A FE anime?

So, I'm wondering, would anyone be open to seeing a full on anime series based off this new FE game? (And yes, I'm aware of the 90's OVA, but that doesn't count). I'd personally would like to see them do that instead of just an OVA or a small series of shorts.

Probably not.

If anything, they'll probably adapt one of the older entries, namely Gaiden or maybe the Jugdral games since Gaiden's got a small cast and Jugdral's got a lot of shit you can take liberties with.

And we've no clue of the scope of this game. If the game's the longest FE ever then immediately everything poofs away.

An anime series is a big commitment, and while I don't doubt the funds, a weekly series is a killer for certain adaptations.

There's also the matter of giving the audience the idea that it's a big army with a ton of stories going on at once which would absolutely butcher the pacing if animated.

So yeah. Anime's not a good idea in the first place and the execution could end up with something awful that misrepresents the source material. Like the localisation of Fates.

20 hours ago, DaloDask said:

Probably not.

If anything, they'll probably adapt one of the older entries, namely Gaiden or maybe the Jugdral games since Gaiden's got a small cast and Jugdral's got a lot of shit you can take liberties with.

And we've no clue of the scope of this game. If the game's the longest FE ever then immediately everything poofs away.

An anime series is a big commitment, and while I don't doubt the funds, a weekly series is a killer for certain adaptations.

There's also the matter of giving the audience the idea that it's a big army with a ton of stories going on at once which would absolutely butcher the pacing if animated.

So yeah. Anime's not a good idea in the first place and the execution could end up with something awful that misrepresents the source material. Like the localisation of Fates.

You never know, they did it with the third game. 

Have you seen the Pokemon anime? They keep it up to date with the games. 

Considering that the switch could run BotW, I'd say the size of the game is going to be pretty big. 

They could just do what they're doing with AoT or OPM and just animate by season (Baisically anime one season then release it and then go on hiatus to work on the next season). 

They could still just focus on the main story and the main characters. Again, look at AoT. 

The localization has nothing to do with this anime though. 

9 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

Have you seen the Pokemon anime? They keep it up to date with the games.

The Pokémon anime is hardly what I call a faithful adaptation, and on top of that Pokémon has a lot more budget than FE does.