Snippet from new Nintendo Dream [two new screens]

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

I hope it's not Zeke, because it might mean they're retconning Zeke's identity. If it is Zeke, I hope it's just a glorious redesign ^^

yeah, this is something I was really afraid of when people were saying that guy in the trailer might be zeke

i really, really hope they don't make zeke someone else that'd be super boring

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Was that Silque with a bucket on her head in one of the screenshots, or is that part of her headdress? It's hard to see.

Also, Leon portrait doesn't match his artwork. Promotion changes confirmed?! Has my dream finally come true?!

Also, were any new mechanics introduced in any of the screenshots, or is it just old news? 

I wouldn't necessarily say Leon's portrait doesn't match his artwork. It could be that since we only see Leon in a side angle that the armor part on his left shoulder just isn't visible in his artwork. Unless there are other parts of his portrait that are different. (I only glanced quickly)

12 minutes ago, KazeNinja17 said:

I wouldn't necessarily say Leon's portrait doesn't match his artwork. It could be that since we only see Leon in a side angle that the armor part on his left shoulder just isn't visible in his artwork. Unless there are other parts of his portrait that are different. (I only glanced quickly)

No you're right, only Alm and Celica will be the only units to get portrait changes in this game. Leon probably does have that left shoulder pauldron in his base Archer class. 

What a shame! This would have been the perfect game to add portrait changes since the cast is so small and reclassing isn't a thing. I just don't get why the art team can't take a unit's base portrait and modify it to match the unit's new outfit. Ugh.

Edited by Leif

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

No you're right, only Alm and Celica will be the only units to get portrait changes in this game. Leon probably does have that left shoulder pauldron in his base Archer class. 

What a shame! This would have been the perfect game to add portrait changes since the cast is so small and reclassing isn't a thing. I just don't get why the art team can't take a unit's base portrait and modify it to match the unit's new outfit. Ugh.

It is a shame that the character portraits don't change when the unit promotes. Though, that might also be due to the villagers being able to promote to a few classes, so it would be a hassle to redesign the portraits based on that.

13 hours ago, Leif said:

I looked carefully at both Leon's portraits though (artwork and screenshot) and still think the outfit is different. It's true that we only see Leon in a side angle, but in the screenshot from Nintendo Dream he also has an armor on his chest (which would be the Sniper outfit, also seen in PAX footage) that doesn't seem to be there in his official artwork. Furthermore, his official artwork outfit resembles very closley that of the base Archer class (that we saw on Tobin being reclassed as an Archer), which is also Leon's starting class in the original Gaiden.

15 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I hope it's not Zeke, because it might mean they're retconning Zeke's identity. If it is Zeke, I hope it's just a glorious redesign ^^

I'm sorry but you can't say this is a "Retcon"... Remember "The Outrealms", the concept of "Retcon" doesn't exist in the Multiverse of FE.

18 minutes ago, Nihilzar said:

I'm sorry but you can't say this is a "Retcon"... Remember "The Outrealms", the concept of "Retcon" doesn't exist in the Multiverse of FE.

You're not wrong, but there is always a "flow" between related universes.

For example, the worlds of Binding Blade and Blazing Blade can be considered separate, but the events of Blazing Blade always flow into Binding Blade. If they suddenly remade Blazing Blade and made it so Eliwood never existed, that would be in-universe for Blazing Blade, but it would mess up the events of Binding Blade.

Zeke is less important in comparison, but he's still a tangible string tying Gaiden with Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. If they changed his backstory in Echoes, it would alter the flow of Mystery of the Emblem and arguably Shadow Dragon.

So far, IS has been careful not to disrupt the flow when remaking games. Shadow Dragon added some new characters, but they had no plot significance. New Mystery added Kris, but he/she was relegated to Marth's shadows and erased from the history of Archanea.

The thing is, going by the above argument, Zeke doesn't *have* to be Camus in Echoes, which is the main concern for us. In terms of the overall plot, it wouldn't matter, but it would belittle Camus's character somewhat IMHO.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:54 PM, Leif said:

And free roam in towns. Don't forget that.

So that's Nomah in that picture next to Celica? I'm going to go against the grain and say that it's not good. The beard looks fake and like something a kid would wear in a school play. It doesn't look like it even covers his mouth.

I've noticed this among some artists where everyone they draw is so pretty. When it comes to someone more masculine, they don't look that great. Example: Hannibal in the Nea Fuyuki Genealogy manga. He went from a large intimidating beast with a thick full beard to an emaciated frog with a spindly Fu Manchu.

Anyway, that's just a pet peeve of mine. I'll hold my reservations until we get a better picture of him.