Strategy: in light of lunatic level quests

Humbug

Hey everybody.

In light of my recent failure to complete the lunatic level chapter 9 quests (this is my first fire emblem game and the whole tactics game style is not one I'm that used to)

I considered posting in the question threads here and on reddit to get help specifically with my hero pool, but I believe there might be a larger pool of the player base encountering the same problems. For that reason I thought it may be worthy of its own topic, much like GHBs are (I'm aware you can just use light's blessing for these quests, but for some of us that won't be a possibility)

So if anyone has tips/tricks, hero ideas and (/or) full strategies for chapter 9-1 through 5, this is a place to share them.

I can't add much, still stuck on 9-3, but I will say that while 9-1 wasn't very hard, 9-2 I would suggest using either "effective v armour"-units with high def or dragons (along with the staff user.)

(After many tries, RIP stamina) I went with Cherche(4*), F!Corrin(4*), Y!Tiki (5*) and Wrys(4*) in that order, moved everyone forward one tile (to avoid the staff user moving in front of the armours and messing up my positioning) and Wrys to the back of F!Corrin. From that point it was pretty much just a cleanup while keeping my units healthy and away from WT disadvantage (although I finished off 7 HP red armour with Cherche to move F!Corrin away from the green armour that would hit her next turn). Rehabilitate on Wrys was important in this match to then heal Cherche to full from the hurt the staff user puts on her.

I'm sure any advice you can share will help people like me tremendously :)

Longtime lurker (well, since heroes started anyway), first post, hey everybody!

(Don't kill me if there's another post like this, I went through the pages until I felt like I'd passed when the lunatic quests were introduced)

1 hour ago, Suichimo said:

Have you bought your 3 Light's Blessings yet? Just as well, how many do you have? You can easily brute force all of these with them.

This was more intended to be a "no light's blessing" kinda thread as (I think) these missions are fairly easy with light's blessing :)

9-3 used to be one of the toughest missions for me, but it turns out promoting Michalis to 5* was an excellent choice as he destroys that map. I recommend a high strength green flier that can OHKO the green mage cavalier and Ursula, and a dancer.

My strategy was to bait the sword and green tome cavaliers with a sword unit (Lyn), then have Michalis kill the green cav, then dance him and kill Ursula. Lyn finishes off the red cav, and the knights were easily picked off by Lilina (any mage will do)

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

This was more intended to be a "no light's blessing" kinda thread as (I think) these missions are fairly easy with light's blessing :)

Humbug.... :P

Edited by Suichimo

For 9-2 and dealing with Wary Fighter, the "Breaker" skills work really well as they will negate the effects of the Wary Fighter. As most units tend to be faster than armors, your guys should be able to double them if Wary Fighter is disabled. I used an Ephraim (with Swordbreaker), 4* F!Robin, Ryoma, and Erika. Narcian should work well since he comes with Lancebreaker by default.

For 9-5, try to get rid of Veronica and Xander as soon as possible. Place your anti-Xander unit in your second deployment slot while the Anti-Veronica unit goes in your fourth. I used Ryoma to kill Veronica on the retaliation while I used Swordbreaker Ephraim to deal with Xander. I also fielded 4*F!Robin and an Olivia to provide support.

Edited by Sire

24 minutes ago, Sire said:

For 9-3 and dealing with Wary Fighter, the "Breaker" skills work really well as they will negate the effects of the Wary Fighter. As most units tend to be faster than armors, your guys should be able to double them if Wary Fighter is disabled. I used an Ephraim (with Swordbreaker), 4* F!Robin, Ryoma, and Erika. Narcian should work well since he comes with Lancebreaker by default.

Zephiel's map is 9-2, 9-3 is Ursula's

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Zephiel's map is 9-2, 9-3 is Ursula's

It's too early in the morning for me. I'm usually a night person, not a man awake at 8:00 AM...

Raigh is surprisingly competent on 9-3.  What I did was immediately blick the axe knight with Cherche (since the armors bounce your units all over the place if left unchecked), then flew her over to deal a huge chunk of Ursula's health.  Raigh mopped up Ursula and dealt with the other horses.  That leaves the one-move lance knight, who is nowhere near the mayhem.  Olivia had to absorb a hit from the sword cavalier, though.

Leaving myself a reminder here or I will forget to post. Long day of strategizing and copying battle plans, but my take away is that Cherche is great for 9-2 through 4. Just jotting down my team for 9-5 or I will forget. Ursula, Olivia, Camilla (att bane nonetheless) and Cain.

Edited by Humbug

I highly recommend using Draw Back, Reposition, and/or Swap on a couple units for these maps, since you can use them to kill or seriously damage a unit then rescue that attacker to safety if they aren't able to take many hits. This in turn lets you use extremely high-offence, lower-durability units (brave users especially Olwen/Reinhart, squishy mages like Tharja and Nino, etc.) to great effect.

In the last map, having both a good blue mage (for Xander) and a good red (for Veronica) is highly recommended. If you bait Veronica, be aware that she'll inflict AoE panic (reverses buffs) on everyone EXCEPT her target, so keep this in mind for your positioning with Hone/Fortify skills.

OMFG, I FINALLY BEATED THAT STUPID 9-3 CHALLENGE!!!!!! NOW TO THE FINAL 1!!!!!!

VERONICA YOUR DUMB LOLI ASS IS MINE & NOT IN PEDOPHILE WAY!!!!

LIGHT BLESSING ALL DAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!

Wait... You can use Light blessing and you'll still get the orbs as if everyone survived? This changes everything. I had trouble with the final stage, but I've hardly used any Light blessings, I have tons of Them!