New Screenshots

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

This would actually be rather interesting. I hope this is the case rather then the possible Thracia version.

There are so few units in Gaiden, that I don't think they really COULD do a fatigue system like that.

Also, there is a village map - maybe you can walk around, with certain areas triggering scenes like this? I don't know if it's fair to just rule that out altogether at this point, even if it looks likely.

I just realized. The Illusory Hero artwork of Robin, Marth, and Roy are drawn by Hidari. I do hope/wish we'll get to see them with faces in some artwork, though. XD

33 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

There are so few units in Gaiden, that I don't think they really COULD do a fatigue system like that.

Also, there is a village map - maybe you can walk around, with certain areas triggering scenes like this? I don't know if it's fair to just rule that out altogether at this point, even if it looks likely.

I think that roaming the village would be amazing. However, on the map screen there are red dots on certain areas of the village, so it may just be multiple "stills" per village that can be teleported to through the map.

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

Is the fact that Faye can apparently become a Peg Knight already known? Because that immediately stuck out to me.

The Illusory Heroes look properly spooky given what they are, and Slayde looks like the third coming of glorious facial expressions, which were sadly missing from Fates.

Also more full-screen art is always great. I bet there's gonna be even more and it's got me hyped.

The slightly more in-depth look at the village gives us a solid idea of how these segments will end up working.

1 minute ago, Sonic Boom said:

The Marth spectre artwork looks suspiciously familiar.

Hide contents

17457807_10212549620002376_2764259160968

17308804_10212549621522414_2916710652835

Considering Gaiden was made pre-remake and pre-3, I'm not convinced this wasn't intentional.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the inspiration for the Illusory Marth artwork.

41 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So...there's going to be a phantom Marth at the same time that the real Marth is still living and breathing and between his own games, in the very same world? That's...a little odd to think about.

They were summoned from the Throne of Heroes which exists outside of time

53 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

So...there's going to be a phantom Marth at the same time that the real Marth is still living and breathing and between his own games, in the very same world? That's...a little odd to think about.

while that's a bit strange, i feel like it'd be much weirder if the actual marth just suddenly showed up in valentia, so I guess it makes enough sense for it to just be an "illusory hero"

1 hour ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

So this is the most interesting screenshot to me. Fatigue? Wasn't that a thing only in Thracia so far?  Also apparently provisions can cure it?

Screenshot from 2017-03-22 18-13-33.png

Fatigue?! Fatigue only worked in Thracia because you had a crap ton of units at your disposal. 

I am a little wary about this feature. Please may it not be a "needy" mechanic, PLEASE.

The phantoms are quite horrifying to be honest. 

Edited by Leif

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Wait, how did this person even get the screenshots? I doubt anyone has gotten the game this early and they don;t seem to be any kind of official person at a business (Unless I am wrong of coarse).

Exactly what I thought. The screenshots are obviously authentic, but the source doesn't seem to be official.

4 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Exactly what I thought. The screenshots are obviously authentic, but the source doesn't seem to be official.

They might've gotten it from nintendoeverything because the same screenshots are up there and that person might've just wanted to get the word out about them.

15 minutes ago, Leif said:

Fatigue?! Fatigue only worked in Thracia because you had a crap ton of units at your disposal. 

I am a little wary about this feature. Please may it not be a "needy" mechanic, PLEASE.

I think its more a figure of speech, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, escotanner said:

They might've gotten it from nintendoeverything because the same screenshots are up there and that person might've just wanted to get the word out about them.

Oh, you're right. Mystery solved.

I really like the artwork for the characters.  I hope the Illusory Heroes get full artwork of them as the characters than as phantom looking.  And the way the team looks at the beginning of towns kind of reminds me of Dangan Ronpa for some reason.

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Wait, what's that? I just tried to look it up on the FEWiki and got nothing.

19 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Wait, what's that? I just tried to look it up on the FEWiki and got nothing.

It's a reference to the Fate/ series.  In that series they summon heroes of myth and legend from a place called "The Throne of Heroes" in a similar way to the Einherjar in Awakening and Fates, the Heroes in FE Heroes, and the Phantoms in Echoes.

7 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I understood that reference.

While I'm really liking most of what I'm seeing, I'm a teensy bit curious/wary on this supposed fatigue system. I've noticed a sort of "smiley face" beside health bars, but I just figured it was directly related to hp. Full health=smiley, low health=sad face, or something. This seems to still be the case, but it was still the first thing to make me thing "fatigue" system. Also explains the food items a bit.

Screenshots are borked on my end. Could someone please do me a massive solid and local host these? Unless they're already on the main site, that is?