Orb Hoarding

dragonlordsd

So, I haven't spent any money on this game, but I now have well over 200 orbs.

Not that I haven't been pulling, I've got plenty of five stars, but waiting two weeks for each new set of heroes is a really, really long time.

I decided to skip the latest focus and wait for the next one, but I don't know... I'm getting kind of bored of waiting.

Anyone else having this problem?

As a Mega Wishiwashi, I have the exact opposite problem. I would really, really like to spend all of each month's disposable income on each focus set, but I can only spend half because there are two sets per month.

I'm actually wondering how people who fall in the middle (neither whales nor hoarders) feel about the pacing of new focus sets (especially considering that the rate at which focus sets change is also the rate at which arena bonus heroes rotate).

14 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

So, I haven't spent any money on this game, but I now have well over 200 orbs.

Not that I haven't been pulling, I've got plenty of five stars, but waiting two weeks for each new set of heroes is a really, really long time.

I decided to skip the latest focus and wait for the next one, but I don't know... I'm getting kind of bored of waiting.

Anyone else having this problem?

This is me... (free 2 play)

Well I have 100 orbs on Monday... then I managed to get just about all my 4* to level 40. Then... I didnt want to train my 3* and upgrade.

So I wasted all 100 orbs (even though I dont like this banner at all) ...

Got Hector, Jaffar, Tharja(dupe) ... at 5* ... (Aiming for who I really wanted : Fred,Cherche,Ryoma,Kagero,Saizo => and I only got 2 of em.)

(and plenty of others 4* / 3* )

Now I am going to wait for the new banner... which is another 2 weeks. Because Michalis banner is kind of awful other than Minerva (I have Eliwood/Gordin)
Already have 40 orbs (all these freebies)

And with all the summons... I am now aiming to get 4x Cav/Armor/Flier to level 40 to do 10th stratum (It's already VERY last minute... I wont suggest you to do it)
=> Pretty much: I am grinding 3 team to level 40 ... all of em are like level 32 now (but I havent even attempted the 10th strat yet).

So yes.  I want another banner set (or give us ... 2 banner set) ..rather than just one.

Edited by Ryuke

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a Mega Wishiwashi, I have the exact opposite problem. I would really, really like to spend all of each month's disposable income on each focus set, but I can only spend half because there are two sets per month.

I'm actually wondering how people who fall in the middle (neither whales nor hoarders) feel about the pacing of new focus sets (especially considering that the rate at which focus sets change is also the rate at which arena bonus heroes rotate).

Being in the middle ill eventually stop spending and find a solid 3 units i can use consistantly and then most likely save some orbs and go for a focus unit or evolve my hero from the grand hero battles. That or Ill spend minimal amounts to get a focus hero I want.

F2P hoarder here; stockpiled 411 Orbs at the time of writing this post.

I intend to pull if:

-I somehow reach 999 Orbs before the Choose Your Legends Lyn gets released

-Choose Your Legends Lyn gets released

10 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Nope... I once saved 80 orbs but they vanished on this months dancing dragon.  You are right they are giving out lots of orbs to save up though, which is nice.

This is me, except it was over 140 orbs. And still no Ninian. :-(

I find myself somewhat in the same situation. Nearly 200 orbs, though it would have been much less if the store hadn't screwed up my one-time purchase and let me use those orbs on the Princesses banner (instead, their support took nearly 3 days to get back to me, during which the banner expired :/). This banner and the upcoming GHB banner barely interest me. I don't want to pull a bunch of greys and am way overloaded on swords. This leaves me with the choice of Ninian or Minerva to pull for. I'm vaguely interested, but not enough to single-colour pull for them. I'd rather wait on the next banner.

As a result, I'm somewhat running out of units that I want to train. I'm working on improving the teams I'm using to complete the themed orb quests, but there's only so much I can do there. I guess there is some incentive to nudge my 3*s toward 20 for inheritance reasons, but that goes by relatively quickly. I guess at least it makes it so I can get a little bit of something out of blowing through the earliest Stratums to reset the Tenth's comp. Still, getting bored of that since the rerolls have been frustratingly uncooperative and I'm not exactly leveling super characters to round out my bench.

