FE4 Ranked LTC Completed! 154 Turns

Valkama

On 7/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, lang_tu_syd said:

It's a pleasure to watch. I guess it took a lot of planning for you to have these precise moves to get the LTC possible. 

Have you ever thought about putting in commentary to explain your moves? It would be great to understand your thoughts and reasoning behind it.

I'm not sure if I will. I might go back a later date and go over them again with commentary but as of right now there are no plans for it.

Edited by Valkama

Chapter 4 is done: 

Spoiler

Probably one of the easiest chapters in the game, it's more of a movement puzzle than anything. The jealousy formation at the start nets +10 to Claud/Adean, +10 to Lewyn/Erin, +5 to Midir/Brigid, +5 to Ayra/Lex and also funnily enough +5 to Claud/Brigid(Doesn't matter). It looks like I'm going to overshoot my goal of 500 levels in Gen 1 which is nice because it means I don't need as many levels gen 2 when there is more experience to go around.

Edited by Valkama

Gen 1 is Done! First I made some minor changes to Chapter 4:

Spoiler

The differences are Sylvia and Erin trigger their conversation and Dew drops 6k on Sylvia.

And now Chapter 5:

Spoiler

I ended up getting 520 levels total which was a lot more than I was expecting. I got pretty much all the inheritance I wanted (Although I had to dump 25k on the Tyrfing :/). Well off to Gen 2!

Apparently Leif's inheritance doesn't work the same as everyone else. His inventory gets reorganized into a specific order. This is a problem cause I need him to start with the return ring. I'll just sell off some of the lower value swords and replay through chapter 4 and 5 real fast as I still have the routes written down so it should be quick although this is kinda annoying.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:29 PM, Valkama said:

I found out how RNG was calculated and wrote a C++ program to predict future Random Numbers. Then the program would plug those numbers into another program that I wrote which functioned more as an Arena simulator of sorts and had it spit back how many Random Numbers I would have to burn in order to get an Arena clear I wanted. Essentially the program just does the trial and error for me. I haven't been able to use it outside of the Arena though because enemy AI is weird.

That sounds quite complicated, don't know if this is asking too much but would you mind giving some instructions and the programs to manipulate the RNs. Thank you.

8 hours ago, lang_tu_syd said:

That sounds quite complicated, don't know if this is asking too much but would you mind giving some instructions and the programs to manipulate the RNs. Thank you.

Well the code isn't super user friendly as it was designed for me to use and me only but here you go.

This is the main RNG generator. It generates numbers in the same way FE4 generates numbers up to position 1000010.

Spoiler

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
 int RNGTABLE[1000010];
 RNGTABLE[1]=16;
 RNGTABLE[2]=14;
 RNGTABLE[3]=32;
 RNGTABLE[4]=14;
 RNGTABLE[5]=82;
 RNGTABLE[6]=40;
 RNGTABLE[7]=69;
 RNGTABLE[8]=97;
 RNGTABLE[9]=49;
 RNGTABLE[10]=89;
 RNGTABLE[11]=16;
 RNGTABLE[12]=84;
 RNGTABLE[13]=93;
 RNGTABLE[14]=35;
 RNGTABLE[15]=72;
 RNGTABLE[16]=40;
 RNGTABLE[17]=88;
 RNGTABLE[18]=81;
 RNGTABLE[19]=36;
 RNGTABLE[20]=43;
 RNGTABLE[21]=51;
 RNGTABLE[22]=79;
 RNGTABLE[23]=65;
 RNGTABLE[24]=18;
 RNGTABLE[25]=60;
 RNGTABLE[26]=85;
 RNGTABLE[27]=54;
 RNGTABLE[28]=20;
 RNGTABLE[29]=48;
 RNGTABLE[30]=52;
 RNGTABLE[31]=52;
 RNGTABLE[32]=54;
 RNGTABLE[33]=79;
 RNGTABLE[34]=25;
 RNGTABLE[35]=94;
 RNGTABLE[36]=24;
 RNGTABLE[37]=39;
 RNGTABLE[38]=73;
 RNGTABLE[39]=31;
 RNGTABLE[40]=84;
 RNGTABLE[41]=49;
 RNGTABLE[42]=95;
 RNGTABLE[43]=74;
 RNGTABLE[44]=80;
 RNGTABLE[45]=74;
 RNGTABLE[46]=60;
 RNGTABLE[47]=12;
 RNGTABLE[48]=13;
 RNGTABLE[49]=17;
 RNGTABLE[50]=73;
 RNGTABLE[51]=92;
 RNGTABLE[52]=12;
 RNGTABLE[53]=6;
 RNGTABLE[54]=83;
 RNGTABLE[55]=10;
 int b = 1;
 int n = 0;
 do
 {
    n=b*55;
 for(int i = 1; i<56; i++)
    {
        if (i<24)
        {
            RNGTABLE[i+n]=RNGTABLE[i+n-55]-RNGTABLE[i+n-55+31]-1;
        }
        else
        {
            RNGTABLE[i+n]=RNGTABLE[i+n-55]-RNGTABLE[i+n-24]-1;
        }
        if (RNGTABLE[i+n] < 0)
        {
            RNGTABLE[i+n]=RNGTABLE[i+n]+100;
        }
    }
 b+=1;
 }
 while(b<18182);

return 0;
}

Here is what I use to find the position I'm in. Put this in the space between "while(b<18182)" and "return 0;":

