The Official Danganronpa Forum game- game has began, so no one else can join now.

Flee Fleet!

HEYO. I'm the host of the game, duh.

Danganronpa is a game where some students with ultimate talents get trapped in a school and are forced by Monokuma to either kill each other or stay in the school forever.

Currently, I want 15 people to join the game. The first 15 people to write /join (yes, there must be a slash and it must be bold) are in the game, and maybe 2 backups would be fine as well, in case anyone becomes inactive. When joining, you should mention your ultimate talent (hopefully something that isn't game breaking, otherwise I can deny your entry into the game, lol), and a choice between the colours Green or Orange. Having an ultimate talent means you could possibly have some skills, or advantages/disadvantages that could either help you, or screw you over, in doing certain things (such as the ultimate pianist being able to play the piano perfectly e.t.c.). I will PM you your skills e.t.c. You need to choose a colour as there will be some rooms in the school building that can only be accessed by one type of coloured people (such as a living room only accessible by the Green people).

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer in making maps for the school building, be my guest, otherwise I can either do it myself or just use the maps from the first game in the series. 

Also, a separate thread for the game will be made once 15 people /join. I will inform the players, as well as the backups, about the new thread.

HERE ARE THE RULES! READ THEM:

Spoiler

1. There will no posting (once the official game starts that is) in the thread unless I allow it.

2. The game has four phases: The wandering phase, where you can explore the school and murder others; the investigation phase to find clues in order to catch the murderer; the trial phase (whose rules I'll give once an actual trial actually happens), where you must get the killer executed; and the intermission phase  which happens right after a trial, where you guys can relax and post anything you want. Dead players and the "blackened" (killers) are also allowed to talk. During this phase I'll also be preparing a new map e.t.c. you get the gist.

3. Killing is only allowed when I say so, therefore students can have the time to explore the school area without any sort of threat or danger from someone. 

4. NO EDITING OF POSTS

5. The wandering phase has a day and night cycle. Due to timezones always screwing people up, each day and night lasts for 2 days. If you guys can think of a better time to end days and nights, do tell.

6. Actions can only be performed through PM (except during investigation phase). All PMs sent to me should start with [DR FORUM GAME], so I know that it's a player PMing me.

7. Anyone who is not active for at least 3 days will be assumed as being inactive and shall be replaced. I'll keep in mind to give a warning to anyone who is inactive for at least 2 days.

8. You are not allowed to wander during nighttime. While you can actually ignore this rule and walk around aimlessly, anyone else who sees you doing so shall immediately report to me about it, upon which I'll send you to your room and keep the door locked until daytime comes around.

9. Every player has 3 evidence slots during investigation phase. You can use them in the trial if you want.

10. Using direct quotes from any PM will result in immediate expulsion.

11. You can talk to others secretly through PM, however to send a PM to someone else, it first must go through me.

12. The game ends when only two players are left or if the killer gets away through trial. However, an exception to this rule will be made to the first trial if the killer gets away (I'd rather not make this a really short game). Instead, I'll think of a different reward for the killer who gets away in the first trial. If anyone has any ideas, do tell.

13. A maximum of only two people can be killed by one person. Any more than that, and you're out of the game.

14. Alliances in murders are allowed, but only the killer will graduate.

15. If some real life situation comes where a player will become inactive in the site, do inform me, so I can immediately have you replaced.

16. Trying to kill Monokuma AKA me, the host, will get you impaled by a spear.

17. I am a clumsy person. There is a chance that I can mess up PMs, or forget to respond to other PMs, e.t.c. If such cases happen, you MUST inform me or correct me.

18. If there is a chance that I myself become inactive, I will have someone else replace me as host (most likely dead players will do the job, if a trial does happen by the time I become inactive)

19. Be nice to each other, unless you're stabbing someone or hitting someone. I mean, actions don't equal to words, right? Right.

20. There is a possible chance that new rules can be added during the game. Keep that in mind.

If anyone thinks additional rules should be added right now, immediately tell me in this thread, and I will consider whether to add them or not.

And here is a little reminder:

Write /join. Read ALL the rules.

