fae

• Lightning Breath+
  • Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid
  • Triangle Adept 3
  • Quick Riposte 3 / Renewal 3
  • Fortify Dragons

Eventual teams I want to build include:

• Team Black Fang: Nino, Jaffar, Lloyd, Ursula 
  • Team Blazing: Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Ninian
  • Team Gauntlet: Lucina, Eirika, Ephraim, Chrom
  • The Meme Team: Nino, Ephraim, Takumi, Lute Wrys
  • The Whitewings: Catria, Est, Palla, Minerva
  • Parental Bonds: Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Lilina (maybe replace two with Chrom and Lucina)

I'm sure I could think of more given the time, but those are some off the top of my head

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You misspelled Odin's name, 5 times. Just sayin

I'd run a Villains team, featuring Ursula / Narcian / Michalis / Zephiel

talk to me when Odin starts using any Dark magic eh That does give me an idea, though

Team Exalted: Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Odin

Man it's too bad Silas isn't in or I could do 'team MC's best bro' consisting of him + Merric, Robin, and Hector lol

Well, I would like to do a "full archer team" with my Takumi and Jeorge, and if I got my hands on a Klein... and if they add Innes... But that probably will not be a good idea xD

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Well, I would like to do a "full archer team" with my Takumi and Jeorge, and if I got my hands on a Klein... and if they add Innes... But that probably will not be a good idea xD

I mean the point isn't necessarily to make a good team :P

I can't wait to have an Arena defense team of 4 Jaffars (or at least 4 ninjas) with Poison Strike and Savage Blow >:D Is it viable? Probably not. But it'll be fun for me at least. 

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

what, like 'archer nobility/royalty' type thing? That'd be pretty good haha.

@MaskedAmpharos I think the 'Blazing Parents' thing works heh. In addition to Chrom and Lucina don't forget there's also the parents of each of the Awakening trio in Fates haha. 

Team Crushin'-on-m'lord: Catria, Cordelia, Oboro, and Tharja (or... maybe Priscilla? eugh tho) ...say why aren't there any dudes with unrequited crushes? I smell sexism hmm

Team Edgelord: any comp of Jaffar, Raven, Leo, Takumi, Raigh, Karel, Saizo, and Beruka.... (but who are the edgiest...?? beyond the obvious winner of Jaffar it's tough to say...)

Team 'I'm not old I'm experienced': Jagen, Gunter, Bartre, Wrys

Team Cleavage: Tharja, Camilla, Ursula, Kagero

Female protagonists (any 4 of the following): Caeda, Julia, Lilina, Lyn, Eirika, female Robin, Lucina, female Corrin, Azura

Time Travelers: Lucina, Odin, Selena, Laslow

Mascots (any 4 of the following): Marth, Roy, Robin, Lucina, Chrom, Lyn, Corrin, Anna, young Tiki

Roy's Harem: Roy and any 3 of the following (Shanna, Lilina, Cecilia, Sophia) or Shanna, Lilina, Cecilia, and Sophia

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I can't wait to have an Arena defense team of 4 Jaffars (or at least 4 ninjas) with Poison Strike and Savage Blow >:D Is it viable? Probably not. But it'll be fun for me at least. 

Three dagger-users with Smoke Dagger+, Growing/Blazing Wind, Close Counter, Poison Strike, and Savage Blow and one with Poison Dagger+ (for Triangle Adept 3 Raven-users) would probably actually be viable.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Female protagonists (any 4 of the following): Caeda, Julia, Lilina, Lyn, Eirika, female Robin, Lucina, female Corrin, Azura

Actually, I could see this being split into two potential teams, 'female lords' with Lyn / Eirika / Robin / Corrin, and 'leading ladies' with Caeda / Julia / Lilina / Azura.

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@MaskedAmpharos I think the 'Blazing Parents' thing works heh. In addition to Chrom and Lucina don't forget there's also the parents of each of the Awakening trio in Fates haha. 

Team Crushin'-on-m'lord: Catria, Cordelia, Oboro, and Tharja (or... maybe Priscilla? eugh tho) ...say why aren't there any dudes with unrequited crushes? I smell sexism hmm

Team Edgelord: any comp of Jaffar, Raven, Leo, Takumi, Raigh, Karel, Saizo, and Beruka.... (but who are the edgiest...?? beyond the obvious winner of Jaffar it's tough to say...)

Team 'I'm not old I'm experienced': Jagen, Gunter, Bartre, Wrys

Team Cleavage: Tharja, Camilla, Ursula, Kagero

Oh yeah, I could make a team based off the Awakening trio (not sure who the fourth person would be though)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I could throw in Lucina for a time traveler team. Nice call @Roflolxp54

Team Edgelord sounds pretty great. Not sure who I'd go with actually (though probably not Beruka as she doesn't quite strike me as 'edgy' compared to the others)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three dagger-users with Smoke Dagger+, Growing/Blazing Wind, Close Counter, Poison Strike, and Savage Blow and one with Poison Dagger+ (for Triangle Adept 3 Raven-users) would probably actually be viable.

Oh my, you really thought this out. I'm actually excited to try this out (not that I'll ever get enough units for all this) :O

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh yeah, I could make a team based off the Awakening trio (not sure who the fourth person would be though)

Team Edgelord sounds pretty great. Not sure who I'd go with actually (though probably not Beruka as she doesn't quite strike me as 'edgy' compared to the others)

Oh my, you really thought this out. I'm actually excited to try this out (not that I'll ever get enough units for all this) :O

you kiddin'?? Beruka's whole 'I live only to assassinate. I have no emotion. I will kill any target, no matter how close to me' shpeal is edgy AF. If anything, I'd put her at 3rd most edgy behind Karel and Jaffar lol. 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Jaffar with Dragon Fang, Jaffar with Ignis, Jaffar with Glacies, and Jaffar with Vengeance. All with Deathly Dagger, Smite, Life and Death, and Savage Blow.

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

you kiddin'?? Beruka's whole 'I live only to assassinate. I have no emotion. I will kill any target, no matter how close to me' shpeal is edgy AF. If anything, I'd put her at 3rd most edgy behind Karel and Jaffar lol. 

I'm not sure how to word it exactly, but there's a subtle difference in my mind between "edgelord" and "emotionless killer". 

EDIT: The all-Jaffar team though. @Ice Dragon know what's up

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Female Crit Squad: Mia, Ayra, Marisa, and Lyn.

Bland Squad: Erk, Lex, Kent, and Cormag.

Enemies Turned Friends Squad: Every playable wyvern rider Cormag, Jill, Heath, and Haar.

Units of OPness Squad: Lewyn, Ayra, Sigurd (theme here?), and Ike.

Units that Are Actually in Heroes Squad: Julia, Ninian, Hector, Ephraim.

These are actually pretty fun to come up with even if they undoubtedly would be useless as actual teams.

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm not sure how to word it exactly, but there's a subtle difference in my mind between "edgelord" and "emotionless killer". 

to me, it's all about how goofy it is xD Beruka's thing is about as goofy to me as Karel's bloodlust because of how obsessively they both talk about it lol. But that's just me I guess.

If Beruka was ACTUALLY just an emotionless killer who didn't talk about being one all the time, I'd be able to buy her shtick a lot better... but as it is, she's like... so intent on proving it when all she has to show for it is her old master being killed that I have trouble actually believing it lol. Ergo, she's trying really hard to seem dark and cold-- that's super edgy. To me anyway haha.

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, BANRYU said:

to me, it's all about how goofy it is xD Beruka's thing is about as goofy to me as Karel's bloodlust because of how obsessively they both talk about it lol. But that's just me I guess.

If Beruka was ACTUALLY just an emotionless killer who didn't talk about being one all the time, I'd be able to buy her shtick a lot better... but as it is, she's like... so intent on proving it that I have trouble actually believing it lol. Ergo, she's trying really hard to seem dark and cold-- that's super edgy. To me anyway haha.

Ah okay I see what you're saying. I actually agree with you on the goofy/ridiculous aspect, which is ironically why I didn't think of Beruka. I feel like she comes across as a pretty silent and stoic character through the story, with most of the "obsessively talking about it" being in supports, which feels repetitive because with how the supports are structured, she's essentially saying the same thing "for the first time" to multiple different characters. So I still buy her being actually dark and cold.

Team (Potential Great-)Grandparents: Lissa, Cordelia, Olivia

Ninja Squad: Kagero, Saizo, any 2 other dagger users

Top 4 Ladies: Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Camilla

Edited by Roflolxp54

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ah okay I see what you're saying. I actually agree with you on the goofy/ridiculous aspect, which is ironically why I didn't think of Beruka. I feel like she comes across as a pretty silent and stoic character through the story, with most of the "obsessively talking about it" being in supports, which feels repetitive because with how the supports are structured, she's essentially saying the same thing "for the first time" to multiple different characters. So I still buy her being actually dark and cold.

Ahh I suppose you have a point there. Even so, I think the fact that she feels the need to share it with everyone she talks to is somewhat telling.... but perhaps I'm not giving her enough credit (I actually do like Beruka lol). 

In any case, I'm gonna do what I suggested to roflol and split team edgy into two teams: 

Team Edgelord: Jaffar, Karel, Beruka, Raigh / Leo

Team REVENNNNGE: Takumi, Saizo, Raven, Leo / Linde (lol)

Also

Team Country Bumpkin: Donnel, Rebecca, Barst, Stahl? (Nephenee would replace Stahl if she gets added)

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Team Country Bumpkin: Donnel, Rebecca, Barst, Stahl? (Nephenee would replace Stahl if when she gets added)

Fixed it for you. Don't you dare crush my dreams like that. Nephenee will be in this game. She will D:

21 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: The all-Jaffar team though. @Ice Dragon know what's up

I only need to summon the inner chuunibyou from my high school days.

I can only imagine the look on their face when someone actually runs into that team.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

----

Oh, I was just thinking because I like all of them haha, but yeah, that could be a better name for archer team

Just wait for Vanessa and Tate (or whatever her name is now in localization), then Vanessa, Tate and Oboro can be the "Holy Trinity of Lance girl have a crush on their lord and can success" , if we add Tharja, then they become the four girls with a cursh and success.

Well, Geoffrey have his crush on Elincia, but they are more canon I think... But in the other hand, you can choose to not do their support, and then it become unrequited