Approximately how long do you think Echoes will be?

Gaiden is known for having fewer chapters than other Fire Emblem games (correct me if this is incorrect), but it features dungeon exploration and other stuff during those chapters/parts. So how long do you think Echoes will end up being especially since they're adding new content to Echoes (i.e. a prologue and possibly more)?

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

Most likely about as long as Awakening I'd wager.

Might be a tad longer considering dungeon exploration exists.

If it ends up being as long as Awakening or longer, then there's a chance I'll be putting 100+ hours into it like I did Awakening. Though, also depends on how the map works (I'm relatively unfamiliar with Gaiden's gameplay. I just know the basic premise and the plot)

It's hard to say, mainly because I'm not sure how much stuff added.

I'd wager about 5-10 hours longer than the original, factoring in new cutscenes, more battles, longer battles, dungeons being fleshed out more, characters being fleshed out more, etc. It could probably double the length of the original. 

Map-wise I would say exactly the same. Factoring in longer dungeons + cutscenes it could get in a few extra hours. Better map design may also make it a bit longer if they decide to change any maps.

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

Gaiden, despite only having 5 actual chapters, was about 20-25 hours long. The game has a lot of overworld padding with random encounters and dungeons. Probably why this was a no-brainer to remake, or that I think about it. 

I imagine, if this game is really beefing up the story, this will be a bit longer. 

Edited by Slumber

I'm letting myself hope they're adding some extra chapters other than a prologue, either DLC or something similar (we already know Alm and Celica amiibos unlock at least two special dungeons).

Even if they don't, I actually spent a decent amount of time playing Gaiden. Each chapter has several battles and you control two distinct armies. I also liked optimizing characters through grinding (a feature that was very innovative considering we're talking about a 1992 NES game) and thus did a lot of skirmishes in dungeons. Yeah, despite its flaws, I enjoyed Gaiden quite a lot.

With how each chapter has a decent amount of maps, plus the expanded dungeons, DLC, the expanded story and finally, the fact grinding will more than likely be encouraged like in OG Gaiden, I say the game will be fairly long. I don't think it will be as long as FEA or Fates but still fairly long. Like maybe 40+ hours?

Edited by Azz

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't see there being too much replay value. Small playable cast, low growths and the way promotion bonuses work means there won't be many ways to change things up playthrough from playthrough.

Each villager has 5 different promotion lines which adds a ton of replay value. You can even promote from dread fighter back to villager meaning that all units in the villager OR mercenary lines can have many different classes.