An MTG Commander Story

so I was playing a game of 4 player Commander the other day and well the guy in front of me was in red and green and was manna ramping like a mo-fo,

he decided to cast fireball with 40 mana spent on it, and he decided to throw it at me

http://imgur.com/kzEFJf7

then as it was being thrown at me I casted Redirect to the guy on my left

http://imgur.com/KPBatrf

then he cast Redirect to the guy in front of him

and then he cast Redirect at the guy who originally cast the spell

and then he died to his own fireball

morale of the story

don't trust blue players

Edited by Captain Karnage

Oh man, I haven't played some EDH in forever. 

I don't miss blue players, though - you can only get rifted so many times before you want the guy to switch decks for the night lol

8 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Oh man, I haven't played some EDH in forever. 

I don't miss blue players, though - you can only get rifted so many times before you want the guy to switch decks for the night lol

hehehe, I love that card in simic colors, what's even more fun is when you throw in Time Reversal so they loose pretty much everything

I ran Nekusar when he first came out and that combo was disgusting with him lol. I'd stack their hands with all sorts of draw effects and then dump them with wheels or reversal, it was pretty gross. Admittedly the deck was boring after the first few games but I liked it while it was fun. 

I haven't played Commander in forever since my deck is shit and I don't want to put any effort into improving it, but that's pretty funny! And reminds me of the third reason I don't play Commander that much.

i certainly hope my poor naya deck never runs up against yours

Thankfully, there's such an incredible amount of diversity in the Commander format that you almost never get forced to play against a bunch of boring, yet incredibly effective decks. There's definitely something for just about everyone.