Spoiler

//rn finder
int rn=1;
int rnc=1;
int found=0;
int rnone=16;
int rntwo=14;
int rnthree=32;

do
{
    rnc=rn;
    if (RNGTABLE[rnc] == rnone)
    {
        rnc+=1;
        if (RNGTABLE[rnc] == rntwo)
        {
            rnc+=1;
            if (RNGTABLE[rnc] == rnthree)
            {
                found = 1;
            }
        }
    }
    rn+=1;
}
while(found==0);

Here is what I use the print the information I want. Put this after the last code but before "return 0;":

Spoiler

cout<< "True Position: " <<rn-1<<endl;
cout<< "Relative Position: " <<(rn-1)%55<<endl;
cout<< "Displayed: " <<(rn-1)%55<< " " <<RNGTABLE[rn-1]<<endl;
cout<< "Next 4 Values: " <<RNGTABLE[rn]<< " " <<RNGTABLE[rn+1]<< " " <<
RNGTABLE[rn+2]<< " " <<RNGTABLE[rn+3]<< " " <<endl;

Under the second code, the variables rnone, rntwo, and rnthree can be editted to whatever are the next 3 RN values. This should find out what position you are in. It prints out the next several numbers just as verification that it found the correct spot, I've never see the generator find a duplicate 3 RN chain(First one I found when seeing if they existed was at around position 850 thousand) but if you do just change the variable rn to the number after the false position and it will skip it.

For the arena I don't have a set in stone code as it needs to be modified depending on player/enemy skills and whatnot but assuming no skills are in place and the player is faster this would work. This code should go in place of the position finding code:

Spoiler

//BATTLE SIMULATION
int ed, pd, eh, ph, epmax, ppmax, pp, ep, rn, rnc;
ed=10; //enemy damage dealt
pd=10; //player damage dealt
eh=70; //enemy hit rate
ph=70; //player hit rate
epmax=30; //enemy max hp
ppmax=30; //player max hp
rn=1; //starting position
do
{
    rnc=rn;
    pp=ppmax;
    ep=epmax;

do
{
//combat cycle

//player attack
if (pp > 0)
{
if (RNGTABLE[rnc] < ph)
    {
        ep-=pd;
    }
    rnc+=1;
}
//enemy attack
if (RNGTABLE[rnc] < eh)
{
    pp-=ed;
}
rnc+=1;
}
while(ep > 0 and pp > 0);

rn+=1;
}
while(ep>0);

Again this code is pretty barebones and more exists for me to use as you need some amount of coding knowledge to use it. I have contemplated making it more user friendly and actually compiling it into a program to distribute but as of right now this is what I use.

Chapter 6:

Spoiler

Pretty easy chapter. The most annoying thing about it is how there is no arena so I have to sometimes do sub optimal moves to get RNG correct for the less reliable boss kills(Thanks Great Shield!). Managed to get both the steel sword and light sword to crit so now I have 4 crit weapons. Looking ahead at chapter 7 Leif did start with the return ring so everything is good!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7: 

Spoiler

This chapter was unfortunately a lot more unreliable than I wanted it to be particularly at Darna castle. I could have tried to grab more kills on the light sword to improve reliability but originally I planned to have more money a was going to use the pursuit ring but because of Leif's inventory bug and my unwillingness to reroute around that we I get this. Leif does end up promoting at the end though which is all that really matters. Looks like I will be able to get Ares and Jeanne promoted by chapter 9 as well which will be helpful.

Chapter 8:

Spoiler

This maps kinda poorly laid out. It's just two straight lines and as a result there is no incentive for me to not use Seliph to solve every problem. All my units are looking pretty good though, especially on money, and Fee hit her benchmarks for chapter 9 finally.

Chapter 9:

Spoiler

Wooh it's great to know my theory for this chapter ended up working out. I thought an 11 turn was possible for a while but I wasn't able to get any proof of it until now. Charlot also hit level 9 so he should be able to cap by the final and Julia did cap this chapter so that's cool. I'm probably going to end up overshooting my level estimate by about 20 levels or so but that's fine.

Chapter 10: 

Spoiler

Not too different from standard LTC strats. I do use Buttface though to try and make Arvis more reliable, there still only has somewhere between a 5 and 10% chance of success but it's way better than the 0.2% or whatever the original strat used.

Edited by Valkama

Final Chapter is here:

Spoiler

And the ending:

Spoiler

Total number of Levels(Experience): 1027(A)

Total number of Turns(Tactics): 154(A)

Total number of Losses(Combat): 1(A)

Total number of units lost(Survival): 0(A)

Total: A