Voice Acted Lines

Dylan Corona

So, I'm shocked. I must have clicked on Niles and Lyn both like 50,000 times to hear there lines when I first got them, but I randomly clicked on Niles today and I heard two new ones. About how the Prince and I are in a pickle and one about where Leo is. Did they update the game to add more or something, cause I'm shocked that I haven't heard this before? Also how many lines do each character have? Are some rarer to hear then others? 

Also, for fun, which lines are your favorite? I like Lyn's line about waking us up and Niles's line about coming out of the gun.

Edit: Is there a site that has them all listed somewhere?

Edited by Dylan Corona

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you unlock his potential

they add two new lines at each rarity, and there's 8 at 5 stars

anyway my favorites are probably caeda's

i just love the way she says "What's the matter? Can I help?"

she sounds so nice I love her

More voice lines are added onto the character's status page as rarity increases.

Lyn, who is a 5*-only unit, has all of her status page voice lines at the start.

Niles, who is obtained at 3-4*, doesn't have as many status page voice lines at the start.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, unique said:

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

More voice lines are added onto the character's status page as rarity increases.

Lyn, who is a 5*-only unit, has all of her status page voice lines at the start.

Niles, who is obtained at 3-4*, doesn't have as many status page voice lines at the start.

I did just 5 star him, that makes so much more since. XD That's very cool of them to do, add new lines the more rare they are. 

I like Caeda's voice actor too, it really fits her for some reason. They did a good job with the lines and that voices, at least, I think they did.

I'm not much of a fan of the English voices.

Part of it is due to the writing in that translators often end up writing awkward lines that native English speakers wouldn't construct of their own volition. In fact, the shorter the line, the more likely this will be an issue because there is less freedom to rearrange words to get the same or a similar meaning.

The other part of it is due to the smaller pool, and therefore less variety, of voice actors to draw from. A large number of voice actors working on the English voices are voicing 3 different characters, and I typically find that the pool of English voice actors have a smaller range of character types they can convincingly perform in, for example, small children have a tendency to not sound like small children.

I just can't really get into it if the writer and voice actor can't convince me that the person in the picture is talking and it isn't just someone reading off of a script (even if they're reading off the script really well).

Among the Japanese voices, Fae's is by far my favorite. She sounds exactly like I'd imagine her to sound like: an easily distracted, overly energetic, but adorable little kid.

I'm also a fan of Bartre's and Gunter's lines. Bartre sounds like the self-confident, muscle-headed, I'm-not-an-old-geezer-yet I imagine him to sound like, and Gunter perfectly fits the refined veteran knight feel.

2 minutes ago, redshirtontherock said:

I think one of my absolute favorites has to be Sully's "A lot of guys have underestimated me.  They're dead now."

Sully has no chill... XD

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not much of a fan of the English voices.

Part of it is due to the writing in that translators often end up writing awkward lines that native English speakers wouldn't construct of their own volition. In fact, the shorter the line, the more likely this will be an issue because there is less freedom to rearrange words to get the same or a similar meaning.

The other part of it is due to the smaller pool, and therefore less variety, of voice actors to draw from. A large number of voice actors working on the English voices are voicing 3 different characters, and I typically find that the pool of English voice actors have a smaller range of character types they can convincingly perform in, for example, small children have a tendency to not sound like small children.

I just can't really get into it if the writer and voice actor can't convince me that the person in the picture is talking and it isn't just someone reading off of a script (even if they're reading off the script really well).

Among the Japanese voices, Fae's is by far my favorite. She sounds exactly like I'd imagine her to sound like: an easily distracted, overly energetic, but adorable little kid.

I'm also a fan of Bartre's and Gunter's lines. Bartre sounds like the self-confident, muscle-headed, I'm-not-an-old-geezer-yet I imagine him to sound like, and Gunter perfectly fits the refined veteran knight feel.

I guess I understand it, I think some of the lines are written kinda strange, but I still like them. I guess it's personal preference. I'm not sure if you speak Japanese, but if you do, do you have a favorite line? 

