Has Alm's class been confirmed as "Fighter" in the localization

I'm pretty sure they localized it as Fighter.

EDIT: Yep it has been.

Spoiler

Image result for fire emblem echoes alm stats

Edited by Azz

So does this mean that Gaiden not having any playable Axe wielders will carry over into Echoes as well? I know that it technically doesn't matter since there's no weapon triangle, but still.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I edited my post.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Forged Thoron said:

So does this mean that Gaiden not having any playable Axe wielders will carry over into Echoes as well? I know that it technically doesn't matter since there's no weapon triangle, but still.

Looks like it, unless a brigand is playable either as a main character or an Amiibo extra like monsters. Paladins are confirmed as mono weapon as well it seems.

47 minutes ago, Slumber said:

This is like Ike being a Ranger, despite not being on a horse or wielding a bow.

I don't think that it's quite the same with Ike because Ranger has always been a filler class for Mercenaries and Archers when the classes branched off, kind of like how the Great Knight has been a filler class for Cavaliers and Knights. With Fighter, it has always been a constant in the series, so giving it as a unique class does feel kinda strange. It's like if Lyn came as a Myrmidon and there were no other Myrmidons in Blazing Blade.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't think that it's quite the same with Ike because Ranger has always been a filler class for Mercenaries and Archers when the classes branched off, kind of like how the Great Knight has been a filler class for Cavaliers and Knights. With Fighter, it has always been a constant in the series, so giving it as a unique class does feel kinda strange. It's like if Lyn came as a Myrmidon and there were no other Myrmidons in the game.

Lyn is at least like a Myrmidon, Alm is nothing like a fighter, so I'm scratching my head at the localizers? They'd change thief to outlaw, but keep the fast, accurate, and sword wielding Alm a fighter?

25 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Lyn is at least like a Myrmidon, Alm is nothing like a fighter, so I'm scratching my head at the localizers? They'd change thief to outlaw, but keep the fast, accurate, and sword wielding Alm a fighter?

there are no "fighter" class characters in this game

alm is a person who fights, so he is a fighter

i think that's simple enough

could've given him a more interesting class name but I don't see anything really wrong with it

15 minutes ago, unique said:

there are no "fighter" class characters in this game

alm is a person who fights, so he is a fighter

i think that's simple enough

could've given him a more interesting class name but I don't see anything really wrong with it

Well there were no thief classes outside of the thief class in Fates, the localizers still changed it to outlaw.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Well there were no thief classes outside of the thief class in Fates, the localizers still changed it to outlaw.

that's likely due to the different localization teams though

this one is also a remake of a game where the same name was used for the class so it makes sense to be keeping it

40 minutes ago, unique said:

that's likely due to the different localization teams though

this one is also a remake of a game where the same name was used for the class so it makes sense to be keeping it

That would make the most sense.

I understand why the Japanese writers kept the name fighter, but Gaiden never reached US shores outside of fan translated roms.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't think that it's quite the same with Ike because Ranger has always been a filler class for Mercenaries and Archers when the classes branched off, kind of like how the Great Knight has been a filler class for Cavaliers and Knights. With Fighter, it has always been a constant in the series, so giving it as a unique class does feel kinda strange.

It wasn't necessarily a constant in Gaiden. Once upon a time -- and Heroes actually has kinda returned to this -- "Fighter" was essentially a broad category referring to unmounted weapon users. Compare Genealogy, where we had "Sword Fighter" (which has gradually shifted into Mercenary and Myrmidon), "Bow Fighter" (which eventually returned to Archer), "Thief Fighter" (which essentially was replaced by Rogue), "Mage Fighter" (which doesn't really have a true equivalent, although Grandmaster and Priestess are similar), and of course "Axe Fighter" which ended up retaining the name as the Fighter classes all got shunted into more proper lines. Heroes actually continues this old tradition, with generics referred to as "Sword/Lance/Axe Fighter",

It's also worth mentioning that "Great Knight" actually has two identities: it does, yes, serve as the medium between Paladin and General. But it also fulfills the role of 'Axe Paladin' in the Tellius/Jugdral games that split certain classes by weapon types.

