TFW you can't have Heroes, but someone have it and dislike it

B.Leu

I'm gonna tell you a cool story. Inb4 the meme.

My dad have a mobile and he recently downloaded Heroes. The problems ? He doesn't like it, and doesn't even like Fire Emblem in general. So, he deleted it.

Do you have any idea how much frustrating (and hilarious) this is ? Like, I want to play this game, I'm a fan but I don't have a mobile, but he does ! And he doesn't like it !

In the end, I told him he was a monster, it was well deserved. :p
The cruel irony of fates, I swear. I hope this kind of situation did not happened only to me.

Why don't u have a mobile? What age in The world is this.

Use nox/BlueStacks to play it then. And if I can't say it here... Well sry.

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Why don't u have a mobile? What age in The world is this.

Use nox/BlueStacks to play it then. And if I can't say it here... Well sry.

Some parents don't trust their own children to use smart devices responsibly. I never owned a smart device at all until I had already started college though before that time, I didn't feel the need to even own one (not really much of a social person and unless in a college setting, mobile phones and similar electronic devices are generally prohibited from being seen or used during school hours).

15 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

In the end, I told him he was a monster, it was well deserved. :p

I'm gonna be blunt about this:

You sound like a spoiled brat and show a lack of maturity in this context.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Some parents don't trust their own children to use smart devices responsibly. I never owned a smart device at all until I had already started college though before that time, I didn't feel the need to even own one (not really much of a social person and unless in a college setting, mobile phones and similar electronic devices are generally prohibited from being seen or used during school hours).

True... well. his favourite FE game is PoR ... so using the time release scale... I am assuming he's College by now. But I tbf ... I never understood why parent dont trust their kid with a phone.. when kid 12 years old now have them

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You sound like a spoiled brat in this context.

By the :p I believe it was meant in jest. I know I would have said the same thing to my parents in such a manner - joking and not meaning it. I have that relationship with them. Nothing came across as spoiled to me - they want the game but can't get the game so it all feels a little bit less fair when someone else who can get the game doesn't like it ^.^''

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

By the :p I believe it was meant in jest. I know I would have said the same thing to my parents in such a manner - joking and not meaning it. I have that relationship with them. Nothing came across as spoiled to me - they want the game but can't get the game so it all feels a little bit less fair when someone else who can get the game doesn't like it ^.^''

I was raised differently I guess. Saying anything like that is disrespectful, jokingly or not.

If the jest was that they didn't actually say it and it was a lie on this forum to mock themselves, that's acceptable.

But the very nature of a thead like this is borderline entitlement. Like sure you can complain. But the fact that you are jesting at calling your parent at monster for daring to not like something you like when you have alternative access to it seems to show a lack of appreciation in general.

If you have a close enough relationship where there are inside jokes between your parents and you... that's fine.

But posting about it on and forum and expecting people to have the same tolerance of saying bad things to your parents... is a little out there.

Edited by shadowofchaos

42 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's something like that. There wasn't such point of it, even now that I'm an adult... well I don't see the point. Not much social as well. I have one phone at the house, it's enough.

I never really understand why parent would give their kids high tech devices, kids tend to lose them, or worse, have them stealed (it's one of the main reason why I did not have one). or use them for less than desirable purposes.
Though I understand perfectly that some kids are more mature than others, so...

37 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You sound like a spoiled brat and show a lack of maturity in this context.

When I said that to him, it was meant as a joke. I literally told him 'Espèce de monstre :p' (Trad: you monster :p) on a skype conversation. In France, it's literally one of the tamest, lamest insult you could ever come up with, and often used for, you guessed it, joking.
As Cute Chao pointed out, I put the :p to show it as mean as a joke, but, my bad, mea culpa for the poor communication.

Things to know, I'm an adult, he's away (separated), the discussion I had with him was light hearted, we even shared a few laugh about it, I perfectly understand why he wouldn't love FE. It was all good fun.
This topic was mean to convey the, admittedly childish but actually funny feeling of 'Someone have a game that you can't have because reasons'. That's it.

Edited by B.Leu

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I was raised differently I guess. Saying anything like that is disrespectful, jokingly or not.

If the jest was that they didn't actually say it and it was a lie on this forum to mock themselves, that's acceptable.

But the very nature of a thead like this is borderline entitlement. Like sure you can complain. But the fact that you are jesting at calling your parent at monster for daring to not like something you like when you have alternative access to it seems to show a lack of appreciation in general.

If you have a close enough relationship where there are inside jokes between your parents and you... that's fine.

But posting about it on and forum and expecting people to have the same tolerance of saying bad things to your parents... is a little out there.

It's pretty common where I come from. I don't see it as disrespectful, and if different people are raised in different ways, it doesn't seem right to call this person a brat when you don't know their relationship with their parents. They're not really complaining about the parent - they're not saying they should buy them a phone or anything like that. They just wanted to share their experience and joke about it a little. It could be a completely different environment to the one you know, which doesn't make it any more or less right. Just different.

I do apologize as coming off as policing your thoughts and actions. But just be aware that while it is normal for you (like I said, inside jokes) and such... it may come off as something completely different to others.

It also doesn't help that you said it in a different language, in which context may be completely different.

Again sorry for implying as such.

I apologize too. I did not realize that those words could have a different context and meaning in other languages. Like I said, mea culpa my fault.
I'll try to be more mindful and not screw up next time, I promise.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I do apologize as coming off as policing your thoughts and actions. But just be aware that while it is normal for you (like I said, inside jokes) and such... it may come off as something completely different to others.

It also doesn't help that you said it in a different language, in which context may be completely different.

Again sorry for implying as such.

Policing people's thoughts! You monster! :p

You know you don't need a mobile device to actually play this game? There's a program called Nox that can be downloaded on to your PC. It's an Android emulator. When you've got that, you simply find the newest Fire Emblem Heroes APK file online (Google search it).

Open the Android emulator, and then open the APK file within the emulator to install it. It will then open and play like you're using a normal mobile. Just link it to your Nintendo account so you don't lose your progress in the event of an error code, or something.

There's also downloading Qooapp onto Nox or Bluestacks and then downloading Fire Emblem Heroes via Qooapp (I honestly find this more reliable since dragging-and-dropping the Fire Emblem Heroes apk directly into the emulator doesn't always work since I still get error messages even with the most up-to-date apk).

Edited by Roflolxp54

On 27/03/2017 at 9:31 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also downloading Qooapp onto Nox or Bluestacks and then downloading Fire Emblem Heroes via Qooapp (I honestly find this more reliable since dragging-and-dropping the Fire Emblem Heroes apk directly into the emulator doesn't always work since I still get error messages even with the most up-to-date apk).

The drag and drop method didn't work for me on Nox, either. I simply used the "add APK file" option on the bar to the right.