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I guess I understand it, I think some of the lines are written kinda strange, but I still like them. I guess it's personal preference. I'm not sure if you speak Japanese, but if you do, do you have a favorite line? 

「みて、みて!ちょうちょう!」"Look, look! A butterfly!" on the status screen and 「がおぉ~!」"Rawr!" on entering a mission. They really capture Fae's childish nature and sound diabetically saccharine.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

「みて、みて!ちょうちょう!」"Look, look! A butterfly!" on the status screen and 「がおぉ~!」"Rawr!" on entering a mission. They really capture Fae's childish nature and sound diabetically saccharine.

Okay, that is super cute. I do love Fae lol. Rawr...so much cute lol. Make's me wonder what her English ones are lol. I'm sure they're not as cute XD.

11 minutes ago, redshirtontherock said:

I think one of my absolute favorites has to be Sully's "A lot of guys have underestimated me.  They're dead now."

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Sully has no chill... XD

Oh yes, I love that one. And I love Sully xD

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Okay, that is super cute. I do love Fae lol. Rawr...so much cute lol. Make's me wonder what her English ones are lol. I'm sure they're not as cute XD.

actually she has both of those in the english one

the first is a little different it's more like "Lalalalala.... Ooh, a butterfly!"

there's definitely still a RAWR too though admittedly I think I like the japanese one more

both are pretty adorable though

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Oh yes, I love that one. And I love Sully xD

That is a great one. I actually really like Sully. I paired her up with Chorm and made her a mom. She has some funny lines in that game. I haven't gotten her in Heroes, yet, sadly. But that line does fit her really well lol.

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

That is a great one. I actually really like Sully. I paired her up with Chorm and made her a mom. She has some funny lines in that game. I haven't gotten her in Heroes, yet, sadly. But that line does fit her really well lol.

She can still be a mom if she's with Vaike, you know. Those two were pretty much made for each other. But as we digress...

6 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wiki tells me the first one is “La, la, la! Oh, a butterfly!” in English.

Wiki doesn't have the mission start quotes, so I don't know about the second.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wiki tells me the first one is “La, la, la! Oh, a butterfly!” in English.

Wiki doesn't have the mission start quotes, so I don't know about the second.

the mission start quotes are actually either skill quotes or map quotes, you just might not hear them for characters who don't have any offensive skills

you couldn't hear any of them but the mission start one until they added inheritance, and you still won't hear them for any healers aside from the mission start one

so yeah they're on there but it doesn't specify which ones are which

3 minutes ago, unique said:

the mission start quotes are actually either skill quotes or map quotes, you just might not hear them for characters who don't have any offensive skills

you couldn't hear any of them but the mission start one until they added inheritance, and you still won't hear them for any healers aside from the mission start one

so yeah they're on there but it doesn't specify which ones are which

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking that was probably the case, but I haven't payed too much attention to the map or skill activation quotes to put 1 and 1 together (and doesn't help that a lot of the characters I've been recently using don't naturally have offensive skill activations).

On the subject of Fae's butterfly, I think what really gets me about the Japanese version is that while the English version is Fae stumbling upon a butterfly, the Japanese version is Fae has found a butterfly and by golly she really, really wants you to know that she. Has. Found. A. Butterfly.

Little kids can be so cute when they're well behaved.

2 hours ago, unique said:

How did I not know this before? I always wondered why some characters had more than others xD Thanks for letting me know :)

I love the English VA and the lines spoken, personally. Everyone has their preferences, and I do like the way the English has been done. Some of the voices are so good. I can't think of any lines off the top of my head, but I do tap on Leo a lot. I love his voice, especially ^.^

There's actually recently a vid showcasing all of the character voice clips up through Sibling Bonds. New sets of characters get separate vids as they come (like the recent FE7 characters). These along with vids of their in-battle quotes can also be found on Sinjin Dollarhide's channel.

