Late March Focus Banner Predictions Thread

Falcom

With a new focus banner (new characters) around the corner in 4 days, we should start predicting who it's going to be. Or hope if you want.

Last time, the developer pulled a surprised and focused on one game (Blazing Sword) specifically rather than a theme (Sibling Bonds). Based on that, there are 3 options:
1. Go for another game focused banner
2. Go back to themes
3. Completely surprise us again and do neither

With the first option, there are 3 games that I can think of that would fit during this moment.
1.a) Sacred Stones - Highest Priority.
1.b) Greil Mercenaries Part 1 - Only half of them. Most likely will exclude Ike for now until story update.
1.c) Mystery of the Emblem - At this point, I'm just hoping.

With the second option, I can't really think of anything so if you have any, post them. One thing I can think of however is:
2.a) Parent and Child - Although unlikely since they're trying to hold off releasing children characters from Awakening and Fates, they can include more from Jugdral and Elibe.

With the third option, what do you think they'll do with the next banner. Perhaps another story expansion with a bunch of new characters? I would like to know.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like if they went back and forth between a themed banner and a banner focusing on non-lord characters from one of the aloready introduced games.

I think Sacred Stones can indeed be done with the remaining Lord-ish characters. In which case it would include.

Innes
Tana
Joshua
L'Arachel

And then the banner afterwards can focus on adding more characters from FE1/3.

Wolf
Lena
Matthis
Julius
Wendel
Bantu

So far, it's been 2 concurrent launch focus sets, followed by 2 sequential siblings focus sets, and now a game-related focus set. I'm actually wagering we'll get another FE7 set before they switch to something else.

I think maybe a FE6 set to ride off the FE7 focus.  

Since they're related games, and all.  

If they do do that, I hope it includes Wolt

After that I imagine we'll get focuses related to FE2, because remake.

Enough with Elibe for now. Almost every single focus has had at least one Elibe character in it. It's time to move on for a bit. My prediction is either more Magvel characters or more Fates characters if the game focus continues. Or if we go back to a theme, I'd guess Micaiah, Makalov, Marcia, and some other sibling pairs for sibling bonds or it could be a theme I'm not thinking of. The way these focuses have been going on, we could see anything. I mean, did anyone expect Tellius's first character in the game to be Sanaki?

Edited by Anacybele

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Enough with Elibe for now. Almost every single focus has had at least one Elibe character in it. It's time to move on for a bit. My prediction is either more Magvel characters or more Fates characters if the game focus continues. Or if we go back to a theme, I'd guess Micaiah, Makalov, Marcia, and some other sibling pairs for sibling bonds or it could be a theme I'm not thinking of. The way these focuses have been going on, we could see anything. I mean, did anyone expect Tellius's first character in the game to be Sanaki?

Sanaki being the inaugural Tellius character was disappointing.  I hope we get at least one Telliusite next banner.  Literally anybody else would be an improvement.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sanaki being the inaugural Tellius character was disappointing.  I hope we get at least one Telliusite next banner.  Literally anybody else would be an improvement.

I agree, man. I mean, I don't dislike Sanaki and I actually rather like her, but REALLY. I don't think she's the first to come to mind for anyone when they think Tellius. And she isn't even the best rep for a sibling focus from that continent. Marcia, Makalov, Rolf, Boyd, Oscar, and even Mist all do the sibling thing much better. Hell, I'd say Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey do too and Eincia isn't even really related to them!

EDIT: Oh yeah, can't forget Lethe and Lyre! Look at all these siblings that actually have some kind of bond with one another. Sanaki didn't even know hers existed.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oliver! Fiona! Meg! Lyre!

I actually really like Oliver.  He's funny and one of my favorite villains, not to mention the most beautiful thing to grace Tellius.

I'm neutral towards the other three.  I don't really dislike them, but it would be trolly to release them before more prominent characters.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, man. I mean, I don't dislike Sanaki and I actually rather like her, but REALLY. I don't think she's the first to come to mind for anyone when they think Tellius. And she isn't even the best rep for a sibling focus from that continent. Marcia, Makalov, Rolf, Boyd, Oscar, and even Mist all do the sibling thing much better. Hell, I'd say Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey do too and Eincia isn't even really related to them!

Yeah, I was a bit angry when I realized Sanaki was only there just so she can be Klein's fake sister, especially when they clearly could've had Clarine instead. I don't know what the developers were thinking but they sure like Sanaki if they included her despite her true sister not being included as well.

