New character confirmed? [SPOILERS]

So, I was scouting on Fire Emblem Wiki, and I found that this character (below) is actually a new character named Fernand. In the description it says "Fernand is a former member of the Deliverance, Fernand was persuaded by Berkut to join at his side after Fernand was displeased when Clive made Alm the new leader of the Deliverance".

Fernandechoes.png.f2070c3de1b32f6915ee3c69819f7379.png

I think a separate thread is fine. Not everybody will notice, haha.

I'm more intrigued about the Azura-esque female character (Rinean?) who we haven't seen yet.

Apparently she's in a relationship with Berkut--or maybe he's hitting or her. Given Berkut's social standing (as the Emperor's nephew), she must be pretty important herself.

I wonder if she'll be a female Rigelian villain or simply just an empathetic character.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Apparently she's in a relationship with Berkut--or maybe he's hitting or her. Given Berkut's social standing (as the Emperor's nephew), she must be pretty important herself.

I wonder if she'll be a female Rigelian villain or simply just an empathetic character.

One thing that has me worried is that, if you squint, you can notice how this could turn into a pseudo-Zeke/Tatiana type deal.

Berkut could find out something he doesn't like and try to peace out, Rinean is kidnapped to force Berkut into staying with Rigel, etc. etc.

I hope they don't do this, and it's probably just baseless worry on my part, but the thought crept into my mind and now that's all I can think when I wonder about how they both fit into this, and where Zeke and Tatiana could fit.

I'm just surprised that it isn't Zeke. Yeah, there's some differences in design, but the Gradivus went from a realistically sized spear in SD to dwarfing a poleax in NME (see: Camus' art from the former, Hardin's art from the latter).

37 minutes ago, Thane said:

Don't stare into that horse's eyes, guys. It'll steal your soul.

Challenge accepted.

Just now, BlizzardWolf95 said:

One thing that has me worried is that, if you squint, you can notice how this could turn into a pseudo-Zeke/Tatiana type deal.

Berkut could find out something he doesn't like and try to peace out, Rinean is kidnapped to force Berkut into staying with Rigel, etc. etc.

I hope they don't do this, and it's probably just baseless worry on my part, but the thought crept into my mind and now that's all I can think when I wonder about how they both fit into this, and where Zeke and Tatiana could fit.

I was worried about that as well, but I doubt they're gonna pull off the same trick in the same game. Plus Fernand's situation shows they're open to variety ^^

I'm actually more concerned that Berkut dies or something and then Rinean gets mad and goes on the warpath (or the other way round).

Anyway, I'm very interested to see how this all pans out.

Also, hopefully Rinean gives Azura vibes in the same manner that Azura gave off Ninian vibes. AKA they're totally different characters, with some slightly similarities.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I was worried about that as well, but I doubt they're gonna pull off the same trick in the same game. Plus Fernand's situation shows they're open to variety ^^

I'm actually more concerned that Berkut dies or something and then Rinean gets mad and goes on the warpath (or the other way round).

Also, hopefully Rinean gives Azura vibes in the same manner that Azura gave off Ninian vibes. AKA they're totally different characters, with some slightly similarities.

Dancer vibes? o:

Part of me wants all three to be recruitable, part of me wants none of them to be recruitable. Not sure, but I would love to use the new characters as units. ; o;

-

That reminds me, we haven't seen any new characters (unit and enemy) on Celica's route and story.

Edited by Aera

30 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

But Azura was just Ninian but worse...

28 minutes ago, Aera said:

That reminds me, we haven't seen any new characters (unit and enemy) on Celica's route and story.

That's something I've been wondering about, especially considering a press release talks up new recruitable characters alongside villains.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Wait, I wasn't exactly sure what superkyon from the reddit thread meant like Rinean gave him/her those Azura vibes, but wouldn't Rinean most likely be a Dancer or a Songstress in the game since that's probably the reason why superkyon said about Rinean giving the Azura vibes? Too bad some of us didn't went to the Dutch Comic Con and the staff can't allow people to record the footage nor take snapshot of the game, I do wanted to see what this Rinean girl looks like? I was wondering if she could be just a villager girl or she's from a noble family from Rigel.

