2017 NHL Playoffs Discussion

Anacybele

Nashville winning would be great for a number of reasons, and honestly I'm cool with a team winning twice in a short period of time as long as it's not back-to-back and they stop winning after #2. Did I mention Nashville is great yet? Go Perds

edit: grats @Anacybele on Pens avoiding the shutout (also bonus goal for effort)

Edited by a bear

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, a bear said:

edit: grats @Anacybele on Pens avoiding the shutout (also bonus goal for effort)

The only good thing to come out of that game, honestly. I'd have hated it even more if it had been a shutout.

22 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I mistook Pittsburgh for Philadelphia, lol. Speaking of which, do the Penguins get booed when they play the Flyers? I'm sure the Steelers do when they play the Eagles.

As a Philadelphian, the answer is a resounding YES!!!  Especially crybaby Crosby, we hate him

18 minutes ago, SetoBakura said:

As a Philadelphian, the answer is a resounding YES!!!  Especially crybaby Crosby, we hate him

But he's not a crybaby?

Just now, SetoBakura said:

Yes he is.  He complains anytime a player touches him. Hes always complaining to the ref.  He also dives to try and draw penalties.  

That doesn't make him a crybaby. And I've watched him play a lot, he didn't complain every time a player touched him, if anything, he just brushed it off and ignored it from what I saw.

SHUTOOOOOUT!! :D PENS WIN!!

What a turn around from game six from these Pens! I really hoped Fleury would net himself (hahaha) a shutout vs the Caps too and he got one! In fact, it was a birthday wish I made. :awesome:

Sorry, TheFreeLancerSeal. :P But hey, you got closer to beating us this time than last year, so maybe next time!

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

SHUTOOOOOUT!! :D PENS WIN!!

Now, can you win against Ottowa? I hope so, I would love to pull for the Penguins if the Preds lose to Edmonton or Anaheim (if the Preds win, I'll make a terribad MS Paint of a Smilodon eating a penguin just to set the mood.)

4 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Now, can you win against Ottowa? I hope so, I would love to pull for the Penguins if the Preds lose to Edmonton or Anaheim (if the Preds win, I'll make a terribad MS Paint of a Smilodon eating a penguin just to set the mood.)

I dunno, we'll see. I personally don't know much about the Senators. :P I feel like the cup final will be Pens vs Oilers/Preds though.

Pff, I guess Ottawa is a mismatch for us. Time for the Pens to go home and think about how bad they've become. Game 2 was good, but otherwise, it's been almost nothing but pathetic playing and embarrassment. There are a few injuries, but it's no excuse if they could play game 2 the way they did (only one goal came out of it, but they still played really well and Ottawa didn't have a shot in almost 19 minutes in the third period!).

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, coach Sully's adjustments may just be the best ever. lol

We not only took the series lead today, the Pens totally annihilated Ottawa. 7 to nothing. Holy shit.

But one more win and we're back in the cup final! DO EET PENS!

Edited by Anacybele

For one thing, the Ducks seem like a whole new animal. The Preds are in trench warfare right now. Whoever wins gains the advantage, but I have a feeling this is the first time the Predators are going to have a Game 7 in the playoffs.

Thanks! And if the Pens do get back in there, good luck to both teams! Goes to show though, my Pens aren't giving up their title easily!

Also, Pittsburghers will always tell you it's black and GOLD, not black and yellow! :P But I won't give you a hard time, it's not a big deal even though I myself prefer calling it gold. lol

Ugh, fucking hell...

This game was stolen from us, I swear. Well, mostly. Pens got stupid a couple times, but refs missed a lot of calls against the Senators (they sandwiched our guys to the ice like three times and no call. Sidney Crosby had that happen twice and it was only called once and even the announcers admitted that the Senators got away with some stuff), and they take away a goal that everyone thought was good, including the announcers and NBC guys.

And then Craig Anderson has to start playing super well when we're firing everything at him in the third to try to tie the game... This really should've been our win. We dominated all day.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah yes, the dreaded "outshoot the other team by like 15 shots, lose by a goal" game. And at such a critical moment! Ohoho. 

One game away from the return of the Sens Spartan guy, what a year.

Man, this officiating still sucks! Wilson's slashing miiiight be legit (announcers and fans all say it wasn't though), but that doesn't excuse the no calls on guys putting their fists in Crosby's face and calling a puck out of play when we would've been on the offensive that could've easily still been IN play. The announcers are even still calling out the refs on their bullshit, and when they repeatedly do that, you know there's a problem.

I know the Pens are the best team if they can overcome all this nonsense!

Edited by Anacybele

PENS WIN!! Two fuckin' OTs and WE'RE BACK, BABY! Take that, Refs!

Look out, Preds! You won't take our cup easy!

Looking forward to this matchup! :D

• 2 weeks later...

ONE MORE WIN AND WE REPEAT, OH YEAH!!

But if only we could do stuff like what we did in game five in Nashville. I mean, so far, it's mostly been Pens destroy the Preds in Pittsburgh while the Preds destroy the Pens in Nashville...

But if this holds up all the way, that cup's ours anyway because game seven is in Pittsburgh if it's necessary. :awesome:

Also, the Pens have now shut out every team they've faced in the playoffs so far at least once except for the Jackets. Fleury shut out the Caps and Sens in one game in both series and Murray also shut out the Sens and now he's shut out the Preds! He's also the third rookie goalie in NHL history to record a shutout in a Stanley Cup final game.

Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley, Pittsburgh should still be your home!

Edited by Anacybele

Believe me, Smashville won't lose. If we lose the cup, it's going to be in Pittsburgh. We've manage to demoralize every opponent this playoff season that stepped into our stadium at Bridgestone. We won't lose the Cup at home, so don't get so sure of yourself, Ana. If we do lose, then we at least have next year, which I would venture to say would net us the Cup for sure.

Edit: To further demonstrate my point, this is what we did to your goalie after the 2nd goal game 3

That isn't chanted by people who aren't confident in their team winning at home. I expect a Game 7, where we can shake hands once the Cup is over.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

According to what I've heard, you actually DID lose a home game in the playoffs this year, so it's not impossible. Also, none of our cups have ever been won in Pittsburgh. I'd love to actually see one get hoisted in the Burgh, but so far, that hasn't happened. :P

And even if we do lose tonight and a game seven is forced, it surely won't be another blowout!

Also, even if Murray WAS to blame for that loss, that's pretty low. Why don't Preds fans spend more time, I dunno, actually cheering their own team on?

Edited by Anacybele

AAAAAH!!

REPEAT CHAMPS FUCK YEAH!!! WE DID IT WE DID IT!!

BEST HOCKEY TEAM EVAH!!

Also, Murray shuts out the Preds AGAIN!

Also, I thought this was supposed to go to a game 7, Hylian Air Force? :P But I'm not going to tease you, your team put up a hell of a fight here. Kudos to them and this game was better than any cup final game we had last year.

Also, coach Sully is the second coach in NHL history to win the cup in his first two seasons! ALL HAIL SULLY!

14 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

Well, I'm coming out of exile just long enough to say, in good sport, congratulations. :)

I may not be happy with it, and I'd be lying if I said I was. But even so, congratulations.

Thanks! :) I may not like the Capitals, but for you, I hope someday they do get themselves a cup! Just not when they have to play the Pens...lol Pens need to lose to someone else first. :P

The Pens did a hell of a good job tonight. Granted, the Preds are in no way going to be the Chicago Cubs. We will return to the Cup circuit soon enough, and not as a last minute wildcard either. We didn't get the big one, but to say that we didn't do a good job is selling ourselves short. Now, if I could only draw a penguin going slappyface on a sabretooth...