I would die for Elincia right now despite her not have a sibling. I need her Amiti and staves too.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually really like Oliver.  He's funny and one of my favorite villains, not to mention the most beautiful thing to grace Tellius.

I'm neutral towards the other three.  I don't really dislike them, but it would be trolly to release them before more prominent characters.

I can't stand Oliver. He's a big fat creep. But amazingly, he's not the villain I hate the most in Tellius. No, that honor belongs to that creepy bastard Valtome, mainly because again, super creepy, and he tried to kill Elincia while she was unarmed! That...yeah, that made me angry. xP I love Elincia.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, unique said:

um

are you saying meg is not an improvement over sanaki

please clarify this to me immediately

Sanaki is cool and has personality and character growth.
Meg is a result of a joke from Path of Radiance Brom-Zihark support and has nothing.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I can't stand Oliver. He's a big fat creep. But amazingly, he's not the villain I hate the most in Tellius. No, that honor belongs to that creepy bastard Valtome, mainly because again, creepy, and he tried to kill Elincia while she was unarmed! That...yeah, that made me angry. xP I love Elincia.

I like him more in the fact that he's a well written eccentric villain.  He's not someone I would invite to dinner, but he's the sort of villain I love to hate, if that makes any sense. 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I like him more in the fact that he's a well written eccentric villain.  He's not someone I would invite to dinner, but he's the sort of villain I love to hate, if that makes any sense. 

Yeah, I've heard the term "love to hate" before. I guess I just could never really associate myself with it. xP

If I was to guess the next focus, I would say Fire Emblem 6 - Binding Blade. If they also go off the xenologues and the way the story is currently going, I can totally see "Binding Shadows" to be the title of the next mini-chapter.

I hope for a Sacred Stones focus to stick with the GBA titles and to give Sacred Stones more representation, but they may end up doing one of those JPN-Only titles instead.

i really don't want an fe6 focus

not because I don't like fe6 (even though that is true) but because I feel like they have enough from fe6 for now

like with fe7 I was fine with it because initially there were only 9 fe7 characters, as opposed to the 30 fates characters and 24 fe1/3 characters

so now that they added more fe7 guys fe7 has around the same amount as fe6

the total amount from each now adds up to 30, which I think is a good amount for now since fates (which takes characters from two different casts) has 30 as well 

i was hoping and expecting the newest focus to be a tellius one with sanaki being added and the whole sibling thing going on but I was fine with an fe7 banner since I love fe7 and I did feel like it deserved more characters than it had

but now that we've gotten more fe7 characters I think all the games that had characters available from the start have a good amount (except I guess fe3 which got a total of 1, though the characters added in fe3 weren't too memorable to begin with. i think an fe12 focus would be more appropriate to add more from fe3 as well as some of the new characters from fe12 like katarina and kleine).   

so yeah I'm hoping for a tellius banner next though I'd be cool with an fe4 one too 

oh yeah but echoes comes out next month in japan so a gaiden/echoes focus will probably be soon

Edited by unique

Yeah, I agree with the post above completely, except that I don't like FE7. Hoping for a Tellius one, but I'd be cool with an FE4 or Magvel one too.

Edited by Anacybele

I think FE8 could also be very likely as well. The focus characters would obviously be Lute, L'Archel, Joshua, and Innes. Since those are the most popular FE8 characters.

I would imagine Lute being a Red or Green Mage(More likely red)

So that would be 2 more reds and 2 more colorless.

Maybe Tana and Franz could be potential Blue Units.

While Gilliam, Ross, and Garcia are the front runners for Green FE8 units.(I know Gilliam isn't an Axe Armor but I feel if anyone should be it's him.)

Personally, I think it is very likely that we'll get another focus based on a specific game.  I definitely agree that a Sacred Stones focus would be a good choice, as that game had a lot of great characters.  I could see them doing a focus with, for example, Seth, Joshua, Lute, Innes, L'Arachel, and Tana.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the next focus featured something completely unexpected. 

Does anyone think we'll get a new batch of regular Hero Battles, or just a batch of 3* to add to the Pool?  New 5* are great and all, but I'd love a wider pool of 3* to draw from.

35 minutes ago, unique said:

but now that we've gotten more fe7 characters I think all the games that had characters available from the start have a good amount (except I guess fe3 which got a total of 1, though the characters added in fe3 weren't too memorable to begin with. i think an fe12 focus would be more appropriate to add more from fe3 as well as some of the new characters from fe12 like katarina and kleine).   

Who was in FE3, but not 1?