Gaiden Spell Bits

Dismissed

So I dissected the "Magic Spell" bytes of the characters into bits and found out each bit corresponds to a spell. For example:

This example will have the character start with Excalibur, Thunder and Fire, from left to right.

If it was 01101100, it would be Aura, Arrow, Angel and Rainarok, from left to right.

For the two clerics, it's 00000101, or 0x05. So it should be Fire and Rainarok, right? Nope, I think Clerics have a different list. The first bit on the right is Heal, while third from the right is Nosferatu. Between those two is Physic. I think Angel is the first byte on the left, and its Mage line equivalent is Heal, as both are learnt when promoted, and both Norma and Teeta have the first bit checked. But the first bits checked only works on promoted casters. Using it on Mages will jumble the words up.

So let's recap the bits from right to left:

Mages: Fire Thunder Rainarok Angel Excalibur Arrow Aura & Heal

Clerics: Heal Physic Nosferatu Warp Fortify Illusion Dear Angel

Now my question is, is there any way to edit what spells the characters learn? Any way to change promotions? To be honest, I really want to see a spell-casting Alm.

I haven't done any FE2 stuff but if those bit flags are taking up the same byte in the character data, there must be some kind of flag somewhere, possibly in the class data indicating what they can have with that byte

On 25/03/2017 at 3:13 AM, Purple Mage said:

Now my question is, is there any way to edit what spells the characters learn?

oh and as a side note there may be a table for said abilities much like how skills are determined in FE4, you may be able to use one of my skill table editors as a reference to search for something

for promotions they are most likely handled by class data unless there are characters of the same class promoting to different things, then they would be by character data

with villagers being involved it's much more likely promotions are in class data but villagers might then get their own space somewhere else due to their branching

Edited by Lamia

Thank you very much.

15 hours ago, Lamia said:

for promotions they are most likely handled by class data unless there are characters of the same class promoting to different things, then they would be by character data

with villagers being involved it's much more likely promotions are in class data but villagers might then get their own space somewhere else due to their branching

Well, the class data module has no byte for promotions.