EDIT:

currently joined ultimates:

1. OrangePerson- The Ultimate "Secret Keeper". Colour : Orange.

2. Leona- The Ultimate "Fading into the Background". Colour: Green.

3. Corrobin- The Ultimate "Seeker". Color: Orange.

4. umerol- The Ultimate "Ultimate Scientist". Color: Green.

5. Clarinets- The Ultimate "Clarinetist". Color: Green.

6. KoumaI8- The Ultimate "Whistler". Color: Orange.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

I really like Danganronpa so why not?

/join /color=Orange (Is this how I choose the color?)

Talent: Ultimate Secret Keeper (As you can see, I don't have many ideas)

Uh now I don't know, is this where I write my biography? If you need more information, please ask :D

32 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

I really like Danganronpa so why not?

/join /color=Orange (Is this how I choose the color?)

Talent: Ultimate Secret Keeper (As you can see, I don't have many ideas)

Uh now I don't know, is this where I write my biography? If you need more information, please ask :D

You can choose the colour anyway you want. You can write in the appropriate font color or just have it bold and I just noticed I messed up the font color tags in my post, lol.

You can give a little description of yourself if you want, but it's not really necessary. So, yeah, it's your choice.

EDIT: Due to some people like myself using the Night Forest theme for SF, it sort of makes it difficult to read green text. Therefore, should I change the colour green with some other lighter colour, or is green fine? Do tell.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

1 minute ago, Leona said:

/join

I choose green

My ultimate talent is fading into the background

describe your talent a bit please (so as to make it easier for me to write skill for you)

Well, I'm a very stealthy person. It's easy for me to go unnoticed >.>

I don't know how danganronpa works so I don't really know what you need but this seems clear enough to me

1 minute ago, Leona said:

Well, I'm a very stealthy person. It's easy for me to go unnoticed >.>

I don't know how danganronpa works so I don't really know what you need but this seems clear enough to me

ok, got it.

Talents are supposed to help in doing certain things in a more efficient way, such as in murdering people. However, talents can give you disadvantages as well. For example, if you are the ultimate illiterate, you cannot read anything or write anything e.t.c. you get the gist. If I don't understand how some talents would work, like in your case, I'll ask about it immediately in order to make up some skills and e.t.c. for players.

Well, for example, it would probably be more difficult for a potential murderer to find me with this skill, and it would make it easier to sneak up on someone

I don't know if that sounds too OP

15 minutes ago, Leona said:

Well, for example, it would probably be more difficult for a potential murderer to find me with this skill, and it would make it easier to sneak up on someone

I don't know if that sounds too OP

um, well, I was the one who was gonna come up with the skills, but thanks for stating anyways.

Nah, this doesn't sound too OP, I think it will work. There's also a possible chance a potential murderer or your target might have a talent that may offset your skill.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

/join /color=Orange

Talent: Ultimate Seeker (I'm pretty observant).

Edited by Corrobin

3 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

Can colors be repeated?

Hm? I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you want to change your color right now, go ahead, and I'll edit my first post.

Or did you mean something else?

15 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

I mean Corrobin up there wanted his color to be Orange, but I also want my color to be orange. What do we do now?

Uh, there are only two colours to choose from, so it doesn't matter. So, yes, it can be repeated.

22 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Would Ultimate Searcher or Finder make more sense?

Ultimate Seeker is fine enough, and you also described that you are very observant, so I know what kind of skills I can make according to your talent. If you want, however, to change your talent's name, now's your chance.

1. So what do we PM (either to you or to other players) and what do we post in the upcoming game thread?

2. How, in general, will trials work? How are you going to make Non-Stop Debates work in this kind of format?

3. Let's say something similar to DR1's chapter three, but instead of...

Spoiler

The Celeste in this situation killing the Hifumi, they kill someone else.

Would this be possible, and if so, how would the blackened state work?

4. If I'm not the killer but I'm the first person to see it, can I tamper with the crime scene?

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

1. So what do we PM (either to you or to other players) and what do we post in the upcoming game thread?

2. How, in general, will trials work? How are you going to make Non-Stop Debates work in this kind of format?

3. Let's say something similar to DR1's chapter three, but instead of...

Reveal hidden contents

The Celeste in this situation killing the Hifumi, they kill someone else.

