Do Manakete really eat people?

SullyMcGully

In fact, if I recall correctly, Yune, when talking to Stefan, reacts with horror at the idea that such union between beorc and laguz is considered a crime against the goddess, and it almost sounds like she would have encouraged such union. And yes, it is said in the game that the fact that they were unknown to both Yune and Ashera meant that the judgement never affected them. Everything about the Branded being "unnatural" or "cursed" was a lie created by (spoilers if you haven't played RD!).

The fact that laguz parents lose their powers is likely magical, but

Spoiler

as evidenced by Lehran if he survives, the process seems to be reversible, as his powers were eventually restored sometime after the Herons helped heal his soul.

Back to the topic of do Manaketes eat humans; I would say that friendly Manaketes don't for obvious reasons. Wild Maddened Dragons might eat humans. As for members of the Dolhr Empire, I imagine some of them claim could claim to eat humans as an intimidation tactic. Think about it; if you are fighting a large intelligent dragon that claims he will enjoy roasting and eating you, that has to be scary.

Funny, I say, "Back to the topic of do Manaketes eat humans," but this and the mention of Radiant Dawn is making me think of Septimus:

"The Beasts! They wish to... CONSUME ME!!"

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

In fact, if I recall correctly, Yune, when talking to Stefan, reacts with horror at the idea that such union between beorc and laguz is considered a crime against the goddess, and it almost sounds like she would have encouraged such union. And yes, it is said in the game that the fact that they were unknown to both Yune and Ashera meant that the judgement never affected them. Everything about the Branded being "unnatural" or "cursed" was a lie created by (spoilers if you haven't played RD!).

Oh, I've played it, don't worry about any spoilers, lol.

Yeah I'd forgotten about all of that part, since it's been a while since I played Endgame. If I recall that whole rumor was invented to cover up Lehran losing his powers to avoid more conflict between the beorc and laguz. So...yeah, no idea. It's never explained, must just be magical shenanigans or something. But yeah, gonna stop derailing with this now.

One last comment on the laguz power loss thing, as much of a tangent it is from this topic's main inquiry. The power loss is likely not reversible.

Light of Creation – Lehran

At Lorazieh’s urging, Sephiran lay himself down within Serenes, and was healed by the songs of the herons.

Lehran is healed by the Herons, but that may just have been his mind and soul at last having all the trauma and sorrow it has accumulated over the centuries alleviated. "lay himself down" might not mean laid down for a ritual, he just decided to live in Serenes amongst his fellow Herons and the other Bird Laguz.

The Epilogue suggests he still can't sing Galdr anymore, the trademark Heron Laguz power.

Ashunera:
“Lehran. I’ve missed your songs. Would you sing for me now?”

Lehran:
“I… I no longer…”

Ashunera:
“Well, then I will sing. And you may sing with me. Is that all right?”

Lehran:
“…Yes.”