New Screenshots

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay i'm fine with the changes to the villages but

Spoiler

C7jS1cEUwAAzAyZ.jpg

if chapter 1 starts with the characters all staring at you like this that might look a bit silly

although since they're adding a prologue it at least won't be the actual beginning of the game

Edited by unique

Looking good. Looks like people were right about the prologue explaining why Celica left Alm's village.

I wonder if you can always talk to your whole team at the beginning of each town? It would be a nice way to establish world building and each character.

The phantoms look weird, but i guess it makes sense if they're only around for one turn each that they wouldn't be super detailed. I was looking forward to seeing Roy in Hidari's style though... oh well, I don't have any amiibos anyways. 

The vil

2 minutes ago, unique said:

okay i'm fine with the changes to the villages but

Hide contents

C7jS1cEUwAAzAyZ.jpg

if chapter 1 starts with the characters all staring at you like this that might look a bit silly

although since they're adding a prologue it at least won't be the actual beginning of the game

It's like SMT IV/Apocalypse

I think the reason why the towns are like this is probably because there wasn't enough space to make the town like the dungeon. Maybe that'll be resolved in the next game.

It seems Bird season was changed to Avistym. Interesting.

Nice to see the reverseable cover tho. While I wont be reversing it, it's nice to have.

Not a fan of the amiibo stuff though. I was considering actually trying to get the amiibo just so I could have the complete collection with the Alm and Celica amiibos but now I might not.

The springs look interesting. They must be in a hidden room now instead of with the Mila statue, but at least they are there. I wonder if they will keep the ones that can revive since we have casual mode.

Ram village got one hell of an upgrade though.

Also I really wished they showed off Clair, I am just dying to see her blonde.

Also Forsyth, Python when?

Also fatigue. I am crossing my fingers it ain't Thracia fatigue cause that shit was stupid.

Mycen looks glorious tho. That stache DILF alert

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, escotanner said:

I think the reason why the towns are like this is probably because there wasn't enough space to make the town like the dungeon. Maybe that'll be resolved in the next game.

there are like 5 towns in the whole game, it was most likely an intentional decision

Fatigue might have something to do with the with the day counting system. The more days pass, the more fatigue builds. Maybe fatigue can be reduced slowly by resting, or instantly by making an offering, which also requires the person making the offering to fight their way through the dungeon having foodstuff equipped instead of a weapon.

Wait, how did this person even get the screenshots? I doubt anyone has gotten the game this early and they don;t seem to be any kind of official person at a business (Unless I am wrong of coarse).

Spoiler

aW9hDTF.jpg   WnNFZNj.jpgei5oGMa.jpg

I like the Phantoms. It is a cool way of adding these characters in without them being "real" or having an identity, such as "We are the fighters from the SM4SH world!" I like the ghostly aspect, In Fates I wanted a playable character with the "Phantom Purple Fire" effect.

30 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

So this is the most interesting screenshot to me. Fatigue? Wasn't that a thing only in Thracia so far?  Also apparently provisions can cure it?

If it's really, then I would think it may have a different effect than Thraccia's. Considering things.

Too bad about the amiibo units, I might have bought corrin if it wasn't such a pain to get out the nfc reader and the amiibos every time I wanted to use them. I really like the aesthetics of them to, what with the whole ghostly warrior thing they've got going on.

Can we take a minute to discuss the fact Roy, a character with a 60% Luck growth in his home game, has 6 luck for some reason.

Like now I see it, I cannot unsee it.  

The rest looks cool though.

Edit: Base Roy had more Luck than Amiibo Roy does there.  Weird.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Looking more at the town screenshots, I really wish they were 3d models rather then their artwork, IMO, it would have looked a lot better.

Just now, Azz said:

Looking more at the town screenshots, I really wish they were 3d models rather then their artwork, IMO, it would have looked a lot better.

I feel like if they do stuff like that they may cheapen the artwork, further than the internet could.

34 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I think it's more of IS's way of not showing the joining your party the same way they did in Gaiden, by disappearing with text that says something like "Luka has joined your party".

So...there's going to be a phantom Marth at the same time that the real Marth is still living and breathing and between his own games, in the very same world? That's...a little odd to think about.

31 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Fatigue might have something to do with the with the day counting system. The more days pass, the more fatigue builds. Maybe fatigue can be reduced slowly by resting, or instantly by making an offering, which also requires the person making the offering to fight their way through the dungeon having foodstuff equipped instead of a weapon.

Huh, never thought I'd see Fatigue as a thing back in the series, even if it's not the same as Thracia fatigue...Seems like it could be interesting if they tie it to the date mechanic, but I just hope it's not too obtrusive. I always thought it would be used as a time limit of sorts to make sure your army keeps moving rather than staying in one spot and grinding.

Or maybe it's the opposite, to prevent you from going too far too quickly without stopping to take a breather. ...Or it could be a way to heal HP that carries over from map to map, like KliffIsTheOG is saying.

Still, seems like an interesting thing.

Edited by Extrasolar

4 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

maybe health carries over in the world map and by "curing the fatigue" the statue heals your units.

This would actually be rather interesting. I hope this is the case rather then the possible Thracia version.