A Delayed Introduction from a Familiar Stranger

Taxon

So, I've been knocking about for a while now but it only recently occurred to me that I ought to actually introduce myself. Figured it was better late than never, hence thread.

*Ahem* so then, I'm Taxon. A long time fan of role playing games like Final Fantasy and Dark Souls but a relatively new Fire Emblem fan. My first experience with the Fire Emblem franchise was way back when the nintendo 3DS launched. Anybody remember the nintendo 3DS ambassador program? People who purchased a 3DS prior to its price drop would receive a few free games as compensation. One of these titles was Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I remember playing a couple of hours of that game and really enjoying it, but due to real life commitments I didn't really have the time to play through it properly. By the time my schedule cleared up I had forgotten my place in the story and most of the game mechanics, but I was also not keen on starting the whole thing again so I never ended up finishing it. I didn't really take much of an interest in the series for a while after that since so many other games had my attention. It only caught my eye again after the release of Super Smash Brothers 4. I absolutely loved the design of Robin, who ended up becoming my main, so I decided to look into his original game. As it turns out, Robin wasn't nearly as interesting as I thought he would be, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of what Awakening had to offer. Since Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played through to completion, I tend to consider it as my first Fire Emblem even though I technically played The Sacred Stones first. From what I've heard, the quality of storytelling and character design in Awakening and Fates is vastly inferior to that of previous games (which wasn't a massive shock to be honest) so I'd love to go back and play some of the older titles. Any recommendations? The Sacred Stones is obviously next on my list once I am done with Fates, since it's still installed on my 3DS. Not sure which one to try after that though.

Oh, also, while I've got your attention... I'd like to try my hand and making some OC's in the style of Fire Emblem units. I was wondering if there was a thread dedicated to that kind of thing floating about. I know that threads like this have existed ("You in Fire Emblem Awakening" "Create a Self-Insert Character [Fates]" "Create-A-Hero Thread [Heroes]") but due to necroposting rules these are mostly inaccessible. Is there an active thread still going along these lines, or will I need to go and start a new one in the creative section?

Anyways, I've enjoyed my stay here thus far and hope to continue. ;D

1. Get through Sacred Stones first, so you're familiar with some of the older tactics (rescue-dropping, support limits, etc.).  Then, go get Blazing Sword (FE7).  Story's better than the newer entries, and it'll introduce a lot of familiar faces.  After that, the Tellius saga (will probably have to emulate this, don't ask us where to get the ROMs), for more focus on characters/story, and what Fates could've been.

2. If it's just a showcase of OC units in FE, that's Creative, BUT it's only for you to answer, and you'll be able to include characters from multiple games.  If you want input from others, that's in whatever game's subforum, BUT don't create a bunch of 'em, for the sake of my sanity.

Anyway, don't forget to reread the rules and all~!

Welcome to the Forest, Taxon!

Eclipse said it all but just for the sake of it. I highly recommend you to go for the two other GBA title (FE7 and FE6). And yeah, feel free to share some OC on the Creative thread.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

On 3/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, eclipse said:

1. Get through Sacred Stones first, so you're familiar with some of the older tactics (rescue-dropping, support limits, etc.).  Then, go get Blazing Sword (FE7).  Story's better than the newer entries, and it'll introduce a lot of familiar faces.  After that, the Tellius saga (will probably have to emulate this, don't ask us where to get the ROMs), for more focus on characters/story, and what Fates could've been.

TY *screen cap*

On 3/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, eclipse said:

2. If it's just a showcase of OC units in FE, that's Creative, BUT it's only for you to answer, and you'll be able to include characters from multiple games.  If you want input from others, that's in whatever game's subforum, BUT don't create a bunch of 'em, for the sake of my sanity.

Right, I'll either start a new thread in the Awakening forum or just write up a short story in creative one of these days.

On 3/26/2017 at 1:05 PM, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Taxon!

Eclipse said it all but just for the sake of it. I highly recommend you to go for the two other GBA title (FE7 and FE6). And yeah, feel free to share some OC on the Creative thread.

Have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!

Also TY!