StarCraft: Brood War Remastered

Wist

The patch has been delayed. But Blizzard has launched a public beta. Anyone interested in a match?

I've been using the name lyscalibur on the US server. But I'll happily play on another server if anyone's interested.

Edited by Wist
Added second paragraph

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Been pretty much no info since it was announced (well, it is a remaster after all), but it has been announced to be released August 14th.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/hands-on-with-starcraft-remastered-ahead-of-its-august-14-launch-for-15/

Sweet, thats sooner than I expected tbh.

• 1 month later...

The menu was extremely laggy and it crashed when I tried to view the Intro for nostalgia lmao

That said, the servers were hella overloaded, and there's already been a patch. Loaded it up again after the patch and it's running smoothly.

Heads-up that when you head into the campaign, it looks like a loading screen? It isn't. Click through it.

Thaaaat said it's a bit bizarre that the HUD takes up so much of the screen, and that there's not more... room, to see shit. I keep trying to scroll out. Still, at least it's wider than before...

wait what

you still can't select more than 12 guys, or multiple buildings? I felt sure they fixed that in the trailers but maybe I was imagining things??? bizarre

actual former top 300ish player haru 'haru' doku points out that selecting >12 guys is kind of gamebreaking as it stands tbf but I still swear to God I saw a screenshot of it.

Edited by Parrhesia

lmao nice blizzard

(though i do understand the frustration with not being able to easily select more than 12 units at once)

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I hate to admit it but I don't actually know how to purchase this game. There doesn't seem to be a physical release and without that I don't actually know how to buy Blizzard games these days.

they just have the blizzard store afaik

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/starcraft-remastered (or equivalent US store)

Edited by Tryhard

I was enjoying playing until Remastered came out. Updated to find the latest patched version no longer runs in Wine. 8[

Suppose I'm busy the next two weeks though anyways. But afterwards, assuming I get it running again, I'd love to play some games (ladder, melee, FFA, UMS, whatever) with anyone here who's interested.