Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics (WOTL): The Nadir of Videogames

Parrhesia

Haha, Hashmal doesn't get to show all of his ugly mug on the sheet. He doesn't deserve it anyway.

God, what kind of bullshit ending. I know I would've been disappointed if I had bought that game, struggled through it and then got that "ending".

Great LP, though. I'm already looking forward to Knights of Lodis. I've tried to play it once or twice, but for some reason it just never managed to make me play it for more than an hour.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2017 at 2:27 PM, Parrhesia said:

6bfc5d2e0432a86747e5fcd9183ae5d1.png
And this. This 420 damage.

death by stoning; how very biblical

On 5/14/2017 at 3:37 PM, Parrhesia said:

They all still followed to the mysterious hidden Necrohol which exploded. Cid dies regardless of whether or not he was deployed, so everyone else likely does as well.

why do we think that cid died? his grave? they 'buried' alma as well... 

(so basically it was orran hallucinating)

I appreciate FFT's ambition and aesthetic more than FFT itself; unlike FFTA and FFTA2 the protagonist is, for the most part, doing what he considers to be The Right Thing on a pretty large scale, rather than just doing his own thing and getting occasionally antagonized by the mafia (FFTA2), or "idk about you guys, but I just want to go home" (FFTA). We get glimpses of geopolitics and maneuvering and whatnot in A2, which is nice, but I appreciate at least the attempt to focus that. I think that the core of its plot could turn into something really cool with a pretty extensive rewrite of details, which is not something that I would say about A2.

Execution failed and turned out to be basically a worse TO, but ¯\_()_

I consider it a kinda weird middle ground between TO and the Tactics Advance games; it's got some engine improvements on TO, but still way worse than FFTA/2, and the overall narrative / ambition is greater than A/2 but executed worse than TO.

Last thing: do you get to keep the Ragnarok that Hashmal drops in postgame? My recollection is that you don't...?

It looks like postgame is just like. 'It gives you New Game + status or whatever', so if you want to go around the map you'd need to load a save from before entering Final Orbonne, and thus before you get the Ragnarok.