Some new info from Dutch Comic Con

Just saying the redditor said that Berkut's girlfriend gave them Azura vibes. Take that whatever way you will.

Also if anyone has any questions but doesn't have a reddit, I'd gladly ask them for you.

Edited by Azz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

I'm not a fan of mid-battle supports. It just doesn't make sense that characters just start talking about random stuff in the heat of combat. Conversation fit much better into the time between battles, when talking about your tragic backstory doesn't leave you open to stabbing.

My favorite example will always be the possibility of Forde painting while fighting Formotiis. I don't really see why in-battle supports are something people are cheering for.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

This alone sounds great.

! That's fantastic! I mean, if they actually expand upon it; if that's all it took for him to desert then the Deliverance is really better off!

Just saying the redditor said that Berkut's girlfriend gave them Azura vibes. Take that whatever way you will

Please no.

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Just saying the redditor said that Berkut's girlfriend gave them Azura vibes. Take that whatever way you will.

Also if anyone has any questions but doesn't have a reddit, I'd gladly ask them for you.

Maybe her girlfriend does nothing but say "You are the ocean's gray waaaaaves" all the time... 

Now, being serious, a girl with an Azura vibe sounds mysterious... and it may be a recruitable enemy of sorts?

1 minute ago, Thane said:

My favorite example will always be the possibility of Forde painting while fighting Formotiis. I don't really see why in-battle supports are something people are cheering for.

Don't worry, apparently the game makes fun of it too:

Tobin asked Kliff how he was doing and Kliff got all mad cuz he'd told Tobin not to start small talk on the battlefield. Kliff then went away and tobin was all what's up with that dood

! That's fantastic! I mean, if they actually expand upon it; if that's all it took for him to desert then the Deliverance is really better off!

Please no.

My favourite example is Amelia and Neimi talking about how great fruits are on the Phantom Ship.

GBA Style support are fine, but what I miss the most for the GBA are Vaida X Dorcas supports not ending necessarily in marriage. Hopes are quite high on that so far.

15 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Wasn't that one an accident? I read that it was accidentally deleted.

Oh it was? I had no idea, but that does make sense.

GBA styled supports mean likely only C-A, and only certain characters supporting other certain characters, which means they don't have to write every little support possibility regardless of chemistry. 

2 pluses in my eyes, although the way FE9/13/14 handled supports, doing them at base, was really appreciated. (9 still had the limitations but it has the base thing so I decided to mention it). FE12 kind of also had those but yeah, not many.

The new characters sound fun. I like how Echoes is fleshing out the cast by adding in more characters (Faye, Berkut, Fernand, etc.) and rejuvenating existing ones that were kinda boring like Slayde.

Edited by VincentASM

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

for the most part, they're not, i seem to be the only person in this thread actually happy about it, and not many people in that reddit post seem too thrilled either

and i'm really just happy with it because I appreciate the variety, I don't find anything especially better about them

Edited by unique

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The new characters sound fun. I like how Echoes is fleshing out the cast by adding in more characters (Faye, Berkut, Fernand, etc.) and rejuvenating existing ones that were kinda boring like Slayde.

Slayde wasn't even boring, he was inexistant, like 99% of Gaiden's bosses (at least he was lucky enough to ave a portrait. Poor Saizo (really curious how he'll be called this time around) wasn't so lucky...)

Edited by Tamanoir

10 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Slayde wasn't even boring, he was inexistant, like 99% of Gaiden's bosses (at least he was lucky enough to ave a portrait. Poor Saizo (really curious how he'll be called this time around) wasn't so lucky...)

It's hard to be interesting when you barely exist XD

I totally forgot about Saizou though. That one's gonna be interesting, yeah.

Nice to hear about staff exp. Totally forgot about that.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

It's hard to be interesting when you barely exist XD

I totally forgot about Saizou though. That one's gonna be interesting, yeah.

Nice to hear about staff exp. Totally forgot about that.

Saizou and Zack both lack portraits, the only other portraitless bosses were FE1 Gazzak and Gomer.

5 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Healing apparently gives Exp this time ! Now, all my worries have gone away !

Seems like they're really addressing the worst issues with Gaiden, so I'm really positive now.

The only remaining problems right now are the low hit rates, summons and the boring map design we've seen carried over. Hopefully this gets improved as well.

GBA styled supports? Ew...I can see why some people may not have liked the 3DS style of supports, but at I never liked not knowing who supports with who, and I'm worried about how long they take to build up. At least give us a log so we're not trying to get units supporting each other for nothing.

Seems like they're really addressing the worst issues with Gaiden, so I'm really positive now.

The only remaining problems right now are the low hit rates, summons and the boring map design we've seen carried over. Hopefully this gets improved as well.

I don't think the map design has really been touched from what we've seen in like any screens or videos unfortunately.

Just now, Jedi said:

I don't think the map design has really been touched from what we've seen in like any screens or videos unfortunately.

I know. I keep hoping they're saving the improved ones for later, but that desert map we saw recently bloody triggered me, man. 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

What about Armored line never gaining movement?

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I know. I keep hoping they're saving the improved ones for later, but that desert map we saw recently bloody triggered me, man. 

I hope they don't change the way desert works and desert maps because it helped armored units immensely in the original.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

It's obviously not just a straight up GBA style considering we've seen them gain support points for actions close to each other.

deal with the maps and hit rates, nerds

Just now, Tryhard said:

It's obviously not just a straight up GBA style considering we've seen them gain support points for actions close to each other.

yeah it's kinda silly to assume that it's gonna be exactly like the GBA games just because they're in battle

chances are it'll just be like in any of the other fe9 and on games but in battle

2 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

If this guy was being legit about my boy Clive being really good, I'll be extremely happy!

wasn't clive already good? i'm pretty sure he was my best paladin other than zeke

1 hour ago, Vier Mill said:

Now, being serious, a girl with an Azura vibe sounds mysterious... and it may be a recruitable enemy of sorts?

Maybe it's Sonia? That'd be cool if Sonia got close to Berkut before becoming a turncoat/dying fighting Celica's army.

@unique, Clive was pretty bad in the original simply because Mathilda joined already better than him and then you got Zeke and Mycen who were... Well... Zeke and Mycen.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Popped in to say GameXplain has a discussion video with Nintendaan about his hands-on time with Gaiden. Don't know if there's anything significant or new in it though. Also I don't know how to link things so you're gonna have to find it yourself.

Edited by SageOfAnys