If Eirika and Ephraim's Routes were simultaneous, who would recruit who?

Jotari

Which characters would be recruited by which lords?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Seth

2. 2. Amelia

3. 3. Gerik, Tethys, Marisa and Ewan

4. 4. L'Arachel , Dozla and Rennac

5. 5. Cormag

On 4/25/2017 at 1:05 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Everyone really works better being recruited by Eirika, for the most part and from a story perspective anyway. I think Tana, Kyle and Forde for sure go with Ephraim, though.

Even Amelia and Duessel?

1 hour ago, Paper Jam said:

Even Amelia and Duessel?

Amelia kind of works for both though.

Duessel, however, definitely works better in being recruited by Ephraim, and so does Knoll.

Could do a thing where it depends how you split your army up.

Like, whichever route Joshua goes on, Marisa is recruited on the other. Whichever route Vanessa goes on, Tana is recruited on the other. etc.

I'd say everyone who joins before the route split goes with Eirika as well as Innes (bringing Gerik and Co. with him), Saleh (bringing Ewan with him), L'Arachel and Co., and Cormag.

Ephraim gets to keep Kyle and Forde as well as Tana, Duessel, Knoll, Myrrh, and Amelia.  Maybe have Franz, Garcia, and Natasha join for the sake of having a more even distribution of characters.  But it's still pretty biased in Eirika's favor.

Edited by The Geek

For me it's quite simple. Eirika's route should have more variety and Ephraim's should be a pain,like really hard. Because if he was able to capture a freaking castle with just 4 man,why can't he invade a kingdom with 10??

Ephraim,Kyle,Forde,Tana,Amelia,Duessel,Cormag,Knoll(Add a few more chpters before the routes joining again), a new healer and thief

It makes so much more sense for a lot of people to be recruited on Eirika's route. Innes fits on Eirika's path, so that automatically comes with Gerik, Tethys, Marisa and Ewan. Saleh has to take Eirika to Caer Paelyn. Joshua's plot is expanded on Eirika route, so Natasha is automatically locked in. Cormag wants revenge for his brother, so he would go find Eirika. Seth is very close to Eirika, and Franz would definitely go with Seth. L'Arachel is so important on Eirika route that she can't be pulled away.

For Ephraim, I think he should get Duessel, Knoll, Amelia for sure. Moulder and Vanessa would make sense, since they're Frelian soldiers. Tana should probably also go with Ephraim, since she has a crush on him. Garcia and Ross might go with them too, since they're warriors who want glory (Ross will talk Garcia into it anyway). Kyle and Forde are no-brainers.

Artur, Lute, Colm and Neimi can swing either way, though. Not too sure about them. I think I got everyone.

I think aside from plot important Seth, the preroute split characters would almost certainly be decided by the player. It's just a lot more beneficial in terms of gameplay.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It makes so much more sense for a lot of people to be recruited on Eirika's route. Innes fits on Eirika's path, so that automatically comes with Gerik, Tethys, Marisa and Ewan. Saleh has to take Eirika to Caer Paelyn. Joshua's plot is expanded on Eirika route, so Natasha is automatically locked in. Cormag wants revenge for his brother, so he would go find Eirika. Seth is very close to Eirika, and Franz would definitely go with Seth. L'Arachel is so important on Eirika route that she can't be pulled away.

For Ephraim, I think he should get Duessel, Knoll, Amelia for sure. Moulder and Vanessa would make sense, since they're Frelian soldiers. Tana should probably also go with Ephraim, since she has a crush on him. Garcia and Ross might go with them too, since they're warriors who want glory (Ross will talk Garcia into it anyway). Kyle and Forde are no-brainers.

Artur, Lute, Colm and Neimi can swing either way, though. Not too sure about them. I think I got everyone.

You forgot Rennac, who I think should be in the same route L'Arachael and Dozla are in.

Just now, Flee Fleet! said:

You forgot Rennac, who I think should be in the same route L'Arachael and Dozla are in.

I just got lazy and didn't type out Dozla and Rennac, since they're automatically tied to L'Arachel anyway. But yeah, he would be with Eirika.

I actually thought of making a similar topic not to long ago. 

Personally I think it makes a lot more sense for most units to go with Eirika.

L'Arachel seems far more interested in Eirika than in Ephraim so it would make sense for her to latch on to Eirika before Ephraim. Also when the two armies reunite L'Arachel Ephraim start by introducing themselves and that's what happens in both routes. I see that as an implication they are supposed to sit down for a real chat for the first time. Since Dozla is with his mistress he would join her too.

Remac may work better with Ephraim. Since he's pretty much fleeing from his very persistent boss it would be better for him to flee to Grado which is further away from L'arachel if she's with Eirika. 

Cormag's and Joshua's stories and actions are far more personal in Eirika's story so they work better in her tale.

Ewan has more prominence in Eirika's story while he's just there in that of Ephraim's. His master is locked into Eirika's route and a student would want to stay near his teacher. If Ewan is there then it would make sense for his big sister and in turn her boss to also be nearby.

Franz isn't exactly addressed as such but he's Eirika's first companion. He seems to dutiful to just leave her to go with Ephraim.

Tana can go either way. She's Eirika's best friend but I can also see her trying to impress her crush.

Gillian could chose for Ephraim. He's a knight and combat veteran so he might want to go serve on the actual war front rather then be part of an envoy. 

Kyle and Forde should also stick to their lord since they went through a lot together already. 

• 1 month later...

Seth - There is not much of a choice. He was ordered to guard Eirika while Ephraim went to tackle Grado.

Amelia - I think Ephraim works better. Saving her from Gheb.  Just like Ross works better for Eirika.

Gerik, Tethys, Marisa and Ewan - Eh, hard to say. I think both routes work but I find them better with Ephraim. Although... Ewan fits Eirika route better and the whole deal with Innes maybe as well. Hm.

L'Arachel , Dozla and Rennac - Eirika for sure. Encounters with Ephraim seem much more forced.

Cormag - Eirika again. Works better with the whole revenge deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 7:41 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amelia obviously goes Ephraim's route- she is shoehorned into Erika 9.

Cormag- I so want him to go Eph's because I like him fighting Grado directly with Duessel, but he definitely is better developed on Eri's.

L'Arachel and her allies seem more suited to Ephy's for me, but without her, how will Eri 13 end?

The Gerik Mercenaries are better suited for Eri no doubt about that.

Tana, she is better on Eph's but she has a case for Eri's too.

Seth, he could go either way, and I'd even let the player decide which way he goes (like every other pre-route character).

It'd be nice if you could decide who goes where as you play. Meaning Tana starts by getting captured at Rigwald, but once rescued, Eph can send her to Eri. And Erika would be able to do the same with Gerik's group.

Of course, splitting the pre-route group in half might result in the teams being a little too small. I mean Lute and Artur give two mages, Natasha and Moulder two healers, Vanessa plus soon to join Tana two fliers, Garcia and Ross two axers, and you have 4 cavs, but still, this seems too little. In a hypothetical remake of SS with route alternation (with the player being able to choose who of Eph and Eri is the star in the end) I'd add some additional characters to fill things out a bit. At the least I'd add someone who could advise the lord who doesn't get Seth.

And I'll agree, Eri's route is the weaker one plot-wise.

Seth is basically Eirika's retainer and love interest, so Seth would go with Eirika, Forde and Kyle would definitely go with Ephraim