Building your future team?

Ewwgene

My planned/hoped for team was some combination of m!Robin, a!Tiki, Lyn, Ephraim, and Camilla. I've gotten half of those though so now I'm just hoping to build something around Tiki eventually. 

Edited by BANRYU

Though her time has passed, with everyone focusing instead on a certain green-haired horse lady, it's always been my dream to eventually build a perfect Nino-centered team. As of today, I finally have a new +Spd, -Def Nino (I've been trying to pull for Nino for so long), so I now have all the prerequisite units :D Now I just need enough feathers to 5* everyone (really just need 42k more feathers for Eirika and Nino).

I do also eventually plan on having all of the Askr trio 5*ed and on a team, but they're a more long-term project. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Though her time has passed, with everyone focusing instead on a certain green-haired horse lady, it's always been my dream to eventually build a perfect Nino-centered team. As of today, I finally have a new +Spd, -Def Nino (I've been trying to pull for Nino for so long), so I now have all the prerequisite units :D Now I just need enough feathers to 5* everyone (really just need 42k more feathers for Eirika and Nino).

I do also eventually plan on having all of the Askr trio 5*ed and on a team, but they're a more long-term project. 

I'm curious, what units make up your perfect Nino centered team?

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

I'm curious, what units make up your perfect Nino centered team?

It's a pretty standard setup: Nino, Eirika, Ninian, filler (if I use this team in Arena it'll just be a bonus hero). Ninian comes with Fortify Def, so if I give Eirika Rally Res, I'll be able to buff all four stats. 

It's been done many times before, but it's just something I've always wanted to try myself. Mostly because I really love Nino as a character and just want to make her shine (of course, other teammate suggestions are more than welcome). 

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's a pretty standard setup: Nino, Eirika, Ninian, filler (if I use this team in Arena it'll just be a bonus hero). Ninian comes with Fortify Def, so if I give Eirika Rally Res, I'll be able to buff all four stats. 

It's been done many times before, but it's just something I've always wanted to try myself. Mostly because I really love Nino as a character and just want to make her shine (of course, other teammate suggestions are more than welcome). 

Wouldn't you rather have Rally Attack, since Nino doesn't get the benefit from her own Hone Attack?  IIRC, it's a 2 MT difference (thanks Sieglinde), but if you're at a level where +Spd matters, I'd imagine the extra damage would, too.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Wouldn't you rather have Rally Attack, since Nino doesn't get the benefit from her own Hone Attack?  IIRC, it's a 2 MT difference (thanks Sieglinde), but if you're at a level where +Spd matters, I'd imagine the extra damage would, too.

It would, of course, be optimal to have the full +4 across the board, but with the limited team space I have, I think +3 Atk and +4 Spd/Def/Res is the most optimal setup for me (unless I get Hone Atk on my 4th member, which I very well may). 

I admittedly haven't done too many calculations just yet, but I don't think there are any real threats to my team that +2 damage would make much of a difference on. This is especially true if I manage to get Desperation onto Nino, letting her hit twice before any retaliation (assuming I'm faster, which is what the +Spd helps with). I'm not sure there's a unit in this game that survives two direct hits from a buffed up Nino. 

In all likelihood, I'll just have the fourth unit be someone that covers the rest of whatever isn't covered by Nino already. 

I really like my team of Ryoma/Nino/Dancer/X, and Ryoma's already my favorite character, so there's that. I had Ryoma/Takumi/Robin/Olivia before, but it had some trouble with magical blues. I brought in Nino after I ran some calcs and saw how hard she destroys basically all of Ryoma's counters, and in return Ryoma + Olivia is a free 12 damage for Nino. It's pretty mutually beneficial. X denotes a bonus unit, and ones that have played well with my team are Sully, Reinhardt, and a Jaffar I specifically built as a Nino support.

I would like to build a team around Ayra at some point, but it'll be hard to say who I'd like to put her with without knowing how she plays.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm definitely waiting on Tana, Elincia and Ishtar. What kind of unit I supplement them with depends on whether Tana gets lances or swords (and to a lesser extent whether Elincia gets swords or staves, but her position on the team is much more precarious without staves).

If Tana uses lances, then I'll probably want some red unit to counter greens. If Tana uses swords, then it'll probably be in my better interest to bring a green.

(All of this assumes Ishtar uses blue tomes, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that).

As for who this final unit might be? I don't honestly know... I'd like for my team to be entirely made out of units I voted for, and I don't see any potential greens (aside from Lute, who stands a chance of using green tomes with Excalibur). At the very least, I've got Mist and Elena as backup healers if Elincia is out (and hey, no competiton for the Iote's Shield there).
(Slightly unrelated, but I just realised six characters I've voted for are in the game and I only have one of them... I feel slightly worse about my luck now.)