And also, I wondered why Fernand betrays the Deliverance after Clive gave Alm to become leader caused Fernand to join Berkut? Does anyone think Fernand wanted to become the leader of the Deliverance or was he might have expecting Mycen to join the Deliverance to take back Zofia and Fernand didn't realized that Alm was the foster grandson of Mycen that he probably thought Alm could be just a lucky rookie?

Edited by King Marth 64

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I think a separate thread is fine. Not everybody will notice, haha.

I'm more intrigued about the Azura-esque female character (Rinean?) who we haven't seen yet.

She has to be pretty important for nobility to notice her. She's either noble herself, or if she is a dancer, her probable backstory would be "the mysterious dancer that caught the eyes of many, including the Emperor's nephew, whom she is now courting". It wasn't unusual in history for girls of great beauty to be wed to noblemen, like the 4 Ancient Beauties of China, where a couple of them (if not all of them) came from rather humble origins.

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Think of the drama where Rinean gets upset that her baby daddy died and she goes to a complete 180. If written well, they could show how Berkut was her rock, and she gradually slips into insanity after he dies. Like Ophelia from Hamlet.

2 hours ago, Aera said:

Dancer vibes? o:

Part of me wants all three to be recruitable, part of me wants none of them to be recruitable. Not sure, but I would love to use the new characters as units. ; o;

-

If she's a dancer she better be a recruitable enemy. We haven't had enemy dancers since Thracia 776. I think it would give us a nice strategic challenge, especially since it would be hard not to kill her if she's hostile and will attack you in range.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, I wasn't exactly sure what superkyon from the reddit thread meant like Rinean gave him/her those Azura vibes, but wouldn't Rinean most likely be a Dancer or a Songstress in the game since that's probably the reason why superkyon said about Rinean giving the Azura vibes? Too bad some of us didn't went to the Dutch Comic Con and the staff can't allow people to record the footage nor take snapshot of the game, I do wanted to see what this Rinean girl looks like? I was wondering if she could be just a villager girl or she's from a noble family from Rigel.

And also, I wondered why Fernand betrays the Deliverance after Clive gave Alm to become leader caused Fernand to join Berkut? Does anyone think Fernand wanted to become the leader of the Deliverance or was he might have expecting Mycen to join the Deliverance to take back Zofia and Fernand didn't realized that Alm was the foster grandson of Mycen that he probably thought Alm could be just a lucky rookie?

I have a feeling it'll be Fernand not being the commander himself, but I hope not. Because it makes no sense for him to dessert the Deliverance Army because he wasn't commander just to join the Rigelian Army where he'll never be the commander anyway.

I'd rather it be because of a deep seeded rivalry with Alm or something.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

For Rinean, I suppose that it's either her being a dancer (though I don't think that the game needs a dancer) or her having blue hair or being mysterious all the time and not talkative.

I must admit that I was a bit scared when he said that she gives him Azura vibes. What if it was actually Azura sent in Rigel by Mila or Duma?

For Fernand I though it might be because of what you said or because he didn't wanted someone unknown to him to become the leader or someone who isn't a Zofian noble.

Clive was the leader and is a noble and apparently he didn't seem to have a problem with that since Fernand was still at the Deliverance at the time and since he decided to join Berkut so it is possible that he thinks that nobles should be the ones being able to lead. 

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Horse : Please kill me now. I've seen some shit such as Duma's terrifying echoes' design. 

22 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

For Rinean, I suppose that it's either her being a dancer (though I don't think that the game needs a dancer) or her having blue hair or being mysterious all the time and not talkative.

I must admit that I was a bit scared when he said that she gives him Azura vibes. What if it was actually Azura sent in Rigel by Mila or Duma?

For Fernand I though it might be because of what you said or because he didn't wanted someone unknown to him to become the leader or someone who isn't a Zofian noble.