It reminds me of Path of Radiance, in the French version, Ike's base class was Rodeur, which basically translate to 'Ranger'.
Fun time !

I'm half disapointed, half pleased, because Fighter so simple... but I think about the previous Fighters class.

13 hours ago, Thane said:

I'm sort of disappointed Alm won't be able to become a Dread Fighter like in Awakening. Man, I liked his portrayal there, so I hope he keeps at least parts of it.

Wouldn't want to have that good of class yet  :p
Though I wouldn't mind if he promoted into that. Plus I just remembered, isn't Dread Fighter the badass class that came from Gaiden, who can wield swords, axes, spears and bows ? The one the villagers could eventually promote to and then return back to Villager to create a promotions loop ?
It also have a badass sprite.

Since I spoke about the French version: In Awakening, Dread Fighter was localized as 'Heros Mage' which translate into... Hero mage ! Gee, I'm such a genius.
While in Fates, Dread Fighter was localized as Terreur, which means Terror, basically.

39 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Plus I just remembered, isn't Dread Fighter the badass class that came from Gaiden, who can wield swords, axes, spears and bows ? The one the villagers could eventually promote to and then return back to Villager to create a promotions loop ?
It also have a badass sprite.

dread fighter uses only swords, so no

you might be thinking of master knight from fe4

the only non-lord class that has more than one type of attack in gaiden is priestess

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, unique said:

dread fighter uses only swords, so no

you might be thinking of master knight from fe4

the only non-lord class that has more than one type of attack in gaiden is priestess

Actually when promoted Alm could use Bows alongside Swords.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Actually when promoted Alm could use Bows alongside Swords.

non-lord.

Priestess is accesible for the female mages.

11 minutes ago, Troykv said:

non-lord.

Priestess is accesible for the female mages.

Oh whoops, I didn't see non-lord.

16 hours ago, Slumber said:

This is like Ike being a Ranger, despite not being on a horse or wielding a bow.

Its weird for me, I hear Ranger I think D&D. So when his class was a Ranger when I first played, I thought he was going to have bow use as well and possibly some kind of magic.

16 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't think that it's quite the same with Ike because Ranger has always been a filler class for Mercenaries and Archers when the classes branched off, kind of like how the Great Knight has been a filler class for Cavaliers and Knights. With Fighter, it has always been a constant in the series, so giving it as a unique class does feel kinda strange. It's like if Lyn came as a Myrmidon and there were no other Myrmidons in Blazing Blade.

You have to remember that Gaiden  was the second game in the franchise.

Coincidentally, Alm was a "Fighter" only one game after Fighters were introduced, and Ike was a "Ranger" only one game after Rangers were introduced. 

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

You have to remember that Gaiden  was the second game in the franchise.

Coincidentally, Alm was a "Fighter" only one game after Fighters were introduced, and Ike was a "Ranger" only one game after Rangers were introduced. 

At that point its understandable, they'd re-use the name fighter and it makes sense for the remake to keep the names from the original release.

I find it really odd that the localization would keep the Alm's class as "Fighter" though when they seem like they want to have consistent class names across the series. Note all the renamed classes in Fates like Sword Saint got localized as normal class names like Swordmaster. Axe Fighter also lost the axe in its name.

11 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

At that point its understandable, they'd re-use the name fighter and it makes sense for the remake to keep the names from the original release.

I find it really odd that the localization would keep the Alm's class as "Fighter" though when they seem like they want to have consistent class names across the series. Note all the renamed classes in Fates like Sword Saint got localized as normal class names like Swordmaster. Axe Fighter also lost the axe in its name.

It's 8-4 doing things, while Fates was NOA. That explains most method differences.

Wow, Treehouse wasn't given this game? That might be for the best considering some psychopaths would avoid the game after their localization job on Fates got so much hate.

And, hold up, I thought Alm did promote into a Dread Fighter much like Celica does to Princess. Am I wrong?