Anyone Going to Abandon this Board in April/May?

I'm feeling a little burnt out paying attention to every update on what we know about this game at this point. To keep the magic alive, I think I'll outright quit looking on this board come April, particularly once the game is out in Japan. That way, by the time the game releases in May, it'll feel fresh and engaging.

And until I beat the game (unless I get really really stuck) I'll stay off this board too, that way my one and only first impression will not be tainted by the opinions of others. Once I've beaten it and wait a day or two for everything to settle, then you'll see me do my usual long and overly analytical posts on this particular board again.

Anyone feeling the same way?

Same here. I'll probably check the board once in April to see if there are any weird recruitments/things to watch out for, and then not check the boards anymore. I have more fun when I can decide how I like a game for myself.

Eheheh...If anyone has paid attention to my activity on these forums, they'd know that I'm mostly active a few months before a new entry up until the game's release and then I disappear until the next entry is close to releasing.

Just do what I did and hardly look at any gameplay/news shit until the game comes out. I barely had any idea what to expect of Awakening & Fates other than scantily-clad FE.

Probably. I mean, if they're going to continue staying as faithful to Gaiden as they've shown so far, I already have most stuff spoiled, but I don't want information overload.

Edited by Slumber

I'll be off the board for a while, for sure, but I often don't get to be on a load anyway due to A-Levels and stuff. I doubt I'll be going full Breath of the Wild here and leaving the Internet as I spend a week powering through the game to make sure I don't get spoiled.

Nope, dont care all that much for being spoiled on Gaiden as I already played through most of the game, and know most of the story. I will be sticking around just to see how the game plays from those with the japanese version. There are some aspects I am super exited for, and others that make me question why the hell IS decided to do that.

I might do that, honestly. I'm not afraid of spoilers at all, but I know from experience that keeping up with every little update and reveal and seeing the fandom's reactions to them is going to tire me out. Taking a break from all that - especially when the pre-release hype is at its peak - sounds good to me.

Besides, Persona 5 is coming out in a couple of weeks. That game will devour a good chunk of my free time this spring.

Edited by Carnation

Nah, I always play with spoilers in mind because I hate missing things the first time through. Maybe it's just the way I play, but playing Fire Emblem blind can be disasterous (depending on the game).

I'm just here waiting for all the redesigns to come out so I can update the other thread. There's generally a few character portraits that don't come out until after release so I'm going to be here to update. My activity may decrease though. I also have another idea for another thread, but I'm still planning out how to do it.

Naw, Imma spoil myself so hard for this game.

I tend to like spoilers for the most part (Unless it's GoT) and they tend to hype me more (But also make me want it faster which didn't help with Fates especially considering Europe was still waiting for a release date and also I taught Fates was disappointing).

I'm one of those crazy people that want to know the entire plot and ending before engaging in the story itself, just so I can see how everything connects to one another. Also, knowing what happens beforehand allows me to save time if said particular story was poor or had a terrible ending.

So yeah, I'll be on these boards when it releases. Besides, part of the fun is finding new things or being at the birthplace of memes (Lobster Lord Ryoma, Blame Takumi, etc.). Heck, even fake information can be interesting every once in a while. (Anyone remember the rumor that Sakura was to die to the Faceless in Fates?)

Nope

I'll drop by every now and then to see peoples' impressions, opinions etc.

Edited by Pixelman

I'd like to say I would, but honestly I don't think I'll be able to do it. Much like Pixelman, I would at least like to see everyone's thoughts on the game. Besides, it was pretty fun in the early day of Fates's release, so this could be fun as well (even though it's not exactly a *NEW* game...).

14 hours ago, Sire said:

I'm one of those crazy people that want to know the entire plot and ending before engaging in the story itself, just so I can see how everything connects to one another. Also, knowing what happens beforehand allows me to save time if said particular story was poor or had a terrible ending.

So yeah, I'll be on these boards when it releases. Besides, part of the fun is finding new things or being at the birthplace of memes (Lobster Lord Ryoma, Blame Takumi, etc.). Heck, even fake information can be interesting every once in a while. (Anyone remember the rumor that Sakura was to die to the Faceless in Fates?)

Wow I do remember that, lol. I still thought that was going to happen when I played through Conquest. I seriously thought she was going to die somewhere in the game.

waiting for release it's not a thing for me anymore, i get more excitement and anticipation to the game witnessing before hand. release happenings and media treads are now very fun experiences that i don't want to lose. Even i recently buy a fire emblem Gaiden just to feel it before the new game releases.

Edited by pinguyFrank