Clive was the leader and is a noble and apparently he didn't seem to have a problem with that since Fernand was still at the Deliverance at the time and since he decided to join Berkut so it is possible that he thinks that nobles should be the ones being able to lead.

Well, we did seen those Dancing Girls in the Fire Emblem Direct trailer that was inside the Royal Palace in Zofian Castle before the Rigelians and Desaix took over the entire Zofia, I wondered that they could possibly add two more new exclusive characters that are Dancers in Echoes for Alm's and Celica's party?

I guess that speculation part about Fernand's intentions about Nobles be more fit to lead than a villager who just joined the army does sound make more sense. I kinda think I did seen Fernand was attacking Alm in the second trailer and then Alm turns towards Fernand that it looks like Alm madly surprised to run into Fernand as an Enemy instead of an Ally, I totally think that cutscene possibly be around sometime at Chapter 3, Chapter 4, or one of the new Paralogue chapters that this could be shows the part where Fernand first battles against his own former comrades from the Deliverance after joining the enemy's side.

Edited by King Marth 64

52 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well, we did seen those Dancing Girls in the Fire Emblem Direct trailer that was inside the Royal Palace in Zofian Castle before the Rigelians and Desaix took over the entire Zofia, I wondered that they could possibly add two more new exclusive characters that are Dancers in Echoes for Alm's and Celica's party?

I like this idea.

I hope we get a shapeshifter for recruitable and enemy unit. 

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I personally would love a new dancer character for both parties. But I wouldn't mind if they didn't add any.

Afterall, isn't IS trying to keep Echoes as faithful as possible except for a few things?

1 hour ago, AnnaEevee said:

I personally would love a new dancer character for both parties. But I wouldn't mind if they didn't add any.

Afterall, isn't IS trying to keep Echoes as faithful as possible except for a few things?

Well, we did get more classes that were added in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem that weren't in the original such as Warriors, Myrmidons, Swordmasters, Sorcerors, Falcon Knights, Sages, etc.

Also, I did asked NintenDann on Twitter (the same guy that was the guest for the latest anaylisis and hands on for GameXplain's Dutch Comic Con discussion video) if he did saw that Rinean girl, he did said it was hard to say, she has the look down. But, does anyone exactly know what he mean by that? Did he exactly mean by Rinean looks exactly resembles to Azura like her appearance is a lot similar to Azura or is other stuff that resembles more like Azura, he didn't exactly said about if Rinean looked like it's possibly to have the dancer or songstress outfit on or she appears in other classes that was shown in the demo.

Kinda think about it, did anyone that went to the Dutch Comic Con and see what Rinean looked like from the demo, did she looked like she has the dancer or songstress outfit, does she appeared to be in a different class, or did she appeared to be one of the village girls during in the demo?

Edited by King Marth 64

7 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well, we did get more classes that were added in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem that weren't in the original such as Warriors, Myrmidons, Swordmasters, Sorcerors, Falcon Knights, Sages, etc.

Also, I did asked NintenDann on Twitter (the same guy that was the guest for the latest anaylisis and hands on for GameXplain's Dutch Comic Con discussion video) if he did saw that Rinean girl, he did said it was hard to say, she has the look down. But, does anyone exactly know what he mean by that? Did he exactly mean by Rinean looks exactly resembles to Azura like her appearance is a lot similar to Azura or is other stuff that resembles more like Azura, he didn't exactly said about if Rinean looked like it's possibly to have the dancer or songstress outfit on or she appears in other classes that was shown in the demo.

Kinda think about it, did anyone that went to the Dutch Comic Con and see what Rinean looked like from the demo, did she looked like she has the dancer or songstress outfit, does she appeared to be in a different class, or did she appeared to be one of the village girls during in the demo?

I see, I didn't play FE1 and FE3 so I couldn't know, thank you!

As for Rinean, I do wonder if we'll get a new mysterious character like Azura? Or perhaps it will be only her appearance? I guess time will tell us.

19 hours ago, Thane said:

Oh god! The eyes are following me! The eyes are following me! Somebody help!