For your ease of use, I've also copied the list of timestamps from the vid's description if you want to skip to a particular character.

Spoiler

Heroes:
0:00 (Alfonse)
0:36 (Sharena)
1:11 (Anna)
1:47 (Veronica)
1:48 (Bruno/Masked Man)

Mystery of the Emblem:
1:51 (Marth)
2:18 (Caeda)
2:44 (Jagen)
3:11 (Cain)
3:34 (Abel)
3:59 (Gordin)
4:29 (Draug)
4:53 (Wrys)
5:15 (Jeorge)
5:42 (Merric)
6:07 (Linde)
6:34 (Ogma)
6:57 (Barst)
7:20 (Navarre)
7:41 (Maria)
8:04 (Minerva)
8:30 (Palla)
8:55 (Catria)
9:21 (Est)
9:42 (Tiki)
10:08 (Sheena)
10:33 (Camus)
11:02 (Michalis)

Genealogy of the Holy War:
11:32 (Seliph)
12:01 (Julia)
12:29 (Eldigan)
13:12 (Lachesis)

Thracia 776:
13:39 (Olwen)
14:16 (Reinhardt)

The Binding Blade:
14:50 (Roy)
15:13 (Lilina)
15:47 (Shanna)
16:18 (Gwendolyn)
16:58 (Fir)
17:22 (Clarine)
17:50 (Cecilia)
18:19 (Klein)
18:50 (Bartre)
19:21 (Raigh)
19:50 (Sophia)
20:17 (Fae)
20:41 (Narcian)
21:15 (Zephiel)

The Blazing Blade:
21:59 (Eliwood)
22:29 (Lyn)
23:05 (Hector)
23:38 (Florina)
24:19 (Matthew)
24:49 (Serra)
25:21 (Hawkeye)
25:56 (Raven)
26:24 (Nino)
26:53 (Ursula)

The Sacred Stones:
27:30 (Eirika)
28:01 (Ephraim)

Radiant Dawn:
28:35 (Sanaki)

Awakening:
29:13 (Chrom)
29:39 (Male Robin)
30:05 (Female Robin)
30:31 (Lissa)
30:59 (Frederick)
31:30 (Sully)
31:59 (Virion)
32:44 (Stahl)
33:15 (Donnel)
33:46 (Lon'qu)
34:11 (Gaius)
34:41 (Cordelia)
35:12 (Nowi)
35:43 (Tharja)
36:22 (Olivia)
36:48 (Cherche)
37:23 (Henry)
37:45 (Lucina)
38:20 (Adult Tiki)

Fates:
38:47 (Male Corrin)
39:22 (Female Corrin)
40:00 (Azura)
40:36 (Ryoma)
41:10 (Hinoka)
41:46 (Takumi)
42:21 (Sakura)
42:49 (Xander)
43:24 (Camilla)
44:07 (Leo)
44:45 (Elise)
45:09 (Felicia)
45:46 (Jakob)
46:19 (Gunter)
46:54 (Saizo)
47:31 (Kagero)
48:09 (Azama)
48:46 (Setsuna)
49:35 (Hinata)
50:14 (Oboro)
50:53 (Hana)
51:26 (Subaki)
51:59 (Laslow)
52:32 (Peri)
53:11 (Selena)
53:40 (Beruka)
54:23 (Odin)
55:00 (Niles)
55:28 (Effie)
56:05 (Arthur)

17 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

There's actually recently a vid showcasing all of the character voice clips up through Sibling Bonds. New sets of characters get separate vids as they come (like the recent FE7 characters). These along with vids of their in-battle quotes can also be found on Sinjin Dollarhide's channel.

For your ease of use, I've also copied the list of timestamps from the vid's description if you want to skip to a particular character.

Oh god, I couldn't even get past Fae's second line. That voice cannot pass for anything younger than middle school, and even that's probably a stretch.

25 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Reveal hidden contents

Heroes:
0:00 (Alfonse)
0:36 (Sharena)
1:11 (Anna)
1:47 (Veronica)
1:48 (Bruno/Masked Man)

Mystery of the Emblem:
1:51 (Marth)
2:18 (Caeda)
2:44 (Jagen)
3:11 (Cain)
3:34 (Abel)
3:59 (Gordin)
4:29 (Draug)
4:53 (Wrys)
5:15 (Jeorge)
5:42 (Merric)
6:07 (Linde)
6:34 (Ogma)
6:57 (Barst)
7:20 (Navarre)
7:41 (Maria)
8:04 (Minerva)
8:30 (Palla)
8:55 (Catria)
9:21 (Est)
9:42 (Tiki)
10:08 (Sheena)
10:33 (Camus)
11:02 (Michalis)

Genealogy of the Holy War:
11:32 (Seliph)
12:01 (Julia)
12:29 (Eldigan)
13:12 (Lachesis)

Thracia 776:
13:39 (Olwen)
14:16 (Reinhardt)

The Binding Blade:
14:50 (Roy)
15:13 (Lilina)
15:47 (Shanna)
16:18 (Gwendolyn)
16:58 (Fir)
17:22 (Clarine)
17:50 (Cecilia)
18:19 (Klein)
18:50 (Bartre)
19:21 (Raigh)
19:50 (Sophia)
20:17 (Fae)
20:41 (Narcian)
21:15 (Zephiel)

The Blazing Blade:
21:59 (Eliwood)
22:29 (Lyn)
23:05 (Hector)
23:38 (Florina)
24:19 (Matthew)
24:49 (Serra)
25:21 (Hawkeye)
25:56 (Raven)
26:24 (Nino)
26:53 (Ursula)

The Sacred Stones:
27:30 (Eirika)
28:01 (Ephraim)

Radiant Dawn:
28:35 (Sanaki)

Awakening:
29:13 (Chrom)
29:39 (Male Robin)
30:05 (Female Robin)
30:31 (Lissa)
30:59 (Frederick)
31:30 (Sully)
31:59 (Virion)
32:44 (Stahl)
33:15 (Donnel)
33:46 (Lon'qu)
34:11 (Gaius)
34:41 (Cordelia)
35:12 (Nowi)
35:43 (Tharja)
36:22 (Olivia)
36:48 (Cherche)
37:23 (Henry)
37:45 (Lucina)
38:20 (Adult Tiki)

Fates:
38:47 (Male Corrin)
39:22 (Female Corrin)
40:00 (Azura)
40:36 (Ryoma)
41:10 (Hinoka)
41:46 (Takumi)
42:21 (Sakura)
42:49 (Xander)
43:24 (Camilla)
44:07 (Leo)
44:45 (Elise)
45:09 (Felicia)
45:46 (Jakob)
46:19 (Gunter)
46:54 (Saizo)
47:31 (Kagero)
48:09 (Azama)
48:46 (Setsuna)
49:35 (Hinata)
50:14 (Oboro)
50:53 (Hana)
51:26 (Subaki)
51:59 (Laslow)
52:32 (Peri)
53:11 (Selena)
53:40 (Beruka)
54:23 (Odin)
55:00 (Niles)
55:28 (Effie)
56:05 (Arthur)

zephiel sounds like a really angry guy trying to do a christopher walken impression who doesn't sound anything like christopher walken

I click on Freddy a lot simply because I love him and always loved his voice too, even back in Awakening. Kyle Hebert needs to voice more handsome knights! He might make Geoffrey win me over at last if he voiced him. lol

But anyway, my favorite line from Freddy is one of his 5 star lines: "Should we camp outdoors, you may rely on me for a magnificent campfire." For some reason, he just sounds the most sexy here! The most amusing one to me though, is "The commissary is serving bear meat? ...I believe I shall skip dinner today." lol This is a 4 star line.

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE PICK A GOD AND PRAY DIDN'T MAKE IT IN THE GAME AS AN OFFENSIVE SKILL LINE! IT'S PREPOSTEROUS! D:

Edited by Anacybele