Late March Focus Banner Predictions Thread

Falcom

I really hope they don't do these random themes such as 'sibling bonds' or 'childhood friends' and keep doing a banner based on the games (for example, the recent Blazing Sword banner). It makes new banners cleaner and when Fire Emblem's such as Echoes or PoR get representatives, they'll get a bunch of them. It's clear from the Blazing Sword banner that they're hand picking units with a fair fanbase and not say characters like Legault or Wallace who whilst may have fans, aren't nearly as mainstream so to speak.

With that said, I think Ike is still going to wait for a second season of the story (he and Micaiah deserve to be headers of a new story section and not a Paralogue, but we don't have precedent to what they'll do), so my guess is either a Magvel (FE8) banner or a PoR banner not featuring Ike. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Gaiden tbh. I would love a Tellius one but I have a feeling it's being saved for the next story update along with Jugdral.

If by chance it was Tellius month...

Ike - red sword, Micaiah - blue tome, Elincia - red sword, Titania - green axe, Soren - green tome

And the next week:

Tibarn - green talon, Naesala - blue talon, Caineghis - red claw, Kurthnaga - green breath, Reyson - grey galdr

....would be cool yet highly unlikely

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, don't show this to Glaceon Mage, she'll be like "LUGH AND CHAD BUT WHERE'S WOLT HE'S ROY'S CHILDHOOD FRIEND YOU NINCOMPOOP" :P Not literally, of course, but something like that. lol

As much as I like Wolt, Roy's already in the game so including him would result in the second coming of Klein and Sanaki, because the logical partner is already present.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As much as I like Wolt, Roy's already in the game so including him would result in the second coming of Klein and Sanaki, because the logical partner is already present.

Wolt will then be paired with Micaiah. Both will get their childhood then.

I think they're saving Tellius for season 2 ( or beyond ) with Burger King and Ashnard being major antagonists. I like to headcanon that Japan is getting their revenge on Ike ( by not releasing him ) because he defeated Roy in CYL as payback. xD

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wolt will then be paired with Micaiah. Both will get their childhood then.

As ridiculous as that pairing is, those are conveniently the two characters I want in the game the most right now.

You doing this on purpose?

Either way, even just Lugh would make me happy, since the Banana Mage is a permanent fixture on my FE6 teams.  If they do put Lugh, I hope he's blue, since Nino and Raigh are green and red.  We'd just need Erk to complete the mage family reunion.

Chad... Chad's cool enough, he's got a surprisingly good Str growth but he's held back by thieves being unable to promote in FE6 for some odd reason.

Edit: Relevant:

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As ridiculous as that pairing is, those are conveniently the two characters I want in the game the most right now.

You doing this on purpose?

Sort of on purpose, also I wouldn't say no to either of them myself

Interesting, so the new banner will be easter themed...

I'm actually fine with that! I'm looking forward to see the characters dressed up like that! What other events would we get? Halloween? Or a 4th of July themed Arthur?

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

That's true, I just figured you'd actually use Klein and Sanaki to back up the possible inclusion of Wolt in such a focus. XD

Also... Ugh, you have to be fucking kidding me. Not that I wouldn't like something Easter themed, but only fucking Chrom and Lucina? No new characters or other popular ones already in the game? When 1, Ike and Lyn beat them both in the poll (and Chrom was beaten by Roy and Hector too), and 2, Ephraim beat one of them in the gauntlet?! When will IS get it through their thick skulls that 3DS FE isn't the only thing that's super popular or important?

Also, if they wanted RABBITS, uh, the TAGUEL? Panne and Yarne say hi here!

Another thing this is on top of those Christmas outfits that were leaked, which were also only Awakening characters (Robin and Tharja). Why can't some characters from other games get these too?

No 4th of July, Water Mage. That's a US-only thing. Though it would be neat if another country acknowledged it for us, I guess. XD

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

@Anacybele I can see Chrom, but where are you getting Lucina from? Her hair is nowhere near that long. It's more like Azura or Ninian to me. 

The hair definitely looks like Lucina's to me. Her's is always drawn tapey and a bit all over the place like that. Azura's and Ninian's aren't. Ninian's also isn't that long. Also, who else would her father be featured with in something like this? xP

Also, Lucina is far more popular than either Azura or Ninian. It doesn't make sense to include Chrom there, but not his daughter and instead a female far less loved.

Though now that I look at it again, I guess it COULD be Azura...

Edited by Anacybele

I think the girl might be Azura actually, as near the bottom left of the picture, her hair seems to have one of those cylindrical hair accessories that Azura wears. Then again, her hair shape seems a little off, so I might be wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, It's probably the artstyle that makes her hair look that way. The "Chrom" silhouette also has a slightly different hairstyle, so it's probably completely new art rather than the old art with bunny ears strapped on.

Edited by Korath88

Will the new Banner be the only one and only have 2 characters?  Also, will the holiday versions have different stats or just be cosmetic?

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Will the new Banner be the only one and only have 2 characters?  Also, will the holiday versions have different stats or just be cosmetic?

I'm pretty sure they will have different stats. Remember that Christmas Robin was either a sword or lancer, so I could see changes for both characters.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I'm pretty sure they will have different stats. Remember that Christmas Robin was either a sword or lancer, so I could see changes for both characters.

I'm not really a fan of that.  Having a character that you only have a 1% chance of getting for a couple weeks and never afterwards is bad design.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not really a fan of that.  Having a character that you only have a 1% chance of getting for a couple weeks and never afterwards is bad design.

It's also standard for gacha games.  And usually they repeat at some point, even if it takes a year.

I'm not sure how many of you guys kept up with the "Easter Event soon?" thread, but the next banner is confirmed to be Easter variations of Chrom, Lucina, Camilla, and Xander. 

There's always the hope that another, more serious banner will run concurrently with it or that this is just an elaborate April Fool's prank, but otherwise yeah. 

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm not sure how many of you guys kept up with the "Easter Event soon?" thread, but the next banner is confirmed to be Easter variations of Chrom, Lucina, Camilla, and Xander. 

There's always the hope that another, more serious banner will run concurrently with it or that this is just an elaborate April Fool's prank, but otherwise yeah. 

My thoughts exactly. I also mentioned that if that's not the case, then they're holding those characters off until the story update which is believed to happen sometime in April (based off the fact that Lloyd releases late May).