Cutscene Stats

bethany81707

So I've been doing a little work on my All-Girls FE7 run, and I decided to check out my stats in the credits of Lyn's story. Both girls have over a hundred battles and sixty kills each, Serra has a few battles under her belt, and Kent has one encounter with an archer while I was stuck deploying him. However, I couldn't help but notice one particular unit's stats...

Spoiler

58d89a01e031b_RathsKill.jpg.7153dbdea9dcf78a45b957e3e1961e81.jpg

Rath somehow has one kill. I didn't understand how- Rath is on a horse, and is thus good at retreating from enemy contact. Moreover, Chapter 6 has virtually no enemies, and none of the default encounters should have been able to attack Rath and get counter-killed.

And then I remembered in a cutscene before the map (which I skipped), Rath kills a mercenary.

Honestly, I find this kind of thing fascinating, since the game obviously considers this round of combat as being completed by the player's Rath, which makes me wonder if other characters in other cutscenes have their statistics recorded. Has anyone else observed this? What other cutscene battles do you expect might record the battle statistics- I expect Seth vs Valter in Sacred Stones might, but Athos vs Nergal might not (Athos is green at the time, and there's a few maps separating the two).

Technical details to consider: I was playing Lyn Hard Mode, and the play session where I completed this map was not the same one as the one where I watched these credits- the console was decidedly off between the two. I am also playing on the Wii U Virtual Console, if that might potentially impact the result compared to those playing on GBA or emulator.

This one is also green, but there's Cecilia in FE6 when Zephiel is showing off. I believe she normally ends up with 0/0/0, but honestly I'm too lazy to check.

Seth is the only other one that comes to mind that's actually a blue unit.

Erk might have his introductory NPC battle with an archer recorded. Said battle is interesting because on Hard, it is actually possible for Erk to crit the archer and kill it, leaving a zombie on the map. Attacking it will kill it (though any hits will say "no damage"), don't know what happens if you leave the archer alone.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer