Do Hyenas bother you?

Zapp Branniglenn

Do Hyenas bother you?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do they?

• Yes
    • No

So you're at a movie, and a joke really hits home, everybody in the audience laughs. Some more moments of levity later and you're familiar with it - the sound of the person barking with laughter behind you at every little scene and gesture. They're loud and seemingly having more fun than you are or anybody else in the theater. So I ask you, does the sound of constant hysterical laughter from just one source ever take from your enjoyment?

Nah. Sometimes people laugh a bit delayed because they might be laughing with company. I know once my group of friends laughed a bit longer at a joke than normal because we were also laughing at how it resembled an inside joke that we already had before the movie. So I'd imagine that sometimes people are in the same boat. Sometimes humor is funnier to other people, and sometimes people are more likely to laugh at things than others.  

Thought you meant the actual animal at first and was like wut...

I guess it depends on if they're so loud and obnoxious you can't hear anything else. If you can't hear the movie over them then yeah, it would be unpleasant. But that's rarely the case I think? I'll go ahead and vote no here. I come from a family of hyenas...especially my aunt and my mom. My mom once told a story about her and my aunt at a movie, and a funny part came on, and my aunt was still laughing hard at a sad part, way after the funny part had passed. And my mom can be the same way. So I guess long story short. no it doesn't bother me because I'm used to it.

I also am convinced I mightve been a hyena in a past life. The actual animal...because I laugh at my own dumb jokes, enjoy humor, and I shun hard work unless it's something I enjoy doing. Like hyenas rarely hunt for themselves. They eat off the stuff that lions kill unless there's no pre killed prey nearby, in that case they will go catch something themselves.

I honestly thought this was a thread about the African quadrupeds at first.

As long as they aren't laughing so loud that I can't hear what's going on, it doesn't really bother me.  I'm the sort of person who constantly whispers snarky stuff about the movie to the people I'm sitting with, so I'd be a hypocrite if I expected complete silence.

When I first clicked on this topic, I thought you meant actual hyenas as well. The first thing that popped in my head was scavengers, and the second, the unique anatomy of female hyenas.

As for what you actually meant, I've was actually a source of unceasing laughter when I was younger, it was exhausting for myself, and the one time I did it in class, it probably went on Youtube. And, yeah, someone else constantly laughing at every little thing will bother me, I need to be in the zone. Also, if I'm watching something funny with others, I will glance at them from time to time to read their faces for enjoyment.