Would this be possible, and if so, how would the blackened state work?

4. If I'm not the killer but I'm the first person to see it, can I tamper with the crime scene?

1. You are to PM actions under the title of [DR FORUM GAME] so I know it's one of the players PMing me. By actions, you can do multiple things, such as killing, giving, taking, walking, searching e.t.c. During the wandering phase, you have to PM me actions to do anything. However, there will be some rooms, such as the gym, or dining room, where you can post in the thread. You can possibly give results about your searches during wandering phase, such as finding something in a storage room, or maybe even finding another player's body. Or you could just say random things. You can also PM me questions during the game.

During investigation phase, everyone must co operate to find the killer. Therefore, anyone is allowed to post in the thread regardless of where their current location is in the game. Any action you want to do and post in the thread, they must start with /action. You can still PM me actions, however in this phase, they will be considered secret actions.

You can PM to others about anything but the PM must first go through me (if they are concerning with this game). You can maybe PM to others about making an alliance with them and e.t.c.

2. Trials will work like a normal debate. Everyone has to discuss, using their evidence, to determine who the killer is. Basically, you all have to make arguments, like in a mafia game. Evidence slots can be used, but they mainly work as proof and reminders. You are to vote someone you think is the killer. If the majority of votes go to a certain person, they will be either executed if they're the blackened, or will result in all of you dying if they weren't the killer (and thus, the actual killer wins the game this way).

Further rules will later be provided later.

3. Yeah, I was actually thinking about how to make this work. If such a case happens, I thought we could split up the students, making two groups (each one containing the killer). One group investigates the first murder, the other group investigates the second murder. But the problem is that once there will be few students, it would be harder to split the groups, or a group will just have a really low number of people.

It could be that I could have separate trials, but if anyone has any better idea, do tell.

4. Sure why not, but remember, tampering the crime scene makes it all the more difficult to find the killer.

Thanks for that.

1. Should we have game names (normal ones like Jack, Angela, Ryan, etc.) so we don't have to refer to each other by screen names?

2. Are you going to give us something similar to the Monokuma files when we are investigating?

3. How much interference will you-as-Monokuma have over us-as-students? Will you actively hinder our progress during investigations (Monokuma has a habit of deliberately withholding information from Monokuma files).

50 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Thanks for that.

1. Should we have game names (normal ones like Jack, Angela, Ryan, etc.) so we don't have to refer to each other by screen names?

2. Are you going to give us something similar to the Monokuma files when we are investigating?

3. How much interference will you-as-Monokuma have over us-as-students? Will you actively hinder our progress during investigations (Monokuma has a habit of deliberately withholding information from Monokuma files).

1. I actually thought about that, and saw some other DR forum games do it, but I don't think it's really necessary and might cause a bit of confusion on who's who. Besides, I think most would refer to each other by screen names. 

Although if people want to have game names and maybe even do some role playing, I won't mind. 

2. Yes, sort of. I'm just going to give the name and talent of the dead person. The rest, you have to investigate for yourself. 

3. I, Monokuma, shall not interfere with investigations. However once a body has been discovered by at least three people (that's when I'll give the body announcement), there shall be no tampering with the evidence and crime scene (by the killer or anyone else. It would be difficult to do anyways). If someone tries to, I'll give them a punch to the face.

In fact, if anyone has to tamper with evidence and crime scene, they have to do it before the body discovery announcement. This is one of the limits of trying to kill someone and getting away with it in this game, successfully.

During the wandering and investigation phase, any sort of action that may cause insta death (such as going into a room that doesn't match your color), I will prevent you from doing so.

Questions:

1- How will we find "evidence", for that we will prob need a description of the body, or will the killer send the evidence to you?

2- Could you explain better the day and night cycle? Like everyday time lasts 2 days?

Suggestions:

1- I think the whole students should be together. BUT, so the game does not end early, if the students fail to execute the killer, the killer could  graduate, but instead of executing everybody else, the killer could pick one person to be executed, and by doing so, the game keeps going on.