Just started playing Fates and already found my favorite character

DarkWind

Yes, come join the League of Justice (not the Justice League; they're not the same) and bask in the glory and liberty that our lord, Captain Arthur, exudes. He brings about calamity wherever he treads, but these minor setbacks only serve to make all of us stronger.

On a serious note, it's nice to find another fan of Arthur. He's a pretty good character, though people tend to rag on him for being aligned with Nohr. That's pretty irrelevant to me, to be honest. Also, he isn't the most fantastic unit in game play. Again, irrelevant to me as I use even the most garbage of characters with a slightly strained smile. He's humorous, though he knows when to sober up; his design is pretty awesome; and he has a really kind personality.

Edited by saisymbolic

Whenever I use him in Heroes, I refer to his attack as "justice to the face".

Arthur definitely has his uses.  Cover for his weaknesses (like any other character), and have fun~!

Arthur, to me, is a one-note character that is done right because his entire existence recognises how ridiculous it is to have a single quirk be your entire personality, and just goes all in with its cheesy glory. Glad to see another fan of the dude!

55 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Discuss the subtle yet important distinction between justice and revenge.

Of all the unironically good lines that have come from silly and dopey characters, this one's right up there with "This peace is what all true warriors strive for". Like yes, there is a subtle yet distinct difference between justice and vengeance, and I think everyone should hear his lecture on that.

I am also an Arthur fan.  Even though I do riff on a lot of characters in Fates/Awakening for being one-note and gimmicky, Arthur's just... he's done so right.  I guess I just love his positive energy amidst all the sorrow and anguish you witness in Conquest.  I loved him in his supports with Elise.  He just never gives up, and he almost never lets anything get him down.

Yup, Arthur's great.

Maybe not so much as a unit (the dude can't hit, unless you give him Certain Blow and/or make him a Vanguard), but as a character? Yes, please!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: He fits the generic hero cliché so well and he plays it so straight that he's right up there with Odin as the funniest character in the entire game.