The culture of the next FE kingdom

I really want an Egyptian based country. I know that Plegia was a little bit Egypt, but I want one that goes all out. That would be sweet.

A country based on Hawaii would be cool too. I actually found out that the islands in real life were always at war, so it fits the FE theme.

Any real life countries that you're hoping to see in FE?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Hawaii and Egypt ideas. I mean they already did Hawaii with Pokemon, so why not? Only if they did it with FE and the islands were warring countries of their own, there'd probably be a ton of chapters where you're on a ship...because how else would people get from one island to the next?

I guess I'll add an Alaska based country to the ideas. To go with Hawaii.

Edited by Dragoncat

I want something more Scottish. Rough hewn warriors who value strength over all else, but also know how to have a good time. Like Ferox, but little less generic and with more mist and Loch monsters.

honestly I would like to see Native American or Viking cultures, I really liked the nomads from FE 6 and 7 and how they at least to me were based on the Mongols and I would really like to see a nomadic culture in FE again.  I really like the ship battle maps in FE so I would like a sea fairing people in an FE game, plus ax users at least to me seem to be inspired by Vikings and so having a country based on Vikings would be interesting.

6 hours ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

I really want an Egyptian based country. I know that Plegia was a little bit Egypt, but I want one that goes all out. That would be sweet.

I went to an exhibition of the tomb of Tutankhamun. That shit was dope. I really wouldn't mind seeing an Egypt-based country in Fire Emblem.

Other than that, I'd really like to see some Aztec or Inca influences. I would say Norse, but we've had that in Jugdral, though it was mostly just in terms of names I believe.

I would like a mixture between Aztec/Incan with something else. Tenochtitlan was on stilts over a lake, and followed a geometric  design for the city layout. I think having a country with this aesthetic would be nice, all it would need is some FE flair.

Reference picture:

Spoiler

Murales_Rivera_-_Indianer_vor_Tenochtitl

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I went to an exhibition of the tomb of Tutankhamun. That shit was dope. I really wouldn't mind seeing an Egypt-based country in Fire Emblem.

Other than that, I'd really like to see some Aztec or Inca influences. I would say Norse, but we've had that in Jugdral, though it was mostly just in terms of names I believe.

Jugdral was pretty normal medival stuff, apart from using names from Norse (and Irish) mythology. So a culture based on vikings and such would be something new. Egypt sounds great too.

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

A Roman kingdom that goes further than Norh

Well, you're in luck, because that's basically what Valentia is.

I want eastern Europe. That's just about the only European area that hasn't really been represented. I guess Tellius is kind of eastern Europe-y? Maybe? In some of the naming? But it's not overt, like Jugdral with Irish/Scandanavian names and tone, or Elibe with England and mid-Germanic Europe.

Edited by Slumber

I'd like to see either the Italian renaissance (not counting Begnion from PoR) or ancient Greece! Think about the latter, they could easily make a bunch of references to ancient greek mythology, figures, gods, etc. (That, and Pit's amiibo could make a small cameo in it that isn't canon) 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, InfinityAlex said:

I want something more Scottish. Rough hewn warriors who value strength over all else, but also know how to have a good time. Like Ferox, but little less generic and with more mist and Loch monsters.

This. Something either Ancient Celtic or Scottish would be great.

A good China/Korea interpretation! Chon'sin was wafer thin - give me a redo!

Or, give me India and Persia! I'm surprised nobody said those yet. Valla the not-invisible-just-zero-development-kingdom doesn't count!

If we were to do pre-Columbian America, make it mostly Central and South America due to the North being a bit more nomadic/not quite as grand- but throw in a couple random NA travelers. Also, give me super-powerful super-fragile Obsidian weapons, basically Glass weapons except stronger. And on that note- it'd be interesting to see metallurgy and horses in such a style- seeing how neither existed prior to European arrival.

I'd get an honest chuckle if they tried to tackle Norse and Japanese stuff in addition to the usual european flair, mostly for the reactions it would inspire of ripping off For Honor....

But seriously; Viking it up.

On 23/03/2017 at 8:04 PM, Nirito Haan said:

I would like it to be based on the Third Reich. I would like to see a full scale world war in this next Fire Emblem game.

Bad idea. Having something based on such recent history gives two distinct problems:

1) Technology has advanced. By the time World Wars started to happen, we already had guns etc, which would render all strategy worthless as every unit is in range of every other unit. Think how broken bolting is, and think how broken it would be if everyone had it.

2) Political issues. Unfortunately, we live in the 21st century, where you can't talk about anything without someone getting offended. With events so (relatively) recent as WWII, portraying them in an FE would cause a lot of offense from survivors, seeing as one of the main tropes with FE is sympathetic villains.

Although I think the idea of a tactical modern warfare simulation is a good idea, FE is not the right vessel to use for this.

How about a game that's entirely in pseudo-Japan? We had something like that in Hoshido but it was so horribly under-developed that the "Japaneseness" was skin deep. It could be based on the warring states period with the introduction of crude guns in addition to our other fantasy staples. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:01 AM, Emeraldfox said:

A country based on America

Modern day America would be awesome.

The plot could be about the new Lord taking his legion to fight against PC culture, literally.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I want a band of rough Viking like raiders who conquer Hoshido, Nohr, Ylisse, Valm and literally every continent from the 3ds FE games. In all seriousness though starting out as a viking like character and your first mission is to raid this "british monastery" would be really cool and a new twist.