I tried to hoard, I really did. But then I made the mistake of pulling on my second account, since I had fewer units and needed some more fodder. Of course, I get two five stars >.< So on my main account, I went and blew all my orbs pulling. No five stars, but several characters I hadn't had before, including two I've really wanted. 

For the pacing... I think it's okay. It adds new banners as well, such as the GHB ones. For those waiting for a few very specific characters, then I guess it could get boring, but for those like me that like many, the only frustration is not having enough orbs/money to get them all! 

(I'm a mini-whale. Not f2p on my main account but I don't blow huge amounts. Just moderate...)

I have 100 orbs right now, I keep telling myself that I'm saving them for when Innes get in the game (if he gets in the game of course), but like you, I feel very tempted to start summoning for Klein again (my last tries gave me only saizos)

I don't know if I could wait that much

Right now I'm free two play orb hoarder.  I'm at 257 orbs.  15 more I can easily get and 9 I'm not sure of the time of this posting. The main reason I been hoarding is because I want to get fire emblem characters from my favorite franchises.  Which is Awakening and Path of Radiances(I will take Dawn of Radiance version aswell) and waiting on the Choose your legends banner.  Since theirs no POR or DOR characters. That just leaves Awakening ones for me to get.  I reroll a lot and got Lucina and Robin M when he was 5*. Didn't get anymore of the awakening 5*  with the first two banners.  I didn't pull the trigger on Adult Tiki with the Battling Robin banner since I wanted to save orbs for Choose your legends banner. Given at the time the community wasn't sure how Nintendo will be handling orbs after the game release event. I held back.  When we had Focus: Princes banner, I pull 4* Chrom and 4* Cherche while using 40 orbs since I did get a Chrom I was happy and stop.  Now that I'm well stockpile as the case.  I'm just waiting on banner that will focus on what I want or give good odds on pulling a red or blue 5* in hopes of getting Tharja and Cordelia.  So until these following are meant I'll be hoarding for the future. 

Choose your legends Banner.  I want Alternative Art Lucina and Altertiva Art Ike

Banner focus featuring Tharja

Banner focus featuring Cordlia

Banner feature Path of Radiance

Banner feature good red or blue orb pulling percents

I was going to hoard as being f2p means limited orbs...and I did at the beginning, but the god damn banner won't give me a 5* and somehow the percentage is now 4.5%. I really like getting new heroes. So its not a complete loss. Honestly, I might start hoarding again after this banner until the shadows of valentia events start pouring in. So far, I've found each banner to be slightly more underwhelming compared to its predecessor and the only reason I pulled was because I wanted new heroes, not so much because of the focus. 

Edited by Kiran

I've been mostly hoarding orbs too, because I haven't liked the focuses we've gotten so far. I tried for Ephraim a couple times...didn't get him. I await Ike or someone else I really really want.

I have almost 160 orbs.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think I'm somewhere in the middle.  I drop money on Orbs occasionally.  I think the pace of Focus groups is right about right.  I just wish we got some Tellius characters, soon.  I'd also rather have 2 focuses of 4, rather than one of 6, since it makes it a lot harder to get the unit you want, especially if they share a color.

Really, I want to hoard orbs. I want to see if 999 really is the limit. Unless a whale here can just take a screenshot.

But Ninian drained it all.

I pretty much got my composure back.

I'm set on hoarding orbs and using 20 bucks every 2 weeks for a full roll and/or roster expansion.

I haven't spent money on this game, but I haven't hoarded orbs either. Even if I'm not aiming for the focus characters, it's always nice (or not nice) to see who will pop up. That said, my luck hasn't been great lately and m!Corrin ate up the 5-star percentage I'd been building up, so I'm thinking about waiting until this banner expires to try again.

Ever since the first banners ended I've kinda started hoarding orbs- at around 140 right now (I'm f2p).

A problem I have is that I get super paranoid that I'm not taking advantage of increased 5* rates when I don't pull 5*s, so I keep pulling till I get one (which is how I use up the majority of my orbs)

Now that I think about it I wish I used zero orbs after the first set of focuses (would have around 240 orbs if so). Welp.

I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle (I've spent $180 USD), and I think the pacing is fine. 

I try to hoard, but I blow my orbs on banners whenever a character I like shows up. Unfortunately, that's...nearly every banner. Earlier in March was the worst of it since I don't normally pull on "Battling GHB" banners, but Effie and Nino called out to me (and the only thing I got for my troubles was a +Spd, -Atk Effie and no Nino RIP). I also blew essentially my entire stash trying to grab Ninian who didn't show up until after I bought more orbs (and even then didn't show up until the last summon session, so I was getting really worried I'd blow money and get nothing in return).

Admittedly, I was beginning to get bored before Skill Inheritance became a thing, but after SI, I have a reason to continually grind my old units up to collect SP (which takes quite a while if they're all level 40 already). Not to mention the huge amount of quests we've been getting recently. I really hope they continue this trend because I'm really appreciating all that they're adding to the game.

I'd probably prefer a faster pacing if I either didn't like the characters in banners so far or was waiting for a specific set (like Tellius), but since I've liked at least one or two people in every single banner so far (and thus blow my orbs on them), I'm fine with the current pacing.  

My rule is to pull until I get a 5*, then wait.  Since I pulled Priscilla relatively early, I'm sitting on my orbs.  Currently at 60-something, hoping to bump it to 80 before the next major banner (5* Gordin is tempting, but I'd probably end up with 5* Selena instead).  Whether I pull or not depends on how much I like the new characters.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Really, I want to hoard orbs. I want to see if 999 really is the limit. Unless a whale here can just take a screenshot.

But Ninian drained it all.

I pretty much got my composure back.

I'm set on hoarding orbs and using 20 bucks every 2 weeks for a full roll and/or roster expansion.

In the in-game Faqs it says that 999 is the displayed limit but if you go over it (ie: buy 140 orbs when you are at 900) the game will keep track of your actual total while only displaying 999. So in the example you would have 1040 orbs. It also says you cannot continue to buy orbs if your displayed amount is 999. It just won't let you I guess.

I have also seen a couple Youtube videos of people with the 999 cap.

I've been playing free and mostly spending them every time I hit 20 but I'm trying to save a decent stockpile for at least the next banner because it'll probably have a greater percentage of characters I want, plus it'll have the current banner mixed into the regular pool so non-focus pulls will also have a higher likelihood of being new. If I can keep up my willpower for the next week, I should have like 70 orbs when the next banner goes up.

My general rule is: Always spend Orbs immediately. The only times I will not spend Orbs are...

1. The chance to pull a 5* unit resets, and I have pulled from that focus multiple times. (I would really, really would love to stop pulling from Blazing Shadows, but I want my 5* unit! I'm at 5.25%, which is nine pulls without getting a 5-star hero!)
2. The Focus contains characters I have no interest whatsoever in. So far, this has not been the case for the "main Focus" summons. I have skipped over some of the "side Focus" pools ("Battling (x)"), but never the main ones (Legendary Heroes, Deep Devotion, Family Bonds, Sibling Bonds, Blazing Shadows).

Since I want to collect them all and have a desire to pull some of those 5* only characters (Lyn, Lucina, Linde, Hector, Takumi, Azura, etc.), that serves as another reason why I pull as often as I do.
Also, as an individual who has spent money on Heroes ($80), I think the pacing for new heroes is mostly fine. Early on with my smaller roster I was concerned about leveling characters, but now that I have a decent number of heroes I think I'll be set for a while. Of course, there is the classic problem of "promoting someone to 5-Star status," and me being far too focused on min-maxing, but those are a different topics entirely.

I would like to see a proper story expansion (another "9 Chapter Story" with 5 parts each), with a sizable roster update to accommodate for said expansion. Thing is, this is a Gacha game, and I am not sure if "expansions" are a thing compared to slowly doling out content. The current pace of Paralogues and Xenologues are okay, but I want more story since I'm a story guy. The new maps are also nice to add variation to running the Training Tower constantly.

I usually pull once or twice on every banner I like (and I've liked all of them so far, though I'll probably skip Battling Michalis), but mostly I'm saving up orbs. My roster is decent, if lacking in blues, and I don't want to be in a situation where a character I really want is released and I can't get them.

It's hard to hoard orbs, but if I give in and spend them all, I just know the next banner is going to have Lute, and then we'll get a Battling Navarre banner with Florina and Caeda or something.