Some new info from Dutch Comic Con

1 minute ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Maybe it's Sonia? That'd be cool if Sonia got close to Berkut before becoming a turncoat/dying fighting Celica's army.

@unique, Clive was pretty bad in the original simply because Mathilda joined already better than him and then you got Zeke and Mycen who were... Well... Zeke and Mycen.

oh

matilda was way worse than clive for me so maybe I just got lucky

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Popped in to say GameXplain has a discussion video with Nintendaan about his hands-on time with Gaiden. Don't know if there's anything significant or new in it though. Also I don't know how to link things so you're gonna have to find it yourself.

Daan says the auto-end setting is disabled by default, but can be turned on.

2 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

Interesting thing here is how they also talked about some new characters. There's a guy named Fernand and Berkut apparently has a girlfriend/fiance named Rinean... could Fernand be the blonde Paladin we kept on seeing? 

Do they have screenshots or a footage of Rinean to see what she looked like? And also, does the black paladin that we know has his localized name revealed in that demo from the event yet or they saw it he was just mentioned in Fernand's dialogue without using the black paladin's name yet?

Edited by King Marth 64

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Do they have screenshots or a footage of Rinean to see what she looked like? And also, does the black paladin that we know has his localized name revealed in that demo from the event yet or they saw it he was just mentioned in Fernand's dialogue without using the black paladin's name yet?

I don't think anyone was allowed to take any pictures so no sadly. Also Berkut seems to be the black paladin's name in both Japanese version and localized one.

1 minute ago, mikethepokemaster said:

When people say GBA supports mean you have to stand by each other for 100 turns or limited supports like only 5 people supports. That kind of sucks either way.

it's pretty obvious that what they mean is that it's done in battle

there's no way they could figure out either of those from the demo they played

So, melee character can learn moves from their equipment that act like spells, with HP costs? Neato. Can I please get a list of all known effects?

Just now, mikethepokemaster said:

When people say GBA supports mean you have to stand by each other for 100 turns or limited supports like only 5 people supports. That kind of sucks either way.

It seems yo have to stand at least within 3 spaces to build supports points. We also don't know if they will be exactly like GBA supports, we just know they are similar and they are activated on maps. With how Gaiden is paced in terms of maps, I don't think the amount of support points needed will be too big though.

Like Thracia 776, fatigue is a thing in this game. You can't rely on one unit too much or else they'll get tired and their stats will reduce. Interesting, but I wonder if there will be other ways to cure fatigue without having to make a trip all the way down to a Mila Shrine.... 

Perhaps they did this to prevent grinding with one particular unit? I need a more detailed explanation. 

10 minutes ago, unique said:

it's pretty obvious that what they mean is that it's done in battle

there's no way they could figure out either of those from the demo they played

Not really obivous GBA supports were stupidly long to get and the whole only 5 supports but only 1 can be filled was overly stupid too. When people say GBA supports people want to know it in battle supports or you have to stand by a unit for over 100 turns. 

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

Like Thracia 776, fatigue is a thing in this game. You can't rely on one unit too much or else they'll get tired and their stats will reduce. Interesting, but I wonder if there will be other ways to cure fatigue without having to make a trip all the way down to a Mila Shrine.... 

Perhaps they did this to prevent grinding with one particular unit? I need a more detailed explanation. 

I'm fairly certain it's to entice you to switch off between Celica and Alm once you can play as both parties. Using one side too much weakens them, but playing as the other will restore them, at least partially, if not entirely.

Just some conjecture I suppose, but I think it makes sense considering the calendar system.

Edited by Almerson

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

That might be one way to look at it. We need more info, however.

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

It seems yo have to stand at least within 3 spaces to build supports points. We also don't know if they will be exactly like GBA supports, we just know they are similar and they are activated on maps. With how Gaiden is paced in terms of maps, I don't think the amount of support points needed will be too big though.

Well that great than still rather they be like Fates and Awakening support but this is for older fans like 90s older fans and maybe who ever played Gaiden afterwards.

Maybe the calendar system has something to do with fatigue also. It could be the case that after a few days pass that a unit is no longer fatigued. Like with what @Almerson said, when you actually have control over both Alm and Celica, it could be a good idea to alternate between them.

25 minutes ago, Almerson said:

I'm fairly certain it's to entice you to switch off between Celica and Alm once you can play as both parties. Using one side too much weakens them, but playing as the other will restore them, at least partially, if not entirely.

Just some conjecture I suppose, but I think it makes sense considering the calendar system.

I like that way of Fatigue.

I thought he meant GBA supports like supports in SOV were written like they were in Gaiden.

I wonder if Rinean (or whatever Berkut's girlfriend's name is) will be recruitable since Fernand defects from the Deliverance. Having someone leave Berkut's side for the other might be interesting.

I would need to find out more information on the "GBA style supports" before I form a solid opinion about it. This probably won't happen until I play the game. That being said, supports were never a major factor for me enjoying a Fire Emblem game, but they did help flesh out characters.

I am just hoping that the supports aren't all short like Tobin and Kliff C apparently is. I also hope that we have some variety for S Supports.(Like Clair can only have an S Support with Gray) And no Support Max(like no 5 supports per character.)

Fingers Crossed for Full Voice Acting in them as well.

1 minute ago, 1japanfan said:

the website says "Fully voiced cinematics and story dialogue", so I doubt it

3 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

I am just hoping that the supports aren't all short like Tobin and Kliff C apparently is. I also hope that we have some variety for S Supports.(Like Clair can only have an S Support with Gray) And no Support Max(like no 5 supports per character.)

Hard to say. Depends on whether the entire game is fully voiced or if it's just cinematics and story dialogue like unique said.

1 minute ago, unique said:

the website says "Fully voiced cinematics and story dialogue", so I doubt it

I could've sworn I heard some voiced dialogue between Mae and Boey. Not sure if that's from an opening of a chapter/map or not, though.

1 minute ago, Kaze said:

I could've sworn I heard some voiced dialogue between Mae and Boey. Not sure if that's from an opening of a chapter/map or not, though.

it was from a map opening

although it did seem to be a skirmish, not an actual story chapter

i think most of the dialogue will be voiced but I doubt they'll do it for the supports

i'd be really happy if they did but it doesn't seem likely

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

it was from a map opening

i think most of the dialogue will be voiced but I doubt they'll do it for the supports

i'd be really happy if they did but it doesn't seem likely

I guess all we can do is wait and see since NintenDaan said that they weren't allowed to view supports.