I'm waiting for Hone Dragons to become a thing so that a truly all-dragon team might actually be super-buffed enough to be viable. Goad/Ward Dragon would also be appreciated, although I'm holding my breath for that. Currently have Y!Tiki/Nowi/Ninian which I'm quite happy with, although I do want to pull a better Ninian. For my last team member on this hypothetical team... I'm kind of hoping Idunn is released as a Green Dragon or something, just because she looks cute and her dragon form is really (In the good way) sick. Also hoping for Manakete Roy to one day become a thing, although I realize that's really unlikely. I'm also waiting on Nagi, although she's probably going to be a Red like Y!Tiki and I'm not sure if I want to replace her.

Also waiting on the Choose Your Legend Lucina and Roy, and if they're good enough, I might build a team around them. 

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Ideally, I would want to build my team using the following characters.

Slot 1

Spoiler

+Def/-HP Lyn

+Atk/-HP Eirika

+Def/-HP Lucina

+Atk or +Spd/-HP Tharja

+Spd/-HP Lilina

+Atk/-HP Caeda

+Def/-HP Naga's Voice Tiki

+Def/-HP Dragon Scion Tiki

Slot 2

Spoiler

Sharena

+Atk or +Spd/-HP Cordelia

+Res/-HP Catria

+Def/-HP Linde

Ursula

+Atk/-HP Fateful Princess Corrin

+Def/-HP Hinoka

Slot 3 

Spoiler

Anna

+Res/-HP Nino

+HP/-Res Camilla

+Atk or +Spd/-Res Kagero

+Atk/-Def Cecilia

Mystery Tactician Robin

+Spd/-HP Julia

+Def/-HP Setsuna

Slot 4: 

Spoiler

+HP/-Atk Olivia

+Atk/-HP Ninian

+HP/-Def Azura

+Spd/-Atk Lissa

Unreleased characters I would be interested in having in a team:

Spoiler

CYL Lyn

CYL Lucina

Elincia

Micaiah

Celica

Deirdre

Nanna

Katarina

Female Kris

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm thinking of a trio of Y!Tiki (since I've already invested in her with skills like Swordbreaker and stuff), M!Robin (he has T. Adept 3), and Michalis (to replace Camilla), with the fourth being filler, but I'm not sure if that's a good trio to work with.

I need Ike, Elincia, and Kieran for a team. :( Fourth slot could be Frederick, Ryoma, Sain, or another fav. I'd also like an OTP team or two with Ike + Elincia, Frederick + female Robin, Kieran + Marcia, and Sain + Fiora.

Unfortunately, I think only one of the unreleased characters is anywhere close to coming out:

Roy(Potentially CYL)

Celica/Severa

Nephenee

Miledy

I've got Roy, at least, and I'm trying to mold him as close to his FE6/A appearance as possible. I'll be able to do the same with Nephenee, though I'll need a Wrath replacement, and Severa. Outside of Iote's Shield, no odea what I'd give Miledy.

. . .and with my recent pulls, it looks like I'm doing an all-cavalier team, starring Leo.  I have a ton of things I need to inherit, but assuming I get all the pieces, it will be:

- Leo
- Priscilla
- Abel
- Frederick

Leo will need a -blade tome, a repositioning skill, a better proc (like Dragonic Aura), Ward Cavalry in place of Savage Blow (I know Savage Blow is amazing, but the point is a team full of ridiculous buffs) and probably Life or Death to amp his damage further and give him a shot in hell of doubling things.  Priscilla will need Jagen's Fortify Cavalry, so that Abel can tank a hit (hopefully).  Abel will definitely want Goad Cavalry (sorry Reinhardt), because he shouldn't need to do crazy amounts of damage after Leo's attack, and will most likely end his turn next to Leo.  Frederick will inherit Gunter's weapon and skills, and be used as a physical wall.  "But why not Gunter?"  Because Frederick starts out with one more base Speed.

Team 1: Ryoma, Kagero, (Frederick, Cherche)

Team 2: (Cormag, Vanessa), Glen, Syrene

Team 3: Linus, Lucia, MRobin, Tharja

Team 4: Saizo, Setsuna, Zelgius, Sigrun

Team 5: Some Broken Team Based on Tier List

( ) is more or less interchangeable.
Yea ... so much gender equality in these team list.
Obv Xander Charlotte ... if more team permits.
I cannot find likeable mage ... in the FE World... other than a few.. btu unfortunataly didnt make the cut (or Cecilia case... shes too weak)

I need to find some freaking way to buff Saizo

